Bellazon

5 hours ago, Cute said:

They can always invest in an Asian newbie. Estelle Chen who is walking the show this year is a Chinese model and she speaks English, French, and Chinese. She's only 19 at the moment. But I guess that Jessie Li has worked with VS longer than Estelle. But I'd rather see a model who can do both HF and commercial.

Estelle is stunning and has a lot of potential.

I didn't have difficulty understanding Sui, she has an accent but her English is actually quite good. However, I do work with people from a variety of cultures so I am used to different accents. 

I like Xie Xin better, because body. 

I'm curious, how did we get to the topic of Sui being an angel though? Did I miss something? TBH, this is VS' golden opportunity to have an Asian angel, but I don't think they planned it well. The search for an Asian angel should have started last year, with 10 Asians at least walking the 2016 show and 15-20 walking in 2017. This year there's only an increase of 3 Asians, that's very little choice to consider. If VS is thinking about expanding to SA next year, then the rule of casting more than 10+ black models this year should have been applied to their Shanghai show too... So I don't see why the same rules don't apply to Asian faces. 

I mean, sorry if this sounds rude anyway. But while Kate G didn't do much press, the times that she did, all she needed to do was to stand there, look her best and smile & shrug if she didn't know how to promote the brand. It's not like if Ming became an angel, she'd have a longer contract period compared to the rest anyway, I doubt so. So Whether it's Sui/Ming/Liu/New face being considered, I don't think English matters. Ming gives off the impression that she speaks well (which I don't deny) because she has an American accent but there were a couple of interviews where I caught her swallowing her own words and she vocal fries a lot, like a lot. And her grammar usage is just as bad as the rest. So I don't agree Ming is superior to the rest. Context and clarity wise, all the Asians can do that. I just think if we're gonna talk about Ming being good in English, then we're giving her wayyyyyyy too much credit. In fact, Shu Pei has a better grasp than any of them, because she studied in the States I believe. 

But yeah, what's over is over. We'll just have to wait and see what special surprises VS delivers to us in October.

8 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

I'm curious, how did we get to the topic of Sui being an angel though? Did I miss something? TBH, this is VS' golden opportunity to have an Asian angel, but I don't think they planned it well. The search for an Asian angel should have started last year, with 10 Asians at least walking the 2016 show and 15-20 walking in 2017. This year there's only an increase of 3 Asians, that's very little choice to consider. If VS is thinking about expanding to SA next year, then the rule of casting more than 10+ black models this year should have been applied to their Shanghai show too... So I don't see why the same rules don't apply to Asian faces. 

I mean, sorry if this sounds rude anyway. But while Kate G didn't do much press, the times that she did, all she needed to do was to stand there, look her best and smile & shrug if she didn't know how to promote the brand. It's not like if Ming became an angel, she'd have a longer contract period compared to the rest anyway, I doubt so. So Whether it's Sui/Ming/Liu/New face being considered, I don't think English matters. Ming gives off the impression that she speaks well (which I don't deny) because she has an American accent but there were a couple of interviews where I caught her swallowing her own words and she vocal fries a lot, like a lot. And her grammar usage is just as bad as the rest. So I don't agree Ming is superior to the rest. Context and clarity wise, all the Asians can do that. I just think if we're gonna talk about Ming being good in English, then we're giving her wayyyyyyy too much credit. In fact, Shu Pei has a better grasp than any of them, because she studied in the States I believe. 

But yeah, what's over is over. We'll just have to wait and see what special surprises VS delivers to us in October.

That's literally why they dropped her, because she was useless for PR so you are just proving even further the point of how important English :rofl:   Ming's grammar may not be the greatest but you can easily understand what she's shaying, which is the case with the Brazilians. No one is asking these women to be Shakespeare, but it is important that they can answer questions fast and describe whatever product they are selling.

Still, I'm 100% the VS ship has sailed at this point for both Ming and Sui, I don't think they'll be contracting anyone soon or at least not a Chinese girl because none of them are even doing catalog work. If they are signing someone, it's probably someone who has proven she can sell their products

On 9/25/2017 at 7:29 AM, PastaFreak said:

Perhaps a stupid question, but why isn't Fei Fei Sun considered for VS?

It's pretty clear that Constance has a non-compete clause from her Etam contract which has prevented her from doing the last two shows.

I doubt she cares though, her face is everywhere in France these days and she headlined the latest EFS with Camille Rowe.

On 9/18/2017 at 2:40 AM, AngelAshley94 said:

So two planes this year? :rofl: VS is wasting so much money on travel expenses, I don't understand why they just can't continue to make the show in New York and only venture out to other cities in the US, like LA, Miami or New Orleans and very occasionally go global for the show like every 3-4 years...seems more logical

that way, they can actually spend money on making good quality and non-cheap outfits, hiring better performers  and the making the sets and graphics phenomenal.

im guessing one plane will be with the just the Angels and veterans, and the other plane with newcomers.

Good point , also they will have to deal with customs