Bellazon

Nicola Cavanis
Thumbnail

spud

3 hours ago, palmat said:

I can't think about something more conflictual.
So you're a model, you work with your body and face BUT you don't want to show skin?
First of all you should talk with all your photographers because if some skin is been showed is because someone got a picture of it.
Second, how can you think to do your job without showing some skin?
And anyway, I've seen some sexy photoshoots here, so I dont know if she would complain about it too.

It seems obvious to me that a model might interpret shooting lingerie for a web store that sells lingerie as different from having those pictures shared in a different context where the point is how hot she is; or that working with a photographer she admires as an artistic expression rather than to satisfy prurient interests. Is it a reasonable expectation on the internet? Not really. I didn't think I was personally putting a stop to it by no longer sharing that content myself, it's gonna happen. But I don't think it's inconsistent or hypocritical of her. It might be if she were to object while doing something like SI, where the models being hot "is the product," but almost everything shared in here is the output of a working model.

11 hours ago, stewpidaz said:

She is a model that doesn't want anybody to see any pictures of her with skin showing? That makes sense. I can't wait for her parka photoshoot!

She could always model next years line of Burqas in Saudi Arabia. 🤔😁

4 hours ago, palmat said:

I can't think about something more conflictual.
So you're a model, you work with your body and face BUT you don't want to show skin?
First of all you should talk with all your photographers because if some skin is been showed is because someone got a picture of it.
Second, how can you think to do your job without showing some skin?
And anyway, I've seen some sexy photoshoots here, so I dont know if she would complain about it too.

Idk, she posts pictures showing skin on her Public Instagram page. I don’t understand this narrative that she doesn’t want anyone to see her pictures.

3 minutes ago, stewpidaz said:

Idk, she posts pictures showing skin on her Public Instagram page. I don’t understand this narrative that she doesn’t want anyone to see her pictures.

It's like, it's okay if she does it which she does rarely, but it is not okay if her photos are shared on forums and sexualized like on her subreddit.

And her DMs are probably filled with all kinds of crap you can think of.

6 minutes ago, balleballe said:

It's like, it's okay if she does it which she does rarely, but it is not okay if her photos are shared on forums and sexualized like on her subreddit.

Well, this happens because you post your stuff on the internet.

I can understand you don't like it, BUT If you dont want your pictures to be sexualixed or receiving pretty bad comments on your photos, just DON'T post this stuff anywhere.

People are bad, so expect the worse things if you post your (beautiful and nice) pictures on the web.

Cheers

This particular topic seems to be turning into one like that of Doutzen Kroes. Way too much chatter and not enough pictures. Hey, once her modeling pictures are published, she really loses control of them. They have gone public. Her particular wishes and desires about who sees them are neither here nor there. If she doesn't want to be seen modeling then get out of the profession and do something else.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, balleballe said:

If she was so against it, she could just stop modeling and focus on her insurance workplace, wouldn't she?

Please keep the forum clean. BTW not all models are same. She's just a normal girl from a small town who happens to be photogenic enough to be a model. What she wants is her wish. You may keep doing what she doesn't want & stop commenting on this topic. Just post her work over here.

She seems like a thoughtful girl.  She's studying at University.  It can't be easy being a model, and being good at it, but also hating the way in which many people objectify you.  Context matters.  You can do a lingerie shoot, in which you're paid to make the clothes look good, and that's very different to those same photos being leered over in a different context.  So I agree that she's walking a very, very fine line, but I also have a lot of sympathy for her position.

3 hours ago, snort said:

She seems like a thoughtful girl.  She's studying at University.  It can't be easy being a model, and being good at it, but also hating the way in which many people objectify you.  Context matters.  You can do a lingerie shoot, in which you're paid to make the clothes look good, and that's very different to those same photos being leered over in a different context.  So I agree that she's walking a very, very fine line, but I also have a lot of sympathy for her position.

Well what does it mean to look "good" in lingerie? Good according to what? To whom? What is beauty and what is its purpose? Guys are you out of your minds?
If someone fails to realise that the human body is made to look attractive and everything has to do with sexuality and reproduction is just immature and naive.

Do you think Nicola or any other model, don't know they are extremely attractive and all men would want them? Do you think they are not complimented by it, although of course it could tire them or wouldn't like to be "judged by the looks" but what can you do, looks are before anything, first thing that is noticed.

The issue is when they are being "abused" by perverts but what can you do, that happens when you expose yourself to the public. 
That happens in real life too, you don't have to be a model.

This talk has NO POINT going on. If anyone feels that posting images of models is wrong then don't visit this forum again.

Conversations are great and encouraged, however we're receiving reports about the thread being hijacked by certain topics that keep being brought up over and over. It doesn't matter why Nicola doesn't want to share some photos, move on, talk about other things or take the conversation to a group PM.