Bellazon

2019 SI Swimsuit

10 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Following her faith with modest clothing is one thing, which is good. 

She is a beautiful woman, that isn’t a lie. 

Thing is, did she get this on her own merit or was it something that MJ and company did just to prove inclusion of all faiths? 

I agree with your first two statements :thumbs_up:

I am pretty sure this is a ploy to create buzz and to seem "inclusive" more than anything else :/ 

SI used to sell issues based on the beauty and sex appeal of their models. Since Mj took over they have resorted to gimmicks and “inclusivity” to try and stay relevant. At what point does the head of the magazine sit back and say this isn’t working.

I’m sorry this is fucken hilarious. Are they legit with this? As a person who has Arabic heritage I know what the hijab symbolizes in most Arabic cultures. And I don’t give a shit if someone is making a “choice” to wear it but the hijab has been a sign of female oppression for centuries and they are trying to promote it but also have their own PC feminist agenda? How is this ok? This is some bull.

This is hilarious. Do these morons really think twitter activists care enough to buy enough issues of the magazine to compensate for the inevitable hit in sales because of all the people tired of these blatant publicity stunts? The same activists who usually say such magazines are demeaning for women? Do they even care about making a profit any more or it's just about publicity and they don't care if it's good or bad?

3 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

I’m sorry this is fucken hilarious. Are they legit with this? As a person who has Arabic heritage I know what the hijab symbolizes in most Arabic cultures. And I don’t give a shit if someone is making a “choice” to wear it but the hijab has been a sign of female oppression for centuries and they are trying to promote it but also have their own PC feminist agenda? How is this ok? This is some bull.

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

13 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

How the heck is this even making history? More like making a mockery of both SI and what that girls outfit represents :pinch: On one hand you have an outfit that, lets be blunt, comes from areas that suppress women in many ways, not all do, but enough do so to make it something SI should have never touched to begin with! And on the other hand, for those they are trying to target, they are much too conservative and screaming blasphemy to ever pic up this issue :rofl: Desperation is reeking on this issue or else why even dare touch the hijab and burqa? :idk: And on a side note, how many women would HONESTLY even wear such a ridiculous outfit when you're on the beach in and out of the water? :rofl: I'm all for cultural sensitivity and adoption where it's needed, but I'm getting tired of western civilization being held hostage to what just doesn't belong!

This 

2 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

And this

They are loading all of the articles about the locations online: https://www.si.com/swimsuit/subcategory/Destinations and they confirmed the soccer shoot.

“Our time in St. Lucia was a trip to remember! We were lucky enough to get to experience this stunning island with United States Women’s National Team members Alex MorganMegan RapinoeCrystal Dunn and Abby Dahlkemper. With this talented group of women, we spent all four days in St. Lucia shooting on the west side of the island, capturing the beautiful scenery all around us.”

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2019/04/30/marigot-bay-resort-st-lucia-si-swimsuit-2019-destinations

:cain:

https://www.si.com/swim-daily/2019/01/04/halima-aden-si-swimsuit-2019-model-kenya?utm_source=twitter.com&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=si-swimsuit&utm_medium=social

16 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

How the heck is this even making history? More like making a mockery of both SI and what that girls outfit represents :pinch: On one hand you have an outfit that, lets be blunt, comes from areas that suppress women in many ways, not all do, but enough do so to make it something SI should have never touched to begin with! And on the other hand, for those they are trying to target, they are much too conservative and screaming blasphemy to ever pic up this issue :rofl: Desperation is reeking on this issue or else why even dare touch the hijab and burqa? :idk: And on a side note, how many women would HONESTLY even wear such a ridiculous outfit when you're on the beach in and out of the water? :rofl: I'm all for cultural sensitivity and adoption where it's needed, but I'm getting tired of western civilization being held hostage to what just doesn't belong!

I was about to ramble on about all this (because let's face it, that's sad), but you said it all :hi_wft:

20 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Oh and btw. I would be willing to bet copious amounts of money. That the comments on the si ig are now being 100% monitored and censored

Of course they are, and the best thing is that they don't even have to do the job, the platform do it for them, because they've been showing good Karma... :laugh:

Spoiler

On the bright side, there are great photoshoots this year, with Miss Ribeiro and Palvin :angel:

Spoiler

(even if it looks like they inadvertently slipped another magazine's picture in this set, but whatever :rofl:)

If Halima is indeed on the cover, I would bet it’s another year of multiple covers like the year Ashley got the cover. It would make sense- they can cash into the people who want to support the diversity, and still throw a skimpy bikini girl on an alt. cover and appeal to that demographic. 

Does anyone have the list handy of all the confirmed models and locations? This issue is so forgettable to me, I can’t even remember whose back or not. 

34 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

If Halima is indeed on the cover, I would bet it’s another year of multiple covers like the year Ashley got the cover. It would make sense- they can cash into the people who want to support the diversity, and still throw a skimpy bikini girl on an alt. cover and appeal to that demographic. 

Does anyone have the list handy of all the confirmed models and locations? This issue is so forgettable to me, I can’t even remember whose back or not. 

Hopefully this helps...though I don't have locations listed 

EDIT- oops left off the soccer players.  give me a minute 

EDIT 2.0: Fixed and updated 

SI.thumb.JPG.097b30ea507f75cf92a9d9499d8fa7e0.JPG

20 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

SI used to sell issues based on the beauty and sex appeal of their models. Since Mj took over they have resorted to gimmicks and “inclusivity” to try and stay relevant. At what point does the head of the magazine sit back and say this isn’t working.

What the magazine should always be built upon.

Now......