Bellazon

2019 SI Swimsuit

I haven't seen everything yet, but I think Lais, Alex, Barbara and Olivia had good shoots.

Some of the other shoots I have seen may look good for this issue but would be considered bad in most previous issues. And a few shoots from this year would not even be considered for previous years, and that includes some good models, but the shoots are just bad.

I think using Tyra is just another attempt at their recent trend of trying to cash in on nostalgia.

2 hours ago, DonSimon said:

lmaoooo i just wanna vote but too bad Alexis had a fallout with them 

What happened between them? Alexis has no business being in a traditional SI swim issue but given the nonsense this year she would have been an improvement over many. 

I have one word only to describe this thing and it's trashRIP SI, I'm done with this magazine. I shall stop commenting on these threads, great job MJ, you're turning this magazine into an irrelevant shitshow :PinkCouture2:

17 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

i like Robin's shoot, could have been better with another photographer but she was in the better location

my fave ❤️ (more cover worthy than the real covers imo)

X162383_TK5_00965_rawfinalwm19200.jpg

The location is pretty, the swimsuits aren't horrific however her face barely changes from picture to picture and I can't tell if she looks bored or if she's trying to do the sexy bedroom eyes. Either way it falls flat, which is unfortunate because they actually didn't do a horrific job of capturing the location as well as the model. I think they just needed to get her to engage more, it's just lacking emotional connection which makes the pictures seem flat. 

So from the pics on this forum... Lais, Danielle, Barbara have pics that could have been covers. Even that Manuela girl has a couple of good ones. Kelsey has one or two great pics also. Myla and Tara (who has a face like a plus Nat Vid) surprised me, some awesome pics as does Paulina (But that’s to be expected as she’s a great model). Halima has a beautiful face. Hunter has a nice face but in a Stifler’s mum way.

Disappointed by Olivia B, but her body pics (ie those without a lot of face) are fab.  Robin also had a bad shoot... 

Jasmine and the other Olivia are very disappointing tbh. Tyra, great model in her day but I feel like she’s gone... extra now? (To be fair the swimsuits they gave her are criminal)

also so they gave up Kelly and Raven for these gals?

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

Hunter has gotten even fatter than she was in the last issue, this is so wrong...

she looks like she weighs 230 lbs!

phoho96lko2qbwe.jpgX162348_TK1_00460_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_00552_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_00720_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_00727_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_00837_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_00869_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_00939_rawfinalwm19200.jpgX162348_TK1_01104_rawfinalwm19200.jpg

Think you got your numbers mixed up.  That's more like 320lbs than 230lbs.

I actually think Tyra looks amazing! Good choice for a cover, and well think her body looks damn good. :heart: 

Hunter on the other hand. I'm all for being inclusive but that isn't just curvy, that is unhealthy :( 

6 hours ago, heartwing said:

I love Alex's cover, but the rest?  Yikes. :blink:

I agree. If they (MJ) wanted to use a veteran model, why not Paulina? 

She looks fantastic!! 

Tyra is meh to me, even back in her VS Angel days. 

Alex looks great, and my take away from her cover shot is that she is focused. 

3 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Hunter has gotten even fatter than she was in the last issue, this is so wrong...

she looks like she weighs 230 lbs!

I’d say closer to 270, but I’m usually wrong. 

Also isn’t she battling eating disorders? That can make you go from one extreme to the other, weight and health wise. Or she’s fighting some endocrine issues. 

I still think she’s pretty, though those pics don’t show it. 

Next year they should use an extremely anorexic model. It would glamourize a mental health condition that affects only 1% of the US population instead of that of a physical condition that affects over two-thirds of the US population. I'm sure someone out there would find her attractive too, just like I'm sure someone out there finds Hunter attractive. 

Honestly, that shoot feels extraordinarily irresponsible of SI. Plus size models are one thing and something I can get behind. This goes beyond that. Obesity is something doctors fight against every day ... it's never something that should be glamorized any more than you would want to glamorize unrealistically skinny girls ... even less so.