Bellazon

4 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Why must you insult Tomorrowland like that!? :dry: Then again the whole genre is going down the toilet b/c of all these talentless bullshit wannabes. The fact Martin Garixx is DJ Mag's #1 of 2017 proves it :rofl:

hey, Martin Garrix's collabs with Bebe Rexha, Dua Lipa and Troye Sivan are perfect

I was bored so I was looking through posts from one of the "insiders" who has conveniently not posted in this thread the at all this month. Here are some highlights about what we should have  expected in the show this year (some parts of the comments were deleted to keep this one from being a novel):

- we WILL be having a bridal segment this year according to my friend's aunt and I saw three looks from that segment. It's very whimsical, ethereal and really reminiscent of the old VS. One look from the segment has these absolutely gorgeous heart shaped wings, the wing design is much more unique and 3D? if that makes sense. The Swarovski wings will also be in this segment as well, while the Swarovski outfit (most likely worn by Karlie) will be featured in the different segment.

- (Re: The fan made list of segments in which only one was actually true) - my cousin's aunt confirmed that it was 80% true so I'm assuming those WILL and the segments but most likely with different names

- So my friend's aunt lied to me about the segments to throw me off and pretty much confirmed that the rumored segments are 80% real....:/ so no vixen, all black segment this year (thank god!) she gave me only one real segment which is PINK since it is beach themed haha

- MY BEST FRIEND'S AUNT CONFIRMED THAT THEY WILL BE RELEASING THE SKETCHES EARLY! POSSIBLY BY NEXT WEEK (MONDAY) OR THE FOLLOWING  (this was in August. Do we even have any sketches now?}

-  found out that what she meant by both the LED and the glitter runway being used is that it will be like the 2006 runway, all glitter but the outline will be all LED lights that light up still getting more info you guys!

Just a reminder to take everything with a grain of salt when random posters start spewing information claiming they have inside sources :flower:

54 minutes ago, uberglasses said:

When did they make that change? I loved the years where they bedazzled the bras/made outfits specifically for the show, not just layered the underwear like you said. 

They're sending too much money outsourcing layering pieces to be decorated when the lingerie itself needs to be.

2013 onwards is when it started. Coincidentally was the first year the show was without Todd Thomas.

2 minutes ago, ilum said:

@GlitterAndWings my friend was telling me before that people just don't really care anymore about the VS fashion show and maybe that's why it took so long for someone to say something

Probably has a lot to do with all the issues they faced as well? Not enough press got to attend and cover the event? 

On 11/20/2017 at 9:50 AM, Prettyphile said:

Favorite Outfits

Least Favorite Outfits

Best Segment

Worst Segment...

go go go go....

Imma gonna watch the show then come  back to these I think.  Or,  at least  I'll post when I catch back up to this post. 

On 11/20/2017 at 8:12 AM, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

So now that the show is pretty much over, any fave segments, looks and wings of the night? :smile: my fave segments are Punk and Goddesses, my fave wings are Sanne in Goddesses and Ming, Karlie and Martha in Porcelain. Overall best look of the show has to be Lais in Goddesses and I also really looooved Amilna's look in Nomadic. 

Like I said on Pretty's  post...
I'm gonna wait until I see the show, or catch up to the post, which ever comes first.:hi_wft:

I hate that Alessandra Ambrosio is leaving Victoria’s Secret. I enjoyed the exposure she received from the brand, although she hardly worked for them the last few years. Her presence on the VSFS was unmatched. She had a cute way of making herself memorable, even if the outfit she was granted was mediocre. She will definitely be missed!

Here are some of her best moments with VS that I can recall:

Started off being a “Fit Model” &

walking in her first VSFS - 2000

First pair of wings - 2001

Participated in the “Angels Across America” tour - 2004

Received her Angel contract - 2004

First ever brand ambassador for PINK - 2004

First segment Closing in “Rome Antique” - 2007

Participated in receiving VS’s “Hollywood Walk of Fame” Star - 2007

First segment Opening in “The Modern” - 2008

First VSFS Opening - 2009

Wearing the first ever Swarovski Outfit while garnering the heaviest wings ever in “Passion” - 2011

Floral Fantasy Bra - 2012

Dream Angels Fantasy Bra - 2014

Swarovski Wings in “Portrait of an Angel” - 2015

First VSFS Closing, while wearing her 2nd pair of Swarovski Wings in “Nomadic Adventure” - 2017

*Film & T.V. appearances aren’t included

(Add or correct me if you find that I am wrong or if I’m missing any key moments in Ale’s VS career).

On 11/20/2017 at 10:43 AM, clubparadise said:

Poor Ming :D:heart:

I agree.....  though I know it  was a grimace, she did keep  smiling through the whole thing...and what Gizele  and Karlie did was awesome. Helping her up and adjust everything,  then let her finish the walk.... That was class.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:55 AM, naomi said:

Not sure but he was a performer:

Miguel+Li+Yundi+2017+Victoria+Secret+Fas 

(next to Miguel and Ale)

His name is Yundi Li, a pretty well known pianist in the classical world. I've attended one of his recitals, and boy oh boy he's really good at it. He won the prestigious Chopin contest way back 2000. He's a pride of China, since the said competition is held every 5 years. I'm a Chopin enthusiast and a trained classical pianist too, so I'm really happy for him take part in VSFS this year.