Bellazon

Nicola Cavanis
Thumbnail

spud

Think she just needs to quit modeling she has been complaining about it for a little bit now it seems, can think of a few industries that have long pay dates. Know some teachers that get paid 1 time a month, hate the break it to models they are  a Prop/Mannequin that moves they for most part they could care less about her feelings. The changing part well if you are doing most of the pictures I've seen her in really don't see the big deal, but will give her that one. By the 3rd one she is already back tracking think she going to get black listed pretty soon.

I've had a modeling gig that took an entire year to pay out, and only after my agency fought for me. I've had an acting gig where I was never paid the hundreds of dollars I was promised and I didn't have an agent to fight for me then.

At model castings, I've been ridiculed and body-shamed in front of large groups of peers. I've had to strip down to my underwear more than once for castings and many times for changing on the job. Privacy wasn't an option. And these were legitimate jobs with big clients.

On modeling and acting jobs, I've been talked down to and mistreated. I've even been forced to do dangerous and improvised stunts for no money.

In every corner of the entertainment industry, talent is treated like garbage. There's little to no respect for these people unless they become rich and famous, and even those lucky few are still mistreated.

I can only imagine it's ten times worse for women because men with power are typically disgusting and abusive and women are more consistently objectified. Sexism is amplified in the industry.

It doesn't matter if Nicola is the most beautiful, smartest, and thick-skinned professional. Talent will always suffer at the whims of subjective egomaniacs who know there's a line of desperate replacements.

Lets be honest, modelling has always been about looks and not personality unless you're more than a pretty face/body to show off different pieces of clothing. Personality has never mattered in that equation as the employers don't usually give a damn if the models kick kittens for leisure as long as they're hot and can their image can be of use to sell their products.

That is until a model gets big. Then personality starts to matter a bit more.

Nowadays with social media it's really easy to find quick replacements willing to do anything for a chance in the industry and fame.

The only way a model's personality matters truly is if a popular social movement is going on (BLM, MeToo, etc) and a model publicly voices against it on a social network.

Is it because emplying companies DO care? No, simply because voicing against the current "trend" equals possible loss of customers and sales, thus, if a model publicly goes against it, they'll be fired quickly.

TL;DR: A model's feelings don't really matter to employers because they're being paid to be pretty for their products and that's it.

7 hours ago, Spawn-man said:

In every corner of the entertainment industry, talent is treated like garbage. There's little to no respect for these people unless they become rich and famous, and even those lucky few are still mistreated.

Yup.

Know the rules of the game. If you don't like it, get out. Plenty of actresses/models that left their careers behind because they got tired of "couch casting". If you want to be a hero of social justice & speak your mind, don't expect people to give yo any more jobs... Sad but true. You will also get "blacklisted" and considered a troublemaker high up in the foodchain. It's a rough game.

2 hours ago, Heartilly said:

Yup.

Know the rules of the game. If you don't like it, get out. Plenty of actresses/models that left their careers behind because they got tired of "couch casting". If you want to be a hero of social justice & speak your mind, don't expect people to give yo any more jobs... Sad but true. You will also get "blacklisted" and considered a troublemaker high up in the foodchain. It's a rough game.

Yeah. Never try to improve things for yourself or others. Take what you’re given or quit. This guy gets it.

6 hours ago, Heartilly said:

When the rules of the game are bullshit and dehumanizing you fight to change them