Bellazon

Models in Movies

Michael*

Partially inspired by Cara Delevingne, who you may remember from such films as Suicide Squad and Valerian. Looking at her IMDB page, she's had a few other castings over the last couple of years, although I don't recognise many of the titles so I'm not altogether sure of how big they were.

Anyway, leaving aside the more obvious fashion-centric fare of things like Zoolander or Neon Demon, what are some other movies with models that most people mightn't otherwise know about and most importantly, were they any good?

On 9/25/2017 at 1:16 AM, Cult Icon said:

The transporter 2 had a super-skinny model.  She looked way too catwalkish for the role:

I'd never seen or heard of her before, but as it turns out, she's the proud owner of a decent-sized thread in our models section. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know if it counts, but Jaime King used to be a model (now she's more an actress). I liked her in Sin City

The mention of Sin City got me thinking about Devon Aoki too. She always had that brilliantly deadpan expression, which was great for modelling and even better for her role as Miho. :hehe:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_ee6b19fdae0fc3c13e5ecd9271861acd.jpg

On 9/26/2017 at 12:32 AM, Michael* said:

I'd never seen or heard of her before, but as it turns out, she's the proud owner of a decent-sized thread in our models section. :laugh:

I thought she was very sexy when that movie came out lol

I never liked Devon Aoki- I found her too unfriendly looking.  She has a face of a 10 year old girl

On 9/30/2017 at 12:08 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Deadly little Miho! She was great in this role. They should've kept her for Sin City 2.

I vaguely remember hearing that she was pregnant at the time of filming Sin City 2. The kind of thing that happens when you wait nine years between connected films, I guess. :goose-wft:

Not that I dislike Jamie Chung of course (quite the opposite), but given my ultimate pick for a replacement Miho, I would have gone for Rila Fukushima. Like Devon, she has that taciturn look off to a fine art. Perhaps they could cast her for the third movie in 2023. :laugh:

On 10/1/2017 at 1:41 PM, Cult Icon said:

I thought she was very sexy when that movie came out lol

Her thread here at BZ suggests a career that never really took off, in both modelling and acting. Not sure why though, she strikes me as someone who probably could have done a lot more if she'd wanted it. :mellow:

On 2/25/2016 at 2:42 PM, Minerva13 said:

Game_Plan_2C_The_604.thumb.jpg.c468698fekate_nauta_922389l.thumb.jpg.8834c66a429
MV5BNTA0ODAzODI0NF5B.thumb.jpg.d4c74fcd4

7 hours ago, Michael* said:

Her thread here at BZ suggests a career that never really took off, in both modelling and acting. Not sure why though, she strikes me as someone who probably could have done a lot more if she'd wanted it. :mellow:

Maybe she married well? hah

TBH she was a bad actress in "Transporter 2" but she was so facially outstanding that it was jarring 

Natalia-Sokolova-1.jpg8746ce7892ebf19b353e13eb7a124473--linger

Playboy model Natalia Sokolova had some minor movie roles.  She's one of my favorite playboy models.  A fun fact is that she was apparently an amazing student in Russia.  She left modeling/entertainment and became an oil services executive- possibly the hottest person in America for that sort of job.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0812496/

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/natalia-sokolova?excludenudity=true&family=editorial&mediatype=photography&phrase=natalia sokolova&sort=mostpopular#license

• 1 month later...

Lily Cole was in St Trinian's and Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I never watched Imaginarioum of Doctor Parnassus but I did watch St Trinians which I thought was funny. 

Sasha Pivovarova was in In Time as the mother in law but I don't think it was a big role. Sasha Luss was in Valerian.