Bellazon

^ They were well-aware of the potential backlash and yet they did it anyways which makes me think it was intentional. Why? Not sure but I am sure they had their reasons. Whether the reasons were "good" or "bad" is debatable. Either way they are getting extra buzz and as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Oh please, this is complete and utter bullshit.

I mean if the tribal accessories were their main complaint, I would kind of get it (although this political correctness nonsense is going way too far lately).

But this little feathered thingy on Nadine's head? Come on... How on earth does that resemble an indigenous headdress?

The segment wasn't even native-american inspired but was based on Lapland.

If they're gonna blow things out of proportion, they should do their research first.

Ugh I hate those people that are offended by the smallest things. It's like....This is our chance to let our oversensitivity and political correctness bullshit into the world, let's not miss it.

If they're gonna cut Nadine's outfit from the broadcast, I'm gonna be pissed. She deserves every second of airtime.

1 hour ago, Kevork89 said:

I’m happy about these articles because this is what I was hoping for so they stop doing these shit cultural segments and VS stop giving Sophia the reigns.

I am pretty sure Sophia is the culprit behind all this :rofl: I personally think these "culture" segments are lame not so much b/c of sensitivity reasons but b/c they are often lazy, half-assed and "easy" ideas. The whole concept lacks creativity if you think about it. There are so many themes out there that are not ethnic or non-western culture base. I think it is Sophia's VS' attempt to be "inclusive" but it is usually a disaster and subpar. Or like I said they are doing it on purpose to create buzz around the show. People, including us, are talking about it ;) They honestly need to stop making things so complicated and just keep it simple :thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Kevork89 said:

I’m happy about these articles because this is what I was hoping for so they stop doing these shit cultural segments and VS stop giving Sophia the reigns.

I'm with you on this. I want her out of VS.

btw, that preview video is just tragic. Let's just hope this won't be the all around final editing because it's messy as fuck.

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

I am pretty sure Sophia is the culprit behind all this :rofl: I personally think these "culture" segments are lame not so much b/c of sensitivity reasons but b/c they are often lazy, half-assed and "easy" ideas. The whole concept lacks creativity if you think about it. There are so many themes out there that are not ethnic or non-western culture base. I think it is Sophia's VS' attempt to be "inclusive" but it is usually a disaster and subpar. Or like I said they are doing it on purpose to create buzz around the show. People, including us, are talking about it ;) They honestly need to stop making things so complicated and just keep it simple :thumbs_up:

Agreed. I’m not triggered by the concepts just the lack of creativity. That’s why I want them to get bad press because I hope it’ll make them change their decisions with these tired segments. Just send lingerie down with wings and the girls dripping in diamonds and we are happy lol.

I might be playing the devil's advocate but I hope Sophia stays until she redeems herself. I don't want another Todd Thomas/Charlotte designer coming back in to VS so all the white models get the good outfits whilst women of color get the horrible ones. 

Dunno if Sophia has it in her to do anything but nomadic/adventure/exotic/traveller sort of stuff. Routinely, I come up with other themes in my head. It’s hust getting really tired. I get rehashing themes but not year after year. Give it 5-6 years and do an alternative fresh rehash and I wouldn’t be as critical. 

Makes me want to dream up my own show and put it down on paper.

16 hours ago, willmccarthy said:

Why are so many LQ images being released and posted? It isn't 2004

Because neither myself or anyone else feels this overwhelming desire to pull any more HQ. If you'd like HQ's by all means, get yourself an HQ account with Getty/Wireimage/Corbis/Rex ect and have at it.