Bellazon

On 11/24/2017 at 1:20 AM, china_girl said:

DUUUUUUUDE. The guy at 0:19 says "this is our eigth VSFS". So hes one in the costume team that started working 2009.. hes part of the problem.

This is the most I’ve seen of Alessandra Ambrosio in any VS video. She’s so dang cute on the runway! Why did they f*ck it up with her?

A lot of outfits that were given to non-Angels should have been given to the actual Angels. I felt there were a ton of outfits prettier than what the Angels received; from wings, to accessories, to even headpieces.

And can they go back to making the wings looks like actual wings, instead of walking floats? Tired of every little thing being called a wing when it’s just a backpack or a piece of string (I’m exaggerating).

21 minutes ago, SamSam said:

A lot of outfits that were given to non-Angels should have been given to the actual Angels. I felt there were a ton of outfits prettier than what the Angels received; from wings, to accessories, to even headpieces.

And can they go back to making the wings looks like actual wings, instead of walking floats? Tired of every little thing being called a wing when it’s just a backpack or a piece of string (I’m exaggerating).

+10000000000. An Angel should've gotten Dilone/Gigi's Goddess outfit, Grace E./Gigi Punk Angels outfit and so forth. It makes me upset that so many Angels got shitty looks while models who have only been in the show for a year or two max got some of the BEST looks BS created in years! the way I see it, you might as well change your whole Angel lineup if you're just gonna make their outfits bland and boring (Lais  :heart: and Taylor excluded from my rant since they got the best outfits). :Amelie_wft: 

26 minutes ago, SamSam said:

COULDNT. AGREE. MORE. I have a feeling Sophia and the rest of them actually think the outfits they give to the Angels are the best ones in the entire show... which was true then but couldn't be further from the truth now. Sara and Martha especially tend to get the absolute WORST outfits whereas nonangels and certain angels i.e. Romee, Candice (Lily A too but she doesn't really count because she requests to change outfits occasionally) get beautiful ones.

Long time lurker here finally joining in. Thank you all for the great work you put to this thread. No one in my life understands my VS fandom, so this forum has become my holy grail :p Here are my random first thoughts about the show and VS overall:

-So disappointed that this years show doesn't contain any mixtapes. The previous two shows have been disappointing but at least I liked both the Road Ahead and Boho Psychedelic's opening music

-Miguel's song in Nomadic just doesn't fit the theme at all. And the more I look at photos of the Nomadic outfits, the more I want Sophia to pack her bags and leave. Enough with these "wings" every other girl is wearing. I'm also wondering if they switched the order of Punk and Nomadic last moment because they finally realized how opening with Nomadic would only highlight the fact that it's just a lazy sequel of the Road Ahead opening from last year

-I'm starting to like Romee, it seems she really killed it this year. Stella looks like she wants to cry in that Porcelain outfit. Speaking of that, I had to double check was it in the Porcelain or Winter's tale because I'm mixing up these segments all the time. I also wonder why they didn't mention much about this years themes on the road to the runway episodes so far. Maybe because even they knew that the show might turn out to be a mess :dry:

-I really hope they don't make the show worse with editing like last year. Jumping from the runway to backstage every two seconds and not even showing the models' walks properly. I usually like to rewatch even the worst shows many times but with 2016 I just don't bother. The editing gives me a headache

-As someone who has never had a chance to visit a VS store, for many years these shows were making me dream about some day being able to splurge all my money on that gorgeous lingerie. Those days are gone for sure and it's definitely not because of growing out from my most intense VS fandom phase, but it has everything to do with how the show has lost all its glamour and sex appeal. It will never be like 2005 again, but at least bring back the atmosphere of segments like Circus and Parisian Nights

Yup. I hate the new “wing” designs that we’ve gotten in the past few years. Theyre just so lazy and uncreative. Some examples:

1. Having a board strapped into the girls back. Think Elsas 2014 Pink, Josephines Punk, and Karlie’s Circus

2. A bunch of wires with bullshit attached at the end. Like Lilys Firework, Josephines Mountain Romance, and Saras Winters Tale.

5 hours ago, SamSam said:

I’m not. Tired of the likes of Romee saying she has beautiful wings when it’s just a glorified ugly raised train.

15 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

I was going to ignore this but a big part of me couldn’t because I just find it wrong. These girls all look different, they don’t look the same. Please don’t say this kind of bs that the white blonde girls are replicated and all look the same. Because if it were this picture and someone said they all look the same there would be racism being shouted and fights between people and what not. I love that VS are more diverse but don’t bring down other girls in the process.

28377AD0-A5BA-44CC-A024-AE5F3A42262B.thumb.jpeg.b3421696ccdc4acd3792b1bcab67ca00.jpeg

Eh, the difference is that those black women look nothing alike. Maybe the two on the end do, but all three of them posing together does not have the same effect as the photo I previously posted. As a black woman, I would understand that type of comment about these women if they were at least all the same skin tone. But they're not even that, they're very easy to differentiate between even if you don't know their names or who they are, you most likely wouldn't confuse one for the other. Can you honestly say the same about the three women beside Devon? If you didn't actually know their names, who they are as models and invidiuals, etc. and just saw that photo of them? I personally couldn't. And I know that's a common criticism VS gets, so I'm certainly not alone in that thinking. It has nothing to do with bringing another model down, no one is saying anything negative about them. They're beautiful women... they just happen to look extremely similar to one another and that's not their fault. That's just a poor reflection of VS to not expand their horizons when they hire/style women in recent years.  

And I think the "beauty standards" argument others were making is a weak one. They've changed their beauty standards before, they can change them again. It's definitely possible to maintain a certain standard without choosing handfuls of girls that can easily appear that similar to each other.