Bellazon

22 hours ago, freevsangel said:

I was watching the making of Video and Nadine looked the best for me (body+runway=winwin). Roos was a miss... I mean her body is gorgeous but her walk need a little help. And I was so excited about Vanessa Moody but her walk yikes, not good at all.

As and WHY IN EARTH THEY CHOOSED SO MANY MODELS, IT WAS NOT NECESSARY

I don’t particularly like her, her walk is terrible, her body is meh and she is always with that  cynical face. She can’t smile and her VS pictures looks all the same.

Nadine looks perfect and her walk is getting better 

@AngelAshley94

What does their race have to do with it?

If I said they cast so many black "OK" filler models this year that's it's borderline embarrassing my ass would be torn a new one, so why is it alright to say " They cast so many white "OK" filler models this year that it's borderline embarrassing." 

Maybe next time you can phrase it as. "They cast so many filler models this year." :Amelie_wft:

Megan Williams :PinkCouture2:

Vanessa Moody :PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2:

Victoria Lee :PinkCouture2:

Julia Belyakova :PinkCouture2:

1 minute ago, Prettyphile said:

@AngelAshley94

What does their race have to do with it?

If I said they cast so many black "OK" filler models this year that's it's borderline embarrassing my ass would be torn a new one, so why is it alright to say " They cast so many white "OK" filler models this year that it's borderline embarrassing." 

Maybe next time you can phrase it as. "They cast so many filler models this year." :Amelie_wft:

Umm because every year since 2013 they've been casting the same bland, basic white models who usually resemble each other and lack individuality who are mediocre at best and disregard better models of color who have the appeal, look and better walks in general? simple as that sweetie :smoker:

IMG_8593.GIF

2 minutes ago, everyboulevard said:

Walks mean nothing to VS. FFS we have Lily Aldridge trying to walk like a duck down the runway every year. If I were a duck, I'd be insulted. 

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll let Lily slide because she really improved herself over the years (I think by the 2013 show, her walk really wowed me).

And if I said - 

Umm because every year since 2013 they've been casting the same bland, basic black models who usually resemble each other and lack individuality who are mediocre at best and disregard better models who are Caucasian and have the appeal, look and better walks in general? simple as that sweetie :smoker:

See, goes both ways Pumpkin :smile: 

I guess I'm questioning what happened to  we are all human beings, regardless of race, creed or color? Guess that doesn't apply to all people because there are those who just want to have their cake and eat it too. 

Just now, Prettyphile said:

And if I said - 

Umm because every year since 2013 they've been casting the same bland, basic black models who usually resemble each other and lack individuality who are mediocre at best and disregard better models who are Caucasian and have the appeal, look and better walks in general? simple as that sweetie :smoker:

See, goes both ways Pumpkin :smile: 

I guess I'm questioning what happened to  we are all human beings, regardless of race, creed or color? Guess that doesn't apply to all people because there are those who just want to have their cake and eat it too. 

Well clearly that's not the case because with the exception of Zuri Tibby (who is OK), literally all the models of color casted this year have better walks, personalities and overall better appeal than the mediocre filler models :rofl: which is why, other than the Angels, they're the ones always trending on social media every year so "let them eat cake" honey.

IMG_8594.GIF

It's so funny how some of you like to pretend that race doesn't play a HUGE fucking part in the fashion and modeling industry when that's all black models and Asian models have been outspoken about since the very foundation of their careers, being denied jobs and shows and stylists refusing to do their hair or makeup simply because of their race. So I'll stop bringing "race" into it when you stop saying "we already have one black/Asian girl, you can go home. We don't need you." :cain:

*sidnote, nonetheless I'm very satisfied this will be the most diverse VS Fashion Show yet, so the filler models will literally just mend into the background like usual and get overshadowed by the Angels and better models in general like every year :rofl: lmaooo 

14 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

It's so funny how some of you like to pretend that race doesn't play a HUGE fucking part in the fashion and modeling industry when that's all black models and Asian models have been outspoken about since the very foundation of their careers, being denied jobs and shows and stylists refusing to do their hair or makeup simply because of their race. So I'll stop bringing "race" into it when you stop saying "we already have one black/Asian girl, you can go home. We don't need you." :cain:

*sidnote, nonetheless I'm very satisfied this will be the most diverse VS Fashion Show yet, so the filler models will literally just mend into the background like usual and get overshadowed by the Angels and better models in general like every year :rofl: lmaooo 

slay mamma

On the topic of filler models, and not related to race...

I just wanna say, VS messed up big time for not casting Shu Pei for the show. Regardless of reasons like whether she didn't fit the clients' needs or that her walk/body wasn't on point, VS really ought to have let her, Chong He & Luping walk. 

They're using her to promote RttR and I'd imagine if it weren't for her, the search wouldn't be as impactful anyway. Depending on Ming alone definitely isn't influential enough and Shu Pei was there at the right moment to save the search. Shame on VS really, and they even used her casting recording. I know she probably gets paid for the show itself, but a bigger much more meaningful thanks would be letting her walk the show, IN HER MOTHERLAND. 

I honestly don't mind seeing a few less Caucasian faces for a few more Asians. And I'm not going to say exclude black models because the show is expanding to South Africa next year I suppose. 

@AngelAshley94

I don't pay attention to what others say, nor do I care about what's going on in the modeling world to be honest. The models are simply nothing more than a nice thing to look at via pictures, or video, and the outfits on the runway are hilarious often times and who doesn't want a free lol. And the reason I don't pay attention to the fashion industry and what it does or doesn't do is because it doesn't pay my bills.
 Maybe you care about it more than I do, and good for you, but just because there is a division in the industry doesn't mean you need to bring that to BZ... who btw if you hadn't noticed has nothing to do with what's going on in the fashion industry. We're just a group of people from all over the world who have a couple things in common. Race conversations on the forum just doesn't need to be here as it does nothing but cause members of the forum to get upset. If you want to do something and have your voice heard, a fashion forum isn't the way to go about it. Complaining here about injustices do nothing to solve said injustices.

So it's just a difference of opinion Miss AngelAshley. Difference of opinion. What you think are mediocre white filler models is just silly because at the end of the day they're all just models, not black, not white, not brown, not pink, not yellow, not rainbow. I don't like to look at things as black and white because the last thing we need in this world is more division between people.  To each his own I guess.

4 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

On the topic of filler models, and not related to race...

I just wanna say, VS messed up big time for not casting Shu Pei for the show. Regardless of reasons like whether she didn't fit the clients' needs or that her walk/body wasn't on point, VS really ought to have let her, Chong He & Luping walk. 

They're using her to promote RttR and I'd imagine if it weren't for her, the search wouldn't be as impactful anyway. Depending on Ming alone definitely isn't influential enough and Shu Pei was there at the right moment to save the search. Shame on VS really, and they even used her casting recording. I know she probably gets paid for the show itself, but a bigger much more meaningful thanks would be letting her walk the show, IN HER MOTHERLAND. 

I honestly don't mind seeing a few less Caucasian faces for a few more Asians. And I'm not going to say exclude black models because the show is expanding to South Africa next year I suppose. 

Agreed! I honestly thought Shu got casted this year especially considering this year's location...I would've expected at least 10-15 Asian (not just Chinese) models walking, but we only have 7 models (including the model search winner and Estelle Chen who is Chinese but of French nationality). That's ridiculous! 

8 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

@AngelAshley94

I don't pay attention to what others say, nor do I care about what's going on in the modeling world to be honest. The models are simply nothing more than a nice thing to look at via pictures, or video, and the outfits on the runway are hilarious often times and who doesn't want a free lol.

Using the term "nice to look at" loosely though :ermm: Very loosely at times.

Elsa.

7 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

@AngelAshley94

I don't pay attention to what others say, nor do I care about what's going on in the modeling world to be honest. The models are simply nothing more than a nice thing to look at via pictures, or video, and the outfits on the runway are hilarious often times and who doesn't want a free lol. And the reason I don't pay attention to the fashion industry and what it does or doesn't do is because it doesn't pay my bills.
 Maybe you care about it more than I do, and good for you, but just because there is a division in the industry doesn't mean you need to bring that to BZ... who btw if you hadn't noticed has nothing to do with what's going on in the fashion industry. We're just a group of people from all over the world who have a couple things in common. Race conversations on the forum just doesn't need to be here as it does nothing but cause members of the forum to get upset. If you want to do something and have your voice heard, a fashion forum isn't the way to go about it. Complaining here about injustices do nothing to solve said injustices.

So it's just a difference of opinion Miss AngelAshley. Difference of opinion. What you think are mediocre white filler models is just silly because at the end of the day they're all just models, not black, not white, not brown, not pink, not yellow, not rainbow. I don't like to look at things as black and white because the last thing we need in this world is more division between people.  To each his own I guess.

what 

the 

hell

so a person cannot talk loudly about the injustices in fashion in a fashion forum??? Darling what the hell did you just said? 

Yes, in the end of the day they are black, white, yellow and rainbow. Just look at how many black models didn't have the chances that some white had. This is such a hypocrisy. Pretending the industry only look to the models for their bodies and expressions is ridiculous. They do look to their race, and there is segregation 

B3gGcyr.gif

Just now, Prettyphile said:

Don't be a brat, so look at Lais's funbags and tell me they aren't nice to look at.

A little late to start now muffin :flower: 

And I said at times :blah: Lais' funbags are nice to look at. but looking at some of the other fashion models out there especially non VS O.O or you know. 

Elsa, Candice, Jo, Stella etc... :tf:

5 minutes ago, Marciotmello said:

so a person cannot talk loudly about the injustices in fashion in a fashion forum??? Darling what the hell did you just said? 

All the subject of race on BZ does is get the staff's PM boxes blown up and the reports start coming for a myriad a reasons. The subject tends to upset a lot of people, this isn't a new thing.

You can talk about it all you want, but either enough ppl complaining staff may come in and remove posts to try and get people back on track.

20 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

@AngelAshley94

Black models or models of color like Asian models or Latina models will never have the same opportunities as white models. To say that the industry is only looking for their "bodies" is simple bullshit because how many white models are shaped like a damn box with ugly masculine features and still get casted and get so many campaigns and covers over gorgeous models of color? Just bullshit. 

no one is getting upset, I'm stating MY opinion on the FASHION industry in a FASHION forum, so it's definitely the best way to go about it.