Bellazon

Chanel Iman
Thumbnail

dcrim

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I heard that Chanel Iman will be doing VS PINK. What do you people think of it?? Isn't she a bit young to do it though :blink:

Chanel Iman Knows Victoria's Secret

Someone's got a secret…Photo: Imaxtree

Following in the footsteps of Alessandra Ambrosio (now pregnant) and Miranda Kerr (off dating Orlando Bloom), Chanel Iman has (sort of) announced her new campaign for Victoria’s Secret’s Pink line. Though her Ford reps assured us nothing was definite, Iman herself was pretty forthright last night to a Fashion Week Daily reporter. And although Pink is the youngest and least racy of the VS collections, it’ll still be interesting to see the upbeat teen tackle a sexier role and walk alongside Heidi or Adriana on the runway, wings in tow. Will Iman transition into one of those rare high-fashion-meets-lingerie superstars? (Gisele, we're looking at you.) And extra points to Iman and VS for bucking the pale trend in fashion these days. —Kendall Herbst

12_iman_lgl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

its irritating when people say she's ugly or that shes not high fashion because the biggest designers in the world aren't going to pick her if thats true!

i think fashion is just like art, when there was realism the next big thing was surrealism and abstract - the opposite. Chanel's face is DISTINCTIVE and thats probably why people say they see hotter models on ANTM - because they look nothing like her.

just wanted to get that off my chest :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vogue Italia continues to rack up the word count concerning their all black issue. We hear this is not sitting well with a certain american publication who had something similar in the works.

Fashionista claims Iman has scored the coveted Vogue Italia cover. With her profile on the rise with the Canadian Project Runway, this is nice promotion for the Iman brand. Iman will be surrounded by some other models.

SO MODERN

THE CUT meanwhile chatted with Chanel Iman about shooting the all-black issue of Italian Vogue with Iman, Veronica Webb and her pal Jourdan Dunn.

"I’d be surprised [if I am]," she said. "If I did that would be amazing, but if I don’t, I’ll get it the next time."

In other news, fashionologie is calling the all black issue : vogue noir. we love that

fashionologie is keeping a running list of who is supposedly involved:

* Alek Wek [rumored]

* Arlenis Peña [rumored]

* Chanel Iman [confirmed]

* Iman [confirmed]

* Jourdan Dunn [confirmed]

* Liya Kebede [confirmed]

* Veronica Webb [confirmed]

imanchanelimanqw1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Vogue Italia continues to rack up the word count concerning their all black issue. We hear this is not sitting well with a certain american publication who had something similar in the works.

Fashionista claims Iman has scored the coveted Vogue Italia cover. With her profile on the rise with the Canadian Project Runway, this is nice promotion for the Iman brand. Iman will be surrounded by some other models.

SO MODERN

THE CUT meanwhile chatted with Chanel Iman about shooting the all-black issue of Italian Vogue with Iman, Veronica Webb and her pal Jourdan Dunn.

"I’d be surprised [if I am]," she said. "If I did that would be amazing, but if I don’t, I’ll get it the next time."

In other news, fashionologie is calling the all black issue : vogue noir. we love that

* Alek Wek [rumored]

* Arlenis Peña [rumored]

* Iman [confirmed]

imanchanelimanqw1.jpg

SO MODERN

* Alek Wek [rumored]

* Arlenis Peña [rumored]

* Iman [confirmed]

imanchanelimanqw1.jpg

I read on models.com that Sessilee Lopez will also be in the issue and/or on the Vogue It. cover. I'm hoping Gaye Mcdonald could be in the magazine too. She's accomplished alot in the short time she's been modelling imo. Ajuma & Kinee Diouf deserves it too. Mia Niara & Samira Carvalho are just too fierce and should get more recognition. I could go on and say who else deserves more exposure and success but I'll leave it like that lol.