Bellazon

10 hours ago, Clauds said:

YESSS!!

I need all gifs of Elsa in the show :rofl: 

The gif god is happy you didnt type Jo's name bc it would take DECADES.

8 hours ago, Sanni said:

Someone check Hamish’s place and computer. Does he worship Josephine? :laugh:

Also, they should never pair Josephine and Jasmine together for any segments. I know they are supposed to be friends in real life but that doesn’t mean that the dynamic will work on-screen. Jasmine just stays quiet and lets Josephine do the talking for the both of them. I would pair Martha and Josephine because Martha can actually take charge and even talks over Josephine so Josephine shuts the hell up and listens.

Im so interested in this.

Altough, I dont think its them who overspeak, its the editors that always choose what Jo says.

10 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Altough, I dont think its them who overspeak, its the editors that always choose what Jo says.

Lmfao I was gonna say this. Everyone hating on Josephine like she chooses to be edited like that. Calm down yo. Obviously VS love her.

I hate myself for comparing but it’s so hard. I saw a video of the first segment of the 2003 show on ig and I was overwhelmed by how strong, beautiful and powerful the models looked and were back then. It wasn’t my first time watching it but it’s still a sharp reminder. I mean you had Alessandra coming out and before you know it Naomi was somewhere behind her, Karolina was coming so was Adriana and Gisele. The line up was outrageous. VS truly has fallen from grace. Those girls were, and are still the biggest models on the planet and it was VS who made them or helped made them. The contrast now and then is staggering! I literally don’t know 95% of the girls this year and the only models they have that are major are Adriana (and she’s a product of the early 2000s). Candice is major too but she’s also from 2009/10. Ale is gone. Taylor Hill is...kinda getting there. That’s it. Kendall, Gigi and Bella are huge but they do not for a second remind me of strength and power. Their trademark is instagram and you can barely see them on the show. Plus they’re not as influential as their socials would have you believe. The show is still taking.

I just want to take a moment to say what an amazing artist Leslie is. I've been listening to "Winter Song" since yesterday, on repeat. It almost makes me cry for how beautiful it is. I don't know if he wrote it, but it's breath-takingly beautiful.

So you did something good for me with this show, VS :rofl:

I think social media is responsible for Jo becoming an Angel. I remember when the NA were revealed, there were so many comments about why Jo wasn't made an Angel and then soon after she became an Angel. So VS is probably focusing so much on Jo, being under the impression they're doing an amaaaazing job because they give the fans what they want but in actuality, Jo is annoying a lot of people by now. VS is late to the game... again. 

2 hours ago, Corner said:

I hate myself for comparing but it’s so hard. I saw a video of the first segment of the 2003 show on ig and I was overwhelmed by how strong, beautiful and powerful the models looked and were back then. It wasn’t my first time watching it but it’s still a sharp reminder. I mean you had Alessandra coming out and before you know it Naomi was somewhere behind her, Karolina was coming so was Adriana and Gisele. The line up was outrageous. VS truly has fallen from grace. Those girls were, and are still the biggest models on the planet and it was VS who made them or helped made them. The contrast now and then is staggering! I literally don’t know 95% of the girls this year and the only models they have that are major are Adriana (and she’s a product of the early 2000s). Candice is major too but she’s also from 2009/10. Ale is gone. Taylor Hill is...kinda getting there. That’s it. Kendall, Gigi and Bella are huge but they do not for a second remind me of strength and power. Their trademark is instagram and you can barely see them on the show. Plus they’re not as influential as their socials would have you believe. The show is still taking.

VS was more exclusive back then just by the fact that only 20+ models got to do the show while the show this year had 55 models (it would have been even 60+ if it wasn't for the visa debacle). I think you also believe the show back then featured more iconic models because some girls like Ale, Adriana and KK turned out to be iconic models but they weren't iconic back then. It's something that comes with time. Some models of this year's show might become iconic later on and then you will look back at this year's show and recognize more faces.   

1 hour ago, VSfan88 said:

VS was more exclusive back then just by the fact that only 20+ models got to do the show while the show this year had 55 models (it would have been even 60+ if it wasn't for the visa debacle). I think you also believe the show back then featured more iconic models because some girls like Ale, Adriana and KK turned out to be iconic models but they weren't iconic back then. It's something that comes with time. Some models of this year's show might become iconic later on and then you will look back at this year's show and recognize more faces.   

Oh yea I forgot the show had fewer models back then. However, by 2003, Naomi was a household name and was as famous as any actress. Gisele basically had the fashion world at her fingertips and was making waves even outside of fashion  and Karolina was dominating literally everything in the fashion industry! She was huge! Heidi and Tyra as we all know were commercially two of the most successful models in the world. Adriana was still building her place in the industry but she had instant face recognition as a VS girl. Ale was right behind her. I can’t remember the other models in the show but most of them were established models who were on the fashion map. That’s the beauty of the 2003 show the models were big at the time and still awestrike you in retrospect.

I simply can’t say the same for the models they have now.

3 hours ago, VSfan88 said:

I think social media is responsible for Jo becoming an Angel. I remember when the NA were revealed, there were so many comments about why Jo wasn't made an Angel and then soon after she became an Angel. So VS is probably focusing so much on Jo, being under the impression they're doing an amaaaazing job because they give the fans what they want but in actuality, Jo is annoying a lot of people by now. VS is late to the game... again. 

Yes she is annoying a lot of ppl including myself they never hyped up candice like this or promoted her ever but jo gets special treatment how is that fair when they never did that Candice who is way better and social media isn't reflecting their sales either 

25 minutes ago, Diorsfashion said:

Yes she is annoying a lot of ppl including myself they never hyped up candice like this or promoted her ever but jo gets special treatment how is that fair when they never did that Candice who is way better and social media isn't reflecting their sales either 

1AB20BE3-9FC0-4DAD-99B0-72C507CC8067.jpeg

2 hours ago, Corner said:

Oh yea I forgot the show had fewer models back then. However, by 2003, Naomi was a household name and was as famous as any actress. Gisele basically had the fashion world at her fingertips and was making waves even outside of fashion  and Karolina was dominating literally everything in the fashion industry! She was huge! Heidi and Tyra as we all know were commercially two of the most successful models in the world. Adriana was still building her place in the industry but she had instant face recognition as a VS girl. Ale was right behind her. I can’t remember the other models in the show but most of them were established models who were on the fashion map. That’s the beauty of the 2003 show the models were big at the time and still awestrike you in retrospect.

I simply can’t say the same for the models they have now.

I so agree with you! The thing about the past shows, a lot of the models were actual supermodels but this concept has kind of been replaced by the instagram/reality TV model who now dominate the fashion industry. I don't think it will be possible to go back to the 2003 type of show for this very reason.

1 hour ago, Diorsfashion said:

Ahmmm they violently promoted Candice which was mildly annoying too BUT the difference is Candice was worth the hype while Josephine wasted all her promotion with her loose swinging hands walk. I bet people wouldn't have complained much if both her walks were good. 

I can't believe I am saying this but I can tollarate peudo sexy slow voice Candice interviews over burst into tears peudo cutesy Josephine interviews.