Bellazon

2019 SI Swimsuit

25 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

How can the rookies have "proven history as a SI Swimsuit brand ambassadors" when they are, you know, rookies? :D Or this just means "number of likes on their SI related posts in Instagram" in the last few weeks?

imo is based on the promo they do for them, like posting SI pics or videos on their social media

6 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Silly question time. We did not get body paint this year?

they skipped body paint last year too..we don't know why, maybe is too expensive? i'm not sad about it tho, the bodypaint stopped being good a long time ago

10 hours ago, Schemer said:

They will stop because they'll lose their audience.

Well, that's optimistic. I think they are on the Titanic... for several reasons:

People usually think : "This business will meet the demand, otherwise they die", but businesses can die! They die every day. Some people make crappy choices... Nothing tells us that SI will be smart enough and avoid decay....

- The prime target is mainstream media and they demand PC! :ermm:

- Marketing departments are biased: they rely on a little world, in an ivory tower, closely linked to social sciences, the temple of PC (I like the work of a guy name Haidt on this)

- Social media analyses are biased: analyzing social media is loooong. Too many comments and there are a lot of little SJWs who praise PC stuff. Negative comments are  interpreted as hate speech, so they are disqualified. So, they may actually think they hit the market. :rofl:

Anyway, let's wait and see :laugh:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5qe1vhgTg1qekvhfo1_500.gif

8 hours ago, pinguoin said:

1809067668_2019_SportsIllustrated(41).thumb.jpg.2c8381b26a4c554ce951be1936178104.jpg

She's actually really good. I like her freckled face and witty smile. Her, Babs and Lais are actually great in this year's desert.

Tyra Banks is pretty good too.

It's time to end the swimsuit issue.  When I can find random people on the street and make a better issue you know it's past its prime.  The people making the issue lack talent and creativity.  It's been bad but now it's dead.

MJ Day has got to be fired. This issue is a travesty. A bunch of fatties, ugly sports women (sorry but true) and filled with average models. The few actual super models, Barbara and Lais, stand way out of from the crowd and aren't even featured. Hell Danielle Harrington had a bunch of cover worthy shots too. Their videography has turned into quick cut garbage now and the photoshopping is still egregious. They need to fire MJ and try a new direction or just kill the issue if this is the best they can do after an extra 4 months to work on the issue.

I remember thinking how annoyed I was when May 8 was announced as the release date because I knew that was a very busy day for me and I wouldn't have much chance to browse through the material (obviously no fault of SI). Now that I have more or less gone through it, they can feel free in the future to schedule it on a busy day.

Worst issue in SI history.  The pics either feature bad suits, bad poses, or unattractive models.  The videos, usually the stronger part of the material every year, are garbage.  They've regressed to an old weakness which is too many quick cuts.  The clips are too short.  If you have longer clips, you don't need the quick cuts.  Plus the videos are just all over the place on the site... not organized well.  I wish each model would just have one video, maybe 5-6 minutes with all of the worthy footage, instead of scattershotting them among different small clips.

Highlights (relatively speaking) and lowlights

Lais and Barb had good shoots.

I like Tyra's cover and shoot.  They kept it simple, which worked, and to me she's still very attractive.

Paulina looked great too.  

there were some other Ok shoots, but most were just unmemorable.  

And I have no idea why Sam still has a job here.

I'm cool with the diversity thing to a degree-- I mean, Raine might be my favorite from the model search.. but jeez, there has to be a line drawn and needs to be well before Hunter.

I've been fairly diplomatic on MJ, but this is junk.  Which is a shame because I think the first 2 years she was fully in charge was 2014-15 and those years were quite good IMO.  But the rot clearly set in-slowly, then bottoming out with this.  

And the problem is, even if MJ gets fired (unlikely), the diversity genie is already out of the bottle and can't be put back.  That's not all bad, but, once again, SI took a well intentioned idea and ran it aground.  

peace, out.