Bellazon

Emilie de Ravin
Thumbnail

enedwaith

Biography

Born as the youngest of three sisters on December 27th, 1981, Emilie de Ravin grew up in Mount Eliza, Australia, approximately 45 km south of the Melbourne Central Business District. When she was younger her sisters were always the ones she went to for advice. Especially when it came to love issues Emilie always asked her sisters for help.

"They're much older than me - I'm 18; they're in their thirties - so if I was ever embarrassed about something, I could go to them for advice," she says. "I remember when I was 14, I had a crush on this guy and asked one of my sisters what to do. She was like, First, you don't want to be too pushy with him. Make him come to you."

During her early youth Emilie went to Toorak College, an independent day and boarding school for girls Year 4 to Year 12 and co-educational from 3 Year old Pre-school to Grade 3, but since she was nine her passion had been the ballet.

At age 15 the petite blonde got accepted into the prestigious and highly selective Australian Ballet School. During her teenage years, Emilie performed in productions of the Australian Ballet Company and Danceworld 301.

But although she pursued ballet for years, Emilie never quite liked the "bitchy atmosphere" in which people tended to spread rumours and tell stories behind a person's back. Never wanting to become like the girls she met at ballet school, Emilie never participated in those activities.

The Australian native got into acting almost accidentally after several years of performing with the Australian Ballet School. With 18 she first garnered the attention of international audiences with her performance on the popular television series Beastmaster: The Legend Continues.

What finally made her choose an acting career was a workshop at the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA), for after she had graduated she was asked to audition for a US prime time drama.

One month after relocating to Los Angeles the Australian girl landed the role of Tess Harding, the mysterious fourth alien in the WB sci-fi teen drama Roswell.

When she left the main cast of "Roswell" after the second season, Emilie needed to go on the outlook again and soon starred in the remake of Stephen King's horror classic Carrie. Her latest works include the independent film Brick and the dark comedy Santa's Slay. Over the last two years she also had recurring guest roles in shows like "CSI: Miami", "The Handler" or "Navy NCIS".

The quirky blonde takes her career very seriously for she wants to pursue it for the rest of her life. Up to now, Emilie has managed to make some wise choices with regard to the roles she accepts and the characters she portrays. Things are looking good for her since she is already considered a star on the rise. De Ravin's wish to make a living out of acting seems to be coming true.

At the moment, Emilie lives in Los Angeles with her husband Josh and her dog Bella. But despite, or maybe because of the long distance that separates her from her family, she still wants to spend as much time with them as possible. Especially on Christmas the Australian enjoys going home to spend the holidays and New Year's with her friends and family. In addition to spending time with her loved ones she also likes to meet new people and make new friends.

Filmography

Lost TV 2006 Claire Littleton

The Hills Have Eyes Film 2006 Brenda Carter

Brick Film 2006 Emily

Santa's Slay Film 2005 Mary Mackenzie

CSI: Miami TV 2004 Venus Robinson

The Handler TV 2004 Gina

The Handler TV 2003 Gina

Navy: NCIS TV 2003 Nancy

Carrie TV Film 2002 Chris Hargensen

Roswell TV 2000 Tess Harding

BeastMaster TV 1999 Curupira

emilie0010019dx.th.jpg emilie0010021ox.th.jpg emilie0010031wi.th.jpg emilie0010042cm.th.jpg emilie0010057ps.th.jpg emilie0010067bp.th.jpg emilie0010075zr.th.jpg emilie0010086oz.th.jpg emilie0010099yt.th.jpg emilie0010108mz.th.jpg emilie0010112bd.th.jpg emilie0010128tx.th.jpg emilie0010130vv.th.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emilie de Ravin, who plays Claire Littleton on ABC's Lost, has separated from her husband after only six months of marriage, her publicist, Jeff Raymond, tells the Associated Press.

The Australian actress and actor Josh Janowicz, both 25, were married in Melbourne in June of last year.

The wedding was intentionally small, de Ravin told PEOPLE at the time. "I'd never have a large wedding," she said. "That's not the kind of person either of us is. We're both quite low-key people."

It was a first marriage for both. They have no children.

Despite the brevity of the marriage, "We've been together nearly four years," de Ravin told PEOPLE in March 2006. The couple originally met "through friends," de Ravin added, "which is the best way to meet someone, isn't it?"

An Australian native, de Ravin lived in Los Angeles with Janowicz and commuted to her TV show's set in Oahu, Hawaii.

Besides Lost, de Ravin appeared in the horror film The Hills Have Eyes and TV's Roswell. Janowicz has been seen on TV's Cold Case and as the "hot priest" in the movie Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

SOURCE: PEOPLE.com

• 2 weeks later...
Emilie de Ravin, who plays Claire Littleton on ABC's Lost, has separated from her husband after only six months of marriage, her publicist, Jeff Raymond, tells the Associated Press.

The Australian actress and actor Josh Janowicz, both 25, were married in Melbourne in June of last year.

The wedding was intentionally small, de Ravin told PEOPLE at the time. "I'd never have a large wedding," she said. "That's not the kind of person either of us is. We're both quite low-key people."

It was a first marriage for both. They have no children.

Despite the brevity of the marriage, "We've been together nearly four years," de Ravin told PEOPLE in March 2006. The couple originally met "through friends," de Ravin added, "which is the best way to meet someone, isn't it?"

An Australian native, de Ravin lived in Los Angeles with Janowicz and commuted to her TV show's set in Oahu, Hawaii.

Besides Lost, de Ravin appeared in the horror film The Hills Have Eyes and TV's Roswell. Janowicz has been seen on TV's Cold Case and as the "hot priest" in the movie Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.

SOURCE: PEOPLE.com

The funniest thing is, JCPenny paid a huge amount of money for them to be the 'models' of their bridal registry. And now, just as they're beginning to be featured, they're getting a divorce! Its hilarious... well, to me anyway. Irony at its best.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...