Bellazon

Chanel Iman
Thumbnail

dcrim

She´s trully wonderful, I can´t understand why some may call her ugly or butterface :idk: she´s still very young, and changes everyday...I think she´ll be great when she grows up :)

To hear Chanel Iman tell it, she was born for the role of supermodel. "I used to dress up as a model for Halloween, like every year," she laughs. "I would study all the magazines and practice all my poses and my walk." So begins the story of fashion's most-talked-about newcomer. Chanel nailed her first full season of shows with an A-list lineup that included Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, and Valentino. She would have done Louis Vuitton and Lanvin, too, except she was only fifteen at the time of Fashion Week and, being a minor, couldn't work on Sunday in Paris. "I want to go all the way," she says of her career ambitions. "My goal is to be a household name, and when I do that, I want to help other girls become models, and maybe even launch a fashion line with my mom, like Beyoncé did with her mother. My mom has such a good eye," she says, "and it's always been a dream of hers. I'd love to be able to do that for her." If her current star path is any indication she'd better start brainstorming names. After all, Chanel is already taken.

—JANE KELTNER

chanel2.jpg

chaneliman-thumb.jpg

Baby, Chanel Iman Was Born to Runway

— Thu, Oct 12, 2006 —

Chanel Iman

Today the New York Times' Styles section actually spends a bit of time covering (wait for it) fashion. It's a miracle. And the fashion piece aren't even really trend pieces, but come to be this anomaly known as "fashion reporting." And one of these reported pieces is on 15-year-old model Chanel Iman.

Modeling, it seems, was her "birth right." She was born to walk runways, wear couture, and flip around at photo shoots in front of fans and stuff. And it's not just because her name is Chanel Iman either. She's gorgeous, and tall, and under 18. And under 110 pounds.

“I was at Stella McCartney’s show,” she said, “and I’m dying to go to the bathroom, and so I went up to this guy and asked: ‘Do you work here? Do you know where the bathroom is?’ I didn’t know it was Paul McCartney! I mean, I know who Paul McCartney is, but I didn’t know what he looked like.”

And it's not like "brain surgeon" was really a viable career option.

from http://www.jossip.com/gossip/models/baby-c...ay-20061012.php

I like her look :)

She look cute & charming at most of the pictures. Though she can do the fierce & tough girl look as well. I think that she is a versatile model. Its like her personality shines through the pictures

iman1wc9.jpg iman2iy3.jpg

iman3fv9.jpg iman4zx0.jpg

Source: style.com

Please textlink instead of hotlinking images. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

EDIT: Hope I did it the right way ... now