Bellazon

The Witcher

Cult Icon

Henry's look was a costume and make-up test. Scars will likely be added as the series progresses, or maybe one or two beforehand. Wither 3 is a non-canon sequel to the book series, so it's an older Geralt. Henry is playing a younger, more like Witcher 1 Geralt. He has the long hair, like in the books. Less scars because this Geralt isn't as seasoned as Witcher 3 Geralt.

My hopes aren't as high as they were when Henry was cast. So far, only he, Lars Mikkelsen, and the actress playing Ciri got me excited. As for everyone else, I'll have to wait and see them in promo pictures or a trailer. 

• 7 months later...

Not all monsters actually require the use of a silver sword. Geralt keeps it on Roach, wrapped in a cloth with oils. So you know when he does need to use the silver it's a pretty big deal. 

I don't really like Geralt and Yennifer's outfits.  Geralt's armor and sword look too much like cosplay rather than real weapons and Yennifer's outfit is too flourish.  I think Cavili should grow a gray beard so he looks less like a square-jawed superhero

On 7/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, KelAnne_ said:

Not all monsters actually require the use of a silver sword. Geralt keeps it on Roach, wrapped in a cloth with oils. So you know when he does need to use the silver it's a pretty big deal. 

do you think Yennifer's actress is appropriate?  Ciri?

Cavilli is very square jawed and looks different from the Geralt from Witcher 1 and 2.  This geralt was more reptilian looking and they made a compromise with Witcher 3.  I heard that Geralt from the books is closer to that.

I'm not a big fan of Yen's actress. I think she's a little too young and kind of looks it. She's only about 5 years older than Ciri's actress. Triss is played by someone older than Yen and also looks older than Yen's actress. So, it's a little weird for me. I'll wait to see how she does in a trailer before completely passing on her. I think Ciri looks fine for the age up. She couldn't be younger like she is in the books because of the mature nature of her own storyline. 

Part of it's bias for me as Henry is my fave male celeb crush, but I like seeing him as Geralt. The thing with Geralt is, he isn't supposed to be as 'ugly' as he was in Witcher 1 and 2, which I'll mostly put down to the graphics of the time. There is a female character who upon seeing Geralt for the first time remarks how handsome he is. The main villain of the books even mentions Geralt's looks. People only really call Geralt a freak because he's pale, has the cat eyes and white hair. I'd say the real issue with Henry is how big he is. Geralt isn't really big at all. The character I mentioned who calls him handsome upon seeing him does mention he's a little bit small in size. All that aside, I really don't mind what I've seen of Henry. His armour looks like something described from the books, same with the medallion (even though I do love what the games did with it), and the fact Henry's a big fan of the books and character. 

For me, I think it's what they show in the trailer that will be the decider. They really need to pull out the big guns and go all out. In vein of the Witcher 3 cinematic trailers, show us Geralt taking on a monster. Let us see him in action. 

This is Geralt from Hexer:

Dq2GW4-WwAAo0Xs.jpg:large

He looks quite like the one from the W3 game- IMHO the W3 Geralt makes the most sense for me (I haven't read the books but am a fan of the games)- kind of a combination of rugged/battle scarred, tall, and athletic.  If the book Geralt is wiry, rugged/battle scarred and athletic than that would be fine too.    Henry is bit too superhero-ish/jacked and pretty to me.  I still remember him as the boy in "Count of Monte Cristo... TBH I wonder if part of becoming a man was taking some steroids.. 

The-Witcher-3-maxed-und-downsampled-318-

On 7/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, KelAnne_ said:

I'm not a big fan of Yen's actress. I think she's a little too young and kind of looks it. She's only about 5 years older than Ciri's actress. Triss is played by someone older than Yen and also looks older than Yen's actress. So, it's a little weird for me. I'll wait to see how she does in a trailer before completely passing on her. I think Ciri looks fine for the age up. She couldn't be younger like she is in the books because of the mature nature of her own storyline. 

I don't like Triss' look, she is too homely.  

Before the pictures came out, there was speculation that Eva Green was the ideal Yennifer (based on the game version). I thought that the game Yenn was similar to Kate Beckinsale.  Game Triss is easier to cast.

The Hexer is awful. Worst thing to ever happen to the Witcher series (unless the Netflix show goes south). Even the author of the books hates Hexer. :rofl:

Triss is actually harder to cast because she's not a redhead bombshell like everyone fancasts her. She is supposed to be attractive, which the actress playing her isn't to my actual tastes. But she's not actually a redhead. There is a hint of red in her hair but it's pretty much brown. She doesn't wear it up either, that's a big no. For a woman in this world, wearing their hair down is a sign of freedom. Triss is famed for her hair. People who don't know her by face, know who she is because of her beautiful hair. When that is burned off in the battle of Sodden, people assume Triss is one of the dead, and Yen is blind so she can't confirm Triss alive. She also doesn't wear revealing clothing, while the scar from the battle healed she still deals with it mentally and prefers not to wear anything low-cut. 

I think the biggest issue with the show is and it's not their fault, is that the games are more popular than the books, at least outside of Poland. So people only know of these characters through the game. It's not the fault of the show or audience. I didn't know it was a book series until after I saw the game. People just need to be more open-minded because these characters aren't really the ones we see in the books, looks and personality wise. Yen is close, I never liked her while reading the book or playing the game. Geralt struggles more with being a Witcher in the books, which aren't even about him being a Witcher. He even briefly gives up at one stage, which Witcher 3 Geralt wouldn't, especially as saving Ciri and Yen is his main goal. He doesn't travel alone either, he has a whole group fighting with him. Either way, they are going to have a hard time pleasing everyone.