Bellazon

The whole Punk segment was incredibly ugly and IMO the worst segment :ninja:

5 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

I think a lot of people, whether it is subconscious or not, don’t like it when a celebrity/model from a group gets a little extra attention esp. if the celeb/model is not one of their favorites. They suddenly find and notice annoying things about them, even if it is minor, and amplify it. I also think part of them are upset that their favorites is not getting the extra attention.

+1. Also it makes sense to me why VS are promoting Jo so much:

- She's pretty but not in an entirely unattainable way (compared so someone like Sara who is very unique and her look is kind of polarising - you either love it or hate it) --> I think this makes her a good seller for their products

- She isn't controversial and as far as I know hasn't had any slip ups like some other angels

- She fits the nice bubbly fit girl persona they promote to a T (the serious RBF girl doesn't fit the VS brand, at least not anymore)

- Passionate about good causes (lgbt stuff, elephant conservation) but doesn't flood her socials with activism/social justice stuff that can give followers news/compassion fatigue

Aaanyway... I think she puts on a bit of a show for VS because as @Sanni mentioned, her personality is much more mellow in non-VS related things. 

8 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

This is exacly the issue I have with recent vsfs's: the music.

In the first 10 seconds of that video, the upbeat music makes the walks/girls/editing look 100 times better. 

So many segments could have been saved by better music...

I agree, and I know a lot of people said Victoria was really boring with her walk and I'm obviously a fan so I may be a bit biased but I noticed when she walked out the song lost its upbeat beat and she ended up walking to a part of the song that was just too freakin' slow... so maybe her walk actually IS boring but maybe it was the part of the song she got stuck with.

4 hours ago, Linda999 said:

I honestly didn’t think the show was that bad. For me, it was better than 2013 and 2015. I hated those two years. 

My only complaints was too many models and the first segment was kind of choppy trying to fit so many models in. 

Agreed there are way too many models, what's the point?! 

I watched the 2003 show to cleanse my palette and at one point Heidi announces there were 26 models that year. 26. Angels and some others (Naomi) had 3 outfits, and I believe all others had 2. So nice to see everyone at least twice. 

10 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

This is exacly the issue I have with recent vsfs's: the music.

In the first 10 seconds of that video, the upbeat music makes the walks/girls/editing look 100 times better. 

So many segments could have been saved by better music...

I agree but they may have had to work around Katy Perry's absence last minute...

13 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

Badly!

I felt like Romee and Jo were like ummm wtf is this shit now?

I have noticed with Romee she often does make a judgy  "WTF is this and what is going on!?" face. She quickly turns it off when she noticed there are camera around :rofl:

17 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I'm not going to comment on Jo's personality, but I am blown away by how much she pulls and tugs at her face in her routine. :o Girl! That's your money maker. You gotta take better care of your skin.  

Her biggest selling point is her body tho IMO. Romee takes hella good care of her sking tho

12 hours ago, happycanadian2 said:

YES! Except I can't remember my damn password - and beyond that, I can't remember whatever email address I logged into here with in 2004 (which is when I first started posting and created that account ---- way back when this was ChilaX. haha) 

So I had to make a new one. lol. Thanks for remembering though :smile: 

Did you make any attempt to contact the site to resolve the issue? :unsure: You said it yourself, you have been here since 2004 with more than 2,000 I would think you would be aware of our 1 account per person rule :/ BTW, they had the same rule at ChilaX. Anyway, I went ahead and merged your old account w/ your current one so you could keep your updated email address and password without losing any posts. If you ever run into any issues please contact either the staff or email the site: [email protected] :thumbs_up:

2 hours ago, Siemgi said:

I agree but they may have had to work around Katy Perry's absence last minute...

I am pretty sure the lip sync video was going to be a Katy Perry song but b/c she couldn't be there VS had to ditch the idea.

Overall I didn't think the music itself was that bad however they did not go with their respective segments. The only song that fit the segment was PINK other than that they were totally odd choice (as usual). Another exception is the song "Only Angel"---the song just sucks. PERIOD.