Bellazon

Ok here’s my rundown of the show if anyone gives a shit. I was never expecting anything good so having super super low expectations makes me lay back, chill and just enjoy it for what it was. 2015 and 2016 I was so disappointed so I took a different approach this time.

Overall it was in line with the past couple of shows. Like everyone said, too much focus on performers, little on the Angels, in between segments that we’ve seen time and time again, horrible concepts and really bad outfit distribution and just way way too many girls.

Those are my negatives. Im not about having the 03-06 shows again. I’m about moving forward and trying something new.

VS really need a creative shake up. Like I understand loyalty and family but you don’t want the product to become stale and old. And VS is becoming that. It felt like between 2010-2014 the brand was booming. And while there are plenty of fans around it just seems to dip and dip, their formula isn’t working for them like it once did and they need to try and figure out how to fix that.

I’m hoping the dip in ratings is going to give them a bit of a kick up the ass. I would change director, editors, designers, stylists etc. Get rid of them all and bring some fresh new talent and blood to the mix. I’m not meaning this in a bad way because I don’t think age should be a reason but everyone behind the scenes at the moment looks to be over 45, their grasp on what’s hot and what’s in isn’t what they think it is. They think only superficially. I want some young blood in there to shake it up a bit. Turn it around and give them something fresh.

Also from a brands perspective all their advertising is through Instagram. They barely update their Facebook or YouTube anymore. The commercials are only 15 seconds long these days whereas before we used to get extended versions. Like other people mentioned the trend of relatable is ridiculous. The post PC world at the moment isn’t about selling sex, glamour and fantasy anymore. It’s all about selling real people, real issues. That’s why all the segments are about where the girls come from and showcasing how sweet and BFF they all are. It’s sweet and cute but VS has lost the sex appeal and it feels like they’re trying to be post modern feminist and girl power. Nothing wrong with that but women can be strong, confidant and still sell sex.

Like I said my idea is for the future. Change it up, make it fresh. Keep us interested. I don’t need the show to necessarily be all about a girl walks down poses and move on. That’s how it used to be it’s ok to show fun and personality. But also sell the fantasy. Show us the girls, show their bodies, don’t cover them up with so much stuff.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:03 AM, Englund said:

No idea why it's just Jo all the time. 

I like her body. 

But, like with Candice, she doesn't have a personality to go with it. 

she speaks like a baby, all sweet and crap. I guess it must work. 

I kinda have to agree with you. I like Jo. Or at least I like her looks. But when you put that with her personality - it just doesn't work very well. I think I'll just continue to 'follow' her only in print (I actually miss her pre-VS days, I liked her more then).

3 minutes ago, frenchkiki said:

The girl who fell :rofl:

The most funny part is when she cries like a 4 years old girl :rofl:

She made my evening.

What's so funny about it? It's sad for her that she fell in front of everyone and she could have seriously hurt herself.

1 hour ago, Kv0802 said:

Random Question. Someone said here that in Goddesses, Sui was Diana. And Aramando said Blanca is Aphrodite. Kinda wondering if you guys know or who do you think the others are supposed to be?

I think some are harder to tell. I know this is the second time you've asked this, but I doubt we'll really know which outfit is inspired by which. But... let me just correct Sui's outfit reference.

Sui's outfit reference should be Selene, which is the equivalent of Diana of Roman Mythology, Selene's Greek.

Sanne Vloet should be Aphrodite, because of her wings. Aphrodite is commonly associated doves as a symbol of love. Don't know why Armando called Blanca.

I think...

Romee could be Hera (Zeus' main wife I think, and since she opened the segment, it would be fitting to think she was the Queen)

Taylor is probably Athena

Vanessa/Kate G's outfit should be... Demeter I guess?

I'd say Blanca was Nike (because of her wings, but her outfit doesn't match).

Some outfits weren't inspired by Greek Goddesses per se. Lais' outfit was just purely the FB and the wings were meant to complement it. The wings were inspired by a random sculpture and not based on any Greek goddesses.