Bellazon

2019 SI Swimsuit

Originally they were trying to sell by the end of June.

I'm old enough to remember Junior Bridgeman as a basketball player (at least later in his career) .  I had no idea the guy had gone on to be a freaking business tycoon, though that's been more in restaurant franchises and beverage distribution.

He's more interested in the sports part than the swimsuit issue.

Bridgeman seems to think the patient can be saved. Moving the magazine’s operations out of New York real estate would cut costs, but Bridgeman said he has not yet thought that far into the future. Neither has he made plans to attend a photo shoot for the popular swimsuit issue.

“Depends on where they do the swimsuit shoots,” he said. “But I’m more excited about Sportsman of the Year.”

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 800-589-3331.

tumblr_inline_n992mjUtbP1rfle2b.gif

You're not missing much, it just says he wants to buy Si because it's an iconic magazine blablabla and they mention SI's social media presence and such. Nothing else

I just hope whoever buys the magazine shows MJ the door, I feel bad for wishing for someone to lose her job but she's horrible at it and she 100% ruined a magazine that used to be so good and so iconic. Now it's a shit show

Only sharing swimsuit related parts: 

“Bridgeman urged to proceed with caution in Sports Illustrated bidding

Junior Bridgeman should consider himself warned. The bidding for Sports Illustrated may have exceeded strategic sense and ventured into vanity publishing.  

Though the number and range of remaining bids has not been made public, Bridgeman acknowledged Sunday that $125 million “would not quite get it done.” Final bids were reportedly due on July 2. The Iowa-based Meredith Corporation may provide more clarity on the status of the sale when it reports quarterly earnings on Friday.

Bridgeman, the former University of Louisville and NBA basketball star who has grown rich through franchise restaurants and a Coca-Cola distributorship, is viewed as the leading suitor by SI insiders. His primary competition is believed to be a group that includes Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, motivational speaker Tony Robbins and Joshua Pollack, chief executive of the Velocity Group.

“One of my friends said maybe they should have a swimsuit edition every week,” Huber said.””

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/08/07/junior-bridgeman-sports-illustrated-bid-price/924943002/?from=new-cookie

• 2 weeks later...