Bellazon

The Expanse

Enrico_sw

The Expanse 2.JPG

The Expanse is an American science fiction television series on Syfy, developed by Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, based on the series of novels by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (writing under the pseudonym James S. A. Corey). Set in a future where humanity has colonized the Solar System, it follows United Nations executive Chrisjen Avasarala, police detective Josephus Miller, and ship's officer Jim Holden  and his crew as they unravel a global conspiracy.

The series premiered in 2015 on Syfy.

Synopsis

Two hundred years in the future, in a fully colonized Solar System, police detective Josephus Miller, born on Ceres in the asteroid belt, is assigned to find a missing young woman, Juliette "Julie" Andromeda Mao. James Holden, an Executive Officer of the ice hauler Canterbury, is involved in a tragic incident that threatens to destabilize the uneasy peace between Earth, Mars and the Belt. On Earth, Chrisjen Avasarala, a United Nations executive, works to prevent war between Earth and Mars by any means necessary. Soon, the three find out that the missing woman and the ice hauler's fate are part of a vast conspiracy.

Cast

- Thomas Jane, Josephus "Joe" Aloisus Miller

- Steven Strait, James "Jim" Holden

- Cas Anvar, Alex Kama

- Dominique Tipper, Naomi Nagata

- Wes Chatham, Amos Burton

- Paulo Costanzo, Shed Garvey

- Florence Faivre, Juliette "Julie" Andromeda Mao

- Shawn Doyle, Sadavir Errinwright

- Shohreh Aghdashloo, Chrisjen Avasarala

- Frankie Adams, Roberta "Bobbie" Draper

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@CandleVixen  How does it compare to the books? I've never read them, I've only watched the series. Given how much I enjoy it, I should probably put the books on my "to read" list.

To which book correspond season 1, 2 & 3?

It’s kind of hard to say with the books vs the show because the books are so thick and there’s so much spread around. We don’t see Avrasherala and Draper until book two. Some of the happenings in two happen in the first season, some in book one doesn’t happen until season two, things like that. 

I am enjoying both tremendously and recommend reading them if you love reading hardcore sci fi. 

I forgot to mention something interesting about the two authors who make up James S A Corey. 

They are friends with and are in George RR Martin’s writing group. 

He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico and the two live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. (One of my three hometowns)