Bellazon

Uh-oh, via LSA:

Victoria secret models sing the N word in “Bodak Yellow”

Video footage of Victoria's Secret models backstage shows many of them appearing to sing along to the n-word in Cardi B's 'Bodak Yellow'. There is only one black model in the room yet the word is clearly audible over the group of women.

The only exception appears to be model Devon Windsor who skips the line entirely.

My review for VSFS 2017 can be summed up like this. 

Usually I watch the show first with the utmost concentration (even 2015) and then re-watch it again and then maybe re rewatch my favourite parts but this year I barely could get myself to watch it till the end. I haven't watch it again at all till now and I am guessing I barely watched the goddess segment past Lais's exit because I can't recall anything after it. 

I am over it, Ale left good for her. VS doesn't deserve her time. Adriana should leave too it's just not prestigious anymore. 

Ok my thoughts ....

The Blanca hype is real. She really does have the vs magic which is missing ....

Ming breaking down once she left the ramp was sad to watch. Lily consoling her was such a tender moment, not her fan but no wonder she has so many fan following. Also,lily did great this year. 

I loved the pianist, the music was truly the highlight for me. All of them did a good job. 

Nadine is such a cutie. 

Georgia deserved a second outfit. The girl makes it look easy to walk down the runway ...

Candice opening slayed. 

Elsa, Stella, Jas, Romee barely got any attention. 

Bruna looked lovely and she redeamed herself this year. 

Adriana is classic. She will never disappoint me. 

I don't know how ! But in a sea of Martha hate I just can't find myself thinking maybe she just walks bad. I loved her walk .... I love her personality so maybe it's just my thing. 

Romee always serves it on the runway. 

Grace Bol stood out. So did Aiden. 

Sara's opening looked lovely, she has a great walk so i sort of knew she will rock the outfit in motion, but the wings are just really bad to photograph good so Sara can't be blamed. 

Grace E is lovely as usual. I loved Alana as well for pink. 

My favourite segment was a winter's tale and I have w my reasons ! 

My least favourite segment was Goddess e because I can't recall it right now. This might change once I rewatched it when I have some time. 

But am I the only who miss the old shows where we had have the possibility to see all the angels in the intro, in series one after another, with name while they was in front of the mirror or getting ready for the show? I mean, I like see the cities and all that stuff, but I'm here to see the angels, all of that. And speaking of that, I love Jo, really I do, but I found annoying the way they put her in the first place. Stop it. I hate her now! I wanna see more Elsa, more Sara, more Candy, more everything. And.. why not? More Stella. 

I didn't like the show. Not at all. 

Oh. And wtf was that segment or what about kung fu? Obviously with Jo.
Nope.

P.S. I loved Grace. 

2 minutes ago, lovesparks said:

But am I the only who miss the old shows where we had have the possibility to see all the angels in the intro, in series one after another, with name while they was in front of the mirror or getting ready for the show? I mean, I like see the cities and all that stuff, but I'm here to see the angels, all of that. And speaking of that, I love Jo, really I do, but I found annoying the way they put her in the first place. Stop it. I hate her now! I wanna see more Elsa, more Sara, more Candy, more everything. And.. why not? More Stella. 

I didn't like the show. Not at all. 

Amen!

I miss those intros with the angels name's and the music. Plus I miss when there were less models so we could actually see the outfits!

1 hour ago, bananana said:

Just curious: how old r you guys? I'm 19

The opening Shanghai intro was the only way you’d know they were in another country just by watching the show.

The editing is what always causes the biggest issue. I think most people would look at it differently if not for that aspect of it. A lot of the outfits were decent minus maybe some of the accessorizing choices made.

I don't think I heard a thing from Ale or Adriana. Jasmine was just there to nod along whenever Jo said anything.

Stella's entire speech this show: "Hum, hum" right after Martha spewed some of the usual BS about how VS helped her in getting her medicine degree. In the Arctic. 

I just made time to watch the show and before I say anything more, I just want to say that, VS didn’t do Ale dirty as much as people on here made it out to be. It was really clear that it was her last show and it was mentioned several times. I was really surprised about how many times her leaving was referenced. They even said that it was her last walk when she was closing the segment. Sure it would have been nice to give her a segment or not change the order of the segments so she would close the show but we all know VS never really went all out with Ale. Tbh I don’t have any problems with how they handled her departure now that I’ve watched the show.

Also, why were people hyping Candice’s opening? It was so normal? Her 2013 opening imo is far better and energetic. The only difference is, they actually got the editing right this time.

You guys, Ming’s fall broke my heart so much. I had to take a moment. The model that helped her up is such a fucking professional, I honestly wouldn’t have known what to do. She really was gracious. I respect Ming for keeping the smile on her face and making her way to the end of the runway. Lily also comforting her made me tear up. I couldn’t take it when I saw her crying. VS shouldn’t have focused on the fall so much and at such an unflattering angle. I love what Leslie had to say about it and how everyone involved was so supportive and professional. It really broke my heart.

That was the only part of the show that really captivated me. I guess the music was cool and I’ve long since gave up on their editing skills. Just enjoy the music and the girls. We’re not going to see their catwalks.VS is never going to be as magical as it once was and I think someone mentioned telling the girls to be relatable was the death of the show. Humans indeed want fantasy. We just do. I want to see something that will mesmerize me, not what reminds me of a college girl. I’ve made my peace with the fact that the show has gone downhill and VS is too blind to see that they need to let the old farts making these stupid decisions go.

Josephine seems like such a lovely girl but damn after watching the show, I see what y’all were talking about her walk. Nagl. Those wings brought her down! I’m also always amazed by how her face looks perpetually poofy. Girl looks too old for her age and I sincerely don’t see the fascination VS sees in her. I just don’t. She’s great but come on. They can’t seriously be serious about her being the new IT girl.

Taylor Hill is so lifeless on the runway. I see that hasn’t changed.

About Adriana being VS, that obviously isn’t accurate, never was. VS has never been built around one model. The whole thing they’re trying to sell is the Angels, not one individual model. They dropped Gisele like a hot potato when she asked for more money and it didn’t hurt them one bit. Heidi and Tyra’s departure didn’t make a difference so why should Adriana’s? I mean, I understand that she literally has no competition (the only one she has is Candice and that’s even a far cry) so I can see why people still put her on such high pedestals. The new angels are doing well but I mean, they just can’t skyrocket to superstardom for some reason. I don’t blame them, some people just glide through life and Adriana is just one of those people. She’s always been the angel the tried the least yet still she remains the crowd pleaser. The only pic she posted on the day of the show got 1.1 million likes, that’s like beyond what the others gathered and the pic isn’t even that good :ninja:. The draw of audience she brings for the brand is undisputed so that’s why I’ll never dismiss people who just can’t see VS without her. When Heidi was in her 30s, no one was checking for her. People are still crazy about Adriana more than the rest no matter how much VS tries to change the conversation.

I think the reason the NAs haven’t reached even Candice level yet is because none of them can do fierce runway, sexy commercials, and stand out in print. Adriana, Alessandra, Candice, Gisele etc could do all three.. the NAs are all somewhat missing a component. I think that’s why there is so many of them lol. 

1 hour ago, Corner said:

I just made time to watch the show and before I say anything more, I just want to say that, VS didn’t do Ale dirty as much as people on here made it out to be. It was really clear that it was her last show and it was mentioned several times. I was really surprised about how many times her leaving was referenced. They even said that it was her last walk when she was closing the segment. Sure it would have been nice to give her a segment or not change the order of the segments so she would close the show but we all know VS never really went all out with Ale. Tbh I don’t have any problems with how they handled her departure now that I’ve watched the show.

Also, why were people hyping Candice’s opening? It was so normal? Her 2013 opening imo is far better and energetic. The only difference is, they actually got the editing right this time.

You guys, Ming’s fall broke my heart so much. I had to take a moment. The model that helped her up is such a fucking professional, I honestly wouldn’t have known what to do. She really was gracious. I respect Ming for keeping the smile on her face and making her way to the end of the runway. Lily also comforting her made me tear up. I couldn’t take it when I saw her crying. VS shouldn’t have focused on the fall so much and at such an unflattering angle. I love what Leslie had to say about it and how everyone involved was so supportive and professional. It really broke my heart.

That was the only part of the show that really captivated me. I guess the music was cool and I’ve long since gave up on their editing skills. Just enjoy the music and the girls. We’re not going to see their catwalks.VS is never going to be as magical as it once was and I think someone mentioned telling the girls to be relatable was the death of the show. Humans indeed want fantasy. We just do. I want to see something that will mesmerize me, not what reminds me of a college girl. I’ve made my peace with the fact that the show has gone downhill and VS is too blind to see that they need to let the old farts making these stupid decisions go.

Josephine seems like such a lovely girl but damn after watching the show, I see what y’all were talking about her walk. Nagl. Those wings brought her down! I’m also always amazed by how her face looks perpetually poofy. Girl looks too old for her age and I sincerely don’t see the fascination VS sees in her. I just don’t. She’s great but come on. They can’t seriously be serious about her being the new IT girl.

Taylor Hill is so lifeless on the runway. I see that hasn’t changed.

About Adriana being VS, that obviously isn’t accurate, never was. VS has never been built around one model. The whole thing they’re trying to sell is the Angels, not one individual model. They dropped Gisele like a hot potato when she asked for more money and it didn’t hurt them one bit. Heidi and Tyra’s departure didn’t make a difference so why should Adriana’s? I mean, I understand that she literally has no competition (the only one she has is Candice and that’s even a far cry) so I can see why people still put her on such high pedestals. The new angels are doing well but I mean, they just can’t skyrocket to superstardom for some reason. I don’t blame them, some people just glide through life and Adriana is just one of those people. She’s always been the angel the tried the least yet still she remains the crowd pleaser. The only pic she posted on the day of the show got 1.1 million likes, that’s like beyond what the others gathered and the pic isn’t even that good :ninja:. The draw of audience she brings for the brand is undisputed so that’s why I’ll never dismiss people who just can’t see VS without her. When Heidi was in her 30s, no one was checking for her. People are still crazy about Adriana more than the rest no matter how much VS tries to change the conversation.

Because its Candice. And thats what her fans do. I am sure if her opening was great enough it would have been more popular on social media. It only was with HER fans and their accounts or VS fans accounts because she IS a VS favorite. I still say 2013 was her best, the editing from VS saved her this year... but some VS fans will never admit it. Even with the saving though she didn't get as much general recognition.