Bellazon

That sucks for the girls... I hope VS will take that as a lessons and won't go all the way outside the US to make their show. Doing it abroad is so useless since they don't do promo in the place + don't do theme about the culture + don't take advantage of the city. Nothing screamed "Grand Palais" to me last year when watching.

2 minutes ago, diamondtw said:

That sucks for the girls... I hope VS will take that as a lessons and won't go all the way outside the US to make their show. Doing it abroad is so useless since they don't do promo in the place + don't do theme about the culture + don't take advantage of the city. Nothing screamed "Grand Palais" to me last year when watching.

The Russians not getting to walk has nothing to do with Shanghai. If you talked about Grand Palais, that's fine. VS is a major brand in Europe and The States anyway. But Asia? That's a whole new place for VS to cash in. Expansion was going to happen either way. You can't say just because the Russians aren't walking that having the show in Shanghai is wrong.

I agree about Grand Palais but Shanghai is a whole different matter. It's not like VS has shown to do better if the show was in NYC, take 2015 as an example. 

2 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

The Russians not getting to walk has nothing to do with Shanghai. If you talked about Grand Palais, that's fine. VS is a major brand in Europe and The States anyway. But Asia? That's a whole new place for VS to cash in. Expansion was going to happen either way. You can't say just because the Russians aren't walking that having the show in Shanghai is wrong.

I agree about Grand Palais but Shanghai is a whole different matter. It's not like VS has shown to do better if the show was in NYC, take 2015 as an example. 

Everyone knows that Russia/China is a bit of a conflict. When it was announced the show would be held in Shanghai, people on BZ started way back talking about how some models will might not get their VISA. And that's why the process started so earlier this year. VS is not that major in Europe. They don't even have a proper store in Paris ! They are big in the UK and are popular in Italy and Spain but that's it. Lingerie in Europe is all about Calzedonia and Etam.

I'm just saying that it's a bummer for the models who work their asses all year to get the show to be rejected a few days before due to VISA. If the show was held in South Africa, Mexico, Lisbon or idk and they were VISA problems I would have said the exact same thing. I don't get why VS are doing the show abroad since they never take advantage of the city they are in. They should stick to NYC and have their girls walk because they have their US VISA and it would cost less money. I don't think that the fact that the show is in Paris, London or Shanghai will do better ratings or a better fashion show. You could just take the whole and put it anywhere, the show would be the same. The venue is useless at this point.

10 minutes ago, diamondtw said:

Everyone knows that Russia/China is a bit of a conflict. When it was announced the show would be held in Shanghai, people on BZ started way back talking about how some models will might not get their VISA. And that's why the process started so earlier this year. VS is not that major in Europe. They don't even have a proper store in Paris ! They are big in the UK and are popular in Italy and Spain but that's it. Lingerie in Europe is all about Calzedonia and Etam.

I'm just saying that it's a bummer for the models who work their asses all year to get the show to be rejected a few days before due to VISA. If the show was held in South Africa, Mexico, Lisbon or idk and they were VISA problems I would have said the exact same thing. I don't get why VS are doing the show abroad since they never take advantage of the city they are in. They should stick to NYC and have their girls walk because they have their US VISA and it would cost less money. I don't think that the fact that the show is in Paris, London or Shanghai will do better ratings or a better fashion show. You could just take the whole and put it anywhere, the show would be the same. The venue is useless at this point.

+1