Bellazon

10 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Liu is the biggest name there is in China alone in the modeling industry. If Gisele, Tyra, Naomi were the supermodels of the West, Liu, Du Juan and Sun Fei Fei were the supermodels of the east. Liu's face is everywhere you go and she's still a fashion icon in China. I think people like and recognize her so easily because she's a representation how ethnic Chinese people can look and seeing her walk in HF and VSFS is a huge barrier smash(?) to the beauty standards in fashion. She's the only fashion face that is consistent in doing fashion work instead of branching out to entertainment/media. 

That aside, it's also because Liu is the most liked supermodel in China. Going by Weibo follower counts alone, she's got 19 million followers while Ming and Sui have 5 & 4 millions respectively. People know Sui purely from the fact she's the second Asian supermodel to walk after Liu but the first to achieve the longest VS walk history for Asians. But she's got the largest hate group in China for not being ethnic looking enough and is sometimes seen as the nepo girl for the reason that VS dotes on her. Her nickname has always been "VS' favorite (asian) daughter". The fact that she strayed away from HF and has not been consistent with it has sort of cemented her as just another face in the modeling industry that gets a free pass during VS casting and the only thing that keeps her name afloat is because 4 million followers talk about on her social media. Ming is on the steady rise to being a supermodel but I think she hasn't proven herself enough yet. People are on the fence with her but the western audience seems to love her a lot.

The rest can pretty much fuck off. Xiao, Estelle & Xin Xie are nobodies in the game. TL;DR, Liu is famous, everyone else is not. So yes, nobody gives two shits about the rest but Liu. 

10 hours ago, jayden85qc said:

Nope, Cara is huge in Asia. Cara, Bella and Gigi are huge in the Philippines. They even are ambassadors to competing local brands in Manila and have lots of billboards there.

Liu and Sui are only popular in China.

For me, Cara, Bella, Gigi, Adriana and Candice are popular in Asia (not just China)

Thank you all for the explanations. :smile:  btw, kinda shocked that Sui has haters... she looks so adorable. I get the preference for an ethnic look tho

Episode 6 is fittings so will probably  be uploaded right next Monday and by this time the 2nd taping of the the show will be wrapped up in Shanghai time zone 

so yup good job to them for being able to keep the outfits secret lol

Oh nvm we see Jas outfit hope we see a few more this week !

Edited by loh_keeh

55 minutes ago, Alexis10 said:

If this is real I’m going to guess....Taylor Swift, Harry Styles....last one might be the chinese Artist so maybe Chris Lee or Kris Wu. ????

How legit is the source? I agree, the last one is most likely a Chinese artist. I can’t imagine China letting them do a show there without having at least one Chinese artist. Could be  either Chris or Kris——I think it is the latter.

Where did that picture of alleged performers come up? :rofl: Like Pinky said, there is just no way in hell they won't have a single Chinese/Asian performer who will most likely do Pink tbh. There's just no way they won't have a single local performing