Bellazon

7 hours ago, Sanni said:

Haha, yes, I was just about to write that the PINK section would likely reduce spots that the Angels could take in the show.

In addition, non-Angels have gotten special things like closing a section or even the show in the past, which could further reduce the Angels’ chances of getting more of the spotlight during segments.

That's true, it only worked back then when we only had 6 or 7 Angels maximum so regular models were able to open and close segments. But now with 14? it's gonna be much harder. I remember last year's show when Joan closed Dark Angels with the bing wings, everyone was pissed because it should've been Lais.

16 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@AngelAshley94 Who’s the girl in your avatar? :smile:

Oh haha @Sanni that's a South Sudanese-Australian YouTuber and former model Nikki Perkins! She stopped modeling a couple of years ago but her younger sister is currently a high-fashion model (Duckie Thot). I really which Nikki would go back to being a model, she has amazing potential and could seriously be the next big thing! I can definitely see Victoria's Secret using her! Just look at her! :wub:

IMG_4665.PNG IMG_3691.PNG IMG_2454.PNG IMG_1118.PNG IMG_6035.JPG IMG_6034.JPG IMG_2059.PNG IMG_5711.PNG IMG_5610.JPG

38 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@AngelAshley94 Thank you! I wondered whether that was a picture of you! So do you like Zuri then?

Duckie Thot, what an unfortunate name in America!

@Sanni No not me haha I wish I was that gorgeous and I'm 50/50 with Zuri, I like her as a person since I've met her before in Miami but not as a model...she has no energy at all in her editorials or shoots and has the same dull and lifeless face expressions (which sucks because she's gorgeous and looks like a doll) and she has very little runway experience but she's also very lovely in person. I think she'd be just a good commercial model (like H&M or Forever 21 but not VS). Leomie would've been a much better PINK spokesmodel 

9 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@AngelAshley94 Thank you! I wondered whether that was a picture of you! So do you like Zuri then?

Duckie Thot, what an unfortunate name in America!

@Sanni yea her last name is very unfortunate :rofl: that's why when Nikki got married, she was so grateful to have taken her husband's last name, but it's an aristocratic name of the Nuer tribe in South Sudan (where I'm from as well) and means you're pretty much royalty. 

6 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

@Sanni No not me haha I wish I was that gorgeous and I'm 50/50 with Zuri, I like her as a person since I've met her before in Miami but not as a model...she has no energy at all in editorials or shoots and has the same dull and lifeless face expressions, no runway experience (VS being her first) but she's also very lovely in person. I think she'd be just a good commercial model (like H&M or Forever 21 but not VS). Leonor would've been a much better PINK spokesmodel 

Interesting, she looks mean to me! She does have those lifeless eyes in pictures. But a great butt I have to say :D

Nikki is gorgeous! Sudanese women have some really amazing facial features. I've always wondered who was in your avatar too ahaha. 

I was really rooting for Zuri when Pink signed her. I thought she was really cute, and I was really happy to see VS using a darker tone black model. I've been pretty underwhelmed with her work thus far though. :/ 

26 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Interesting, she looks mean to me! She does have those lifeless eyes in pictures. But a great butt I have to say :D

@Sanni she has an amazing body but really needs to work on her facial expressions and runway walk...I love when she smiles because she seems so genuine and it's contagious, she doesn't have to be so serious all the time! 

6 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Nikki is gorgeous! Sudanese women have some really amazing facial features. I've always wondered who was in your avatar too ahaha. 

I was really rooting for Zuri when Pink signed her. I thought she was really cute, and I was really happy to see VS using a darker tone black model. I've been pretty underwhelmed with her work thus far though. :/ 

@toodarnhot isn't she? :wub: if only she was a model again, I'd love to see her in VS and South Sudanese women are on fire right now in the fashion industry! it seems almost every African model is always from South Sudan and it makes sense! They're natural born models: unique and exotic features and very long limbs haha 

and I couldn't agree more! I was so excited a dark skinned black model was finally given a VS contract, especially as high-profile as being a PINK spokesmodel but Zuri hasn't wowed me yet :/

7 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

@Sanni she has an amazing body but really needs to work on her facial expressions and runway walk...I love when she smiles because she seems so genuine and it's contagious, she doesn't have to be so serious all the time! 

Yeah, it kinda worked on the runway, sort of a cool tough girl vibe. But the lifeless, unsmiling thing doesn’t come across well in pictures. Plus, even when she shot a behind-the-scenes video at a PINK shoot, she was the same, not personable at all.

30 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Yeah, it kinda worked on the runway, sort of a cool tough girl vibe. But the lifeless, unsmiling thing doesn’t come across well in pictures. Plus, even when she shot a behind-the-scenes video at a PINK shoot, she was the same, not personable at all.

@Sanni her contract is ending soon too, VS hasn't been using her as much as Grace anymore and she hasn't gotten any work in a while (but she did host something for VS for Spring Break). I wonder if she'll open PINK this year or close, then again Rachel was a spokesmodel and never opened or close.

I'm kinda nervous with the show being held in Shanghai this year...will it be censored and toned down? I know the Chinese are VERY conservative when it comes to that, this will be the very first lingerie runway show ever held in China so the press will be huge..very smart for VS to have the show held there but will they have the models more covered up? I hope not! :banghead:

2 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I'm kinda nervous with the show being held in Shanghai this year...will it be censored and toned down? I know the Chinese are VERY conservative when it comes to that, this will be the very first lingerie runway show ever held in China so the press will be huge..very smart for VS to have the show held there but will they have the models more covered up? I hope not! :banghead:

I tought the girls were ridiculously covered up already at the Paris show! :o

51 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I tought the girls were ridiculously covered up already at the Paris show! :o

All the girls were obnoxiously covered up last year to the point where it really aggravated me...I wish VS would just return to their 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2008 time where the models showed a lot of skin and ass :sad: I think the only segment last year that wasn't so covered up was Dark Angels 

On 21/03/2017 at 10:01 PM, Limerlight said:

You just pretty much described a nightmare for me, just add in Romper getting her own segment, Martha closing everything, and more Sara and I'd retire from this forum probably forever (not really) :ermm: 

You wouldn't dare :angie:

I think Harry Styles should be a performer this year. His song "Sign of the Times" would be so beautiful for a slow segment but also easy to walk to because it has a rock beat with it and also much better than Gaga's terrible travesty of "Million Reasons" :actor:

• 2 weeks later...