Bellazon

Marvel's The Punisher

Michael*

MV5BMTc5MjAzNjYwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI5NzE1MzI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Marvel's The Punisher
Release Date: November 17, 2017

Marvel's The Punisher is an upcoming American television series created for Netflix by Steve Lightfoot, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films and other television series of the franchise, and is a spin-off of Marvel's Daredevil. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios, with Lightfoot serving as showrunner.

The series revolves around Frank Castle, who uses lethal methods to fight crime, with Jon Bernthal reprising the role from Daredevil. Ben Barnes, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Amber Rose Revah, Deborah Ann Woll, Daniel Webber, Jason R. Moore, Paul Schulze, Jaime Ray Newman, and Michael Nathanson also star. A television series centered on the Punisher received a put-pilot commitment at Fox in 2011, but that project fell through. In June 2015, Bernthal was cast as the character to appear in the second season of Daredevil. Development on a spin-off titled The Punisher began by January 2016, before the second season of Daredevil was released. In April 2016, Marvel and Netflix ordered the series, confirmed Bernthal's involvement, and announced Lightfoot as executive producer and showrunner. Filming began in New York City in October 2016, and concluded in April 2017.

Synopsis
Frank Castle, known throughout New York City as "the Punisher" after exacting revenge on those responsible for the death of his family, uncovers a larger conspiracy beyond what was done to him and his family.

Cast

Jon Bernthal - Frank Castle

Jason R. Moore - Curtis Hoyle

Ebon Moss-Bachrach - David Lieberman

Michael Nathanson - Sam Stein

Jaime Ray Newman - Sarah Lieberman

Amber Rose Revah - Dinah Madani

Paul Schulze - Rawlins

Daniel Webber - Lewis Walcott

Deborah Ann Woll - Karen Page

Kobi Frumer - Zach Lieberman

Ripley Sobo - Leo Lieberman

Kelli Barrett - Maria Castle

Ben Barnes - Billy Russo

Aidan Pierce Brennan - Frank Castle Jr.

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio - Marion James

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 11:53 PM, peroxideblonde said:

poor woman give her a break :rofl: i love her too but i'm ok with that, her character doesn't fit for this show imo

If Rosario Dawson is on my TV, I'll never complain. :rofl: I guess Castle will just have to find someone else to tend to his wounds.  :laugh:

On 11/16/2017 at 9:06 AM, ThePinkDiet said:

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!

Who's excited? :excited: My most anticipated show of the year!

Going to try and watch at least the first couple of episodes tonight. Still keeping my fingers crossed that The Hand stays well away, though.

How's the bindge going? I would have finished it by now if it wasn't that I'm watching it with my best friend and it's not always easy to combine work shifts free hours and stuff :rofl: btw, I'M LOVING IT. Saw episode 10 last night and I swear to God I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was. It gave me all kinds of emotions. The cast is too talented.

3 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

How's the bindge going? I would have finished it by now if it wasn't that I'm watching it with my best friend and it's not always easy to combine work shifts free hours and stuff :rofl: btw, I'M LOVING IT. Saw episode 10 last night and I swear to God I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was. It gave me all kinds of emotions. The cast is too talented.

You're a little ahead of me then, I'm only up to the eighth episode. :laugh:

I'm enjoying it so far, though. I would say, out of all Marvel's Netflix offerings up to now, this might boast the best structuring, with no pointless episodes or boring subplots. The subplots we do get are very interesting, and one in particular feels like an incredibly relevant social commentary. No sign of the Hand either, so really, I couldn't have asked for much more. :yes:

33 minutes ago, Michael* said:

You're a little ahead of me then, I'm only up to the eighth episode. :laugh:

I'm enjoying it so far, though. I would say, out of all Marvel's Netflix offerings up to now, this might boast the best structuring, with no pointless episodes or boring subplots. The subplots we do get are very interesting, and one in particular feels like an incredibly relevant social commentary. No sign of the Hand either, so really, I couldn't have asked for much more. :yes:

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's different from any other Marvel Netflix has produced to me. It's really intelligent and the writing... My God. I wanna take a pen while eatching every episode because there's always a quote that strikes deep into my heart! So so so good.

I'm just about to start episode 11. So far really loving the series, although I personally find some of the violence a little hard to stomach but I can be kind of sensitive to that in general. 

I am madly, madly, madly in love with Dinah. :heart: The actress that plays her is so unbelievably gorgeous. 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...