Height:  5'7''

Bust:  32''A

Waist: 24''

Hips: 33''

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blonde

Instagram: lexiwood

Snapchat: lexiwoodxo

About: Canadian model who's graced the pages of major beauty publications such as Vogue Japan and Galore Magazine. She's been represented by International Model NYC, One Management, and LA Models, among others.

WWT2FdFI.jpg 2xzeIa5n.jpg

kWZwP4vf.jpg rlptbjc9.jpg

Date of article: July/2014

MODEL Q&A X LEXI

In the spirit of Canada Day, we sat down with Canadian beauty, Lexi Wood to get to know her a bit better and boy are we glad we did! #GirlCrushAlert! 

tFCTRAN0.jpg

Name: Lexi Wood
 Hometown: Toronto, ON.
Fave food: Fries- curly fries, wedges, chips, crimped fries, shoestring fries… all of the fries

4n55wTAh.jpg

Motto:
Always stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

If you could raid 1 celebrities' closet, who’s would it be? 

Nicole Richie.

If you could only shop at 1 store for the rest of your life, what would it would be….and why? 

Ardene- obviously. I've been shopping at Ardene since long before I began modelling. Ardene is my one-stop-shop because it has everything from bra's to dresses to shoes at affordable prices, not to mention that the items are always on trend.

How would you describe your personal style? 

My personal style is kind of all over the place. From boho to streetwear all the way to vintage- my outfits depend on how i'm feeling that day.

9hMubqB8.jpg

What’s your go-to item when you have a casting call/ audition?

My go-to item for castings is a good motor-cycle jacket. You can dress it up or down and it really adds a lot of personality to an outfit (especially a casting outfit which is generally pretty plain.)

When did you first realize you wanted to be a model? And when were you first discovered?

I think I've always wanted to become a model. Both my Mom and my Nana were models- so I always say that it's in my blood. When I was little I was always practicing my walk and my poses and my dreams became a reality when I was 'discovered' when I was 11 years old. I began shooting as a kid for department stores and then I was rediscovered two years ago and began shooting fashion and beauty!

What was it like being on photoshoot in San Fran with Ardene?  

A dream come true. As a model, I'm so blessed to be able to travel to so many different places. San Francisco has always been a place I've wanted to travel to. The crew and the other models were so welcoming and made me feel so comfortable. For those 4 days we were like one big family and we created some memories that I will never forget! I'm so thankful for the opportunity.

udVqZeVk.jpg

Were the other models nice? ;)
The other models were amazing! I'm so lucky to be able to meet great girls like these through my experiences as a model. One night we had a PJ party in one of the hotel rooms and ordered Thai food- just my kind of night. 

What are the best and worst parts about being a model?
There are so many great things about being a model- I'm able to travel, meet amazing people and totally transform who I am and what I look like on a day-to-day basis by amazing makeup and hair artists. I'm a very shy person and I love having the opportunity to play a role, get in the zone and transform who I am- it really helps to bring me out of my shell. There's not much that I don't like about modelling but I do miss my family when I'm away and working. Either my Mom, Dad or Sister are always with me- and for that I feel very fortunate but I do miss the other 2 when we can't all be together. We're very close.

2flfmsSN.jpg

What is your fave song to have on in the background during a photoshoot?
Eye of the Tiger. Just kidding- Dreaming by Smallpools.

Shooting with music always helps me get into the zone, and dancing between shots makes the day even more fun. I like anything thats upbeat and makes me (and the crew) happy.

Any tips for aspiring models?

My best advice would be to always keep your head up and keep working hard if modelling is really what you want to do. Never let anyone tell you that you can't succeed because you absolutely can, all it takes is hard work, determination and a great attitude. And always, always be yourself, an original is worth more than a copy.

A big thank you to Lexi for taking the time to chat with us :smile:
#GoodTimes
xox

Source: Galore Mag

Lexi Wood Wants To Cleanse F*ckboys Out Of Her Life

Even babes like Lexi Wood can’t seem to avoid fuckboys.

We talked to the Canadian model about the worst gift she’s received from an ex, what she thinks about fucking on the first date, and why she wants to be one of Taylor Swift’s cats.

Check out her interview below and the dope shoot by Frankie Mark.

If you were magically transformed into an animal overnight, what kind of animal would you be and which celebrity would you want to take care of you?

Definitely one of Taylor Swift’s cats. Not a single animal on this planet has a better life than those cats. Also, it’d be the purrrrfect way to get into her girl squad.

If you rubbed up against a lamp in a thrift shop and a genie popped out, what would your three wishes be?

End girl-on-girl crime, we need to see more women empowerment. End climate change. And selfishly, if I’m being honest, my dream is to walk the Victoria’s Secret Runway so I’d probably wish for that too.

What would your circle of hell look like?

Injustice, no music, no animals, a giant hair clogged shower drain.

What’s the worst present you’ve ever gotten from a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Last year, my ex boyfriend surprised me in Toronto (my hometown) for my birthday, which was amazing. But then he made me pay for the entire weekend, so that wasn’t a very good present.

What’s one thing you would Marie Kondo out of your life?

Fuckboys. Can you tell I need a nice boy in my life?

If you were a cult leader, what would your cult be like?

My cult would be filled with love, light, and badass ladies.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Absolutely. When you know, you know. I’m a hopeless romantic.

Do you believe in fucking on the first date?

Not for myself, but I’m all for ladies taking charge and getting what they want.

If you were a sex toy, what would you be?

I’d probably be a sex swing because I’m a little sexy and a lot of fun.

If you could go back in time and change one thing that you’ve done, what would it be?

I was bullied in high school by a bunch of girls. Instead of sticking up for myself and not letting things get to me, I kind of retreated to the comfort of my family and keeping to myself. I ended up leaving school to be homeschooled, but I wish I would have stuck it out and stood my ground. Thankfully, being homeschooled allowed me to pursue modeling more seriously. I always say everything happens for a reason, so while I regret not standing my ground, if it weren’t for those mean girls I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today.

j68sr0eW.jpg 6IPdKiHf.jpg HzU580Lt.jpg w1kg5yop.jpg iQenM5Ff.jpg iCgeLArn.jpg 763IxOiP.jpg vHdcmfXU.jpg URba1z4P.jpg

Photographer: Frankie Mark
Stylist/Creative Director: Daun Curry
Makeup: Phoebe Goulding