Bellazon

2018 World Cup

Stromboli1

Congrats, France! I think the tournament got a deserving winner. After the beginning, team France made winning look easy. I think it’s very possible that they would have won regardless of who they would have played against.

Of course, luck, coincidences, comebacks etc. are part of the game but it’s nice to have a winner that can pretty safely be said to be the best (or at the very least one of the best.) And the team got tested too, they didn’t get an easy way to the finale but still won games without having to resort to just penalties, set-pieces, extra time etc. From the viewers’ POV, there was one poor game at the stage of the tournament where top 16 teams were selected but even that wasn’t a match that France had to tactically take easy to survive.

Also, it’s great that France won after losing the European championship. I remember thinking that the World Cup could be a do-over for the team and a chance to deservedly win something even bigger that would overshadow the disappointment caused by the loss at home. Griezmann came across as little cocky back in 2016 but now he seemed very sympathetic so it’s great that he got the recognition this time by winning gold.

Mbappe is clearly a new star who rose during this tournament. Another one is probably Eden Hazard. It seems that teams who relied heavily on stars didn’t do so well (Messi/Argentina, Ronaldo/Portugal, Neymar/Brazil, Rodríguez/Colombia, even Cavani/Uruguay). Being a collective unit is very important nowadays. I was a bit sceptical of team France, the first goal celebration seemed a bit odd, but it seems that they genuinely get along as a team.

And thank you Russia, this tournament was a great one! Pouring rain, gold flakes adorning the winners will be memorable images for years to come.

4 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

@Sanni you should like the kits for both countries today. :chicken:

I liked both of the kits of team France very much. The white one might even be my fave of the whole tournament because of how unexpected it is. Looks white but upon closer inspection, the fabric has little red and blue specs.

Generally, I don’t like it if national teams’ kits don’t represent their flags properly e.g. by using one dominating colour and virtually ignoring other colours of their flag.

And the blue shirt and shorts plus red socks combo is so team France that I remember being a bit peeved when another team wore blue and red in a similar fashion.

YES!!! :bellazon:

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

Congrats @Enrico_sw & @jj3! :chicken:

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Congrats @frenchkiki, @jj3 and @Enrico_sw!! :chicken: :chicken: 

54 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Congrats, France!

Thanks! That was a tense match!!!!! The Croatians had a great midfield and they had a lot of fighting in them, so that was not easy at all!

Once again the counter attack strategy worked (and also the team spirit; they really get along together to form a true team, not a pack of individuals)

1 hour ago, frenchkiki said:

I only care about football every 4 years and FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy!

CHAMPIONS DU MONDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well then congrats! :chicken:

Clearly lucky again today, but deserved. Im glad ppl are happy here. Deserved happy time. Football will stay a game in the end, and have to stay that. It wont change our life, but 20 years later, great feeling to get that so much wanted 2nd star. 

Now, who will get Le Ballon d'Or ? Varane ? Griezmann ?