Bellazon

The Witcher

Cult Icon

TV Series will be based on novels of Andrzej Sapkowski. I hope it will be great show. The Witcher character created by Andrzej Sapkowski gained huge popularity thanks to the game by CD Projekt  (especially in western countries). The books are very popular in Poland. So I can't wait what happens.

1 minute ago, Socio said:

TV Series will be based on novels of Andrzej Sapkowski. I hope it will be great show. The Witcher character created by Andrzej Sapkowski gained huge popularity thanks to the game by CD Projekt  (especially in western countries). The books are very popular in Poland. So I can't wait what happens.

I'm a big fan of the witcher.  I love it and think it's one of the greatest things ever.  

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@SympathysSilhouette

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/henry-cavill-the-witcher-netflix-series-1202925521/

https://www.local10.com/entertainment/henry-cavill-will-lead-the-witcher-series-for-netflix

Henry Cavilli is playing Geralt!  It would bring some viewers but I don't see it.

mads mikkelsen would have been perfect.  

And kate Beckinsale as Yennifer!!!

3 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I think they got Cavill because he is a movie star. Not because he fit the role best.

But he brings a lot of attention to this project.

I just hope they get the casting for Yennefer and Triss right.

Not sure who I want for Yennefer but I definitely want Elena Satine for Triss.

I'm not sure if Triss is in it.  Yea, Henry is definitely there for marketing.  I don't know much about his acting except that he was a dull superman.

Mads basically played Geralt in one of his movies:

hqdefault.jpg

Henry is a good actor, you need to watch him The Tudors for better reference since obviously DC movies are a mess with the exception of Wonder Woman :ninja: I personally had never heard of these books of videogames until Henry got announced but I will be watching for sure because 1- I love Henry and 2- I will watch pretty much anything that is on Netflix :rofl:

7 hours ago, Clauds said:

Henry is a good actor, you need to watch him The Tudors for better reference since obviously DC movies are a mess with the exception of Wonder Woman :ninja: I personally had never heard of these books of videogames until Henry got announced but I will be watching for sure because 1- I love Henry and 2- I will watch pretty much anything that is on Netflix :rofl:

He's clever and solves puzzles like a detective.    He is a vagabond mercenary (visual age about 50) with several lifetimes of traumatic experience.   He's very world weary and so experienced that he treats his adventures as another day's work.  He is tough, and like the "Hellboy" character often plays the role of the only one who is sane in an insane world.  He has the wisdom to see what others are blind to.  He is grounded and classless; he serves Kings and peasants and treats them no differently.  He values principles over the material.

At heart, he's a frustrated idealist and this manifests in his bitter and biting sarcasm.  His exhaustion and deadened emotions.  Yet with women he can enjoy himself; he's also a romantic and a seducer with numerous relationships.  This conflicts with his a code of honor as a protector until death.

He is steadfastly loyal to his friends and companions, and is a father figure to an adopted daughter.

The character of the "Witcher" is that of considerable nuance and depth. 

I'm happy with Henry getting the role. The Witcher is highly underrated, the books mostly, as a lot of people are only aware of the games. So if he's going to be the reason people are introduced to this series, I'm all for it! The showrunner spoke on Twitter of how the meeting she had with Henry back in April always stuck with her, even after meeting hundreds of other actors for Geralt. He has the passion, he understands the character. I have really high hopes for this series. To judge by her tweets over the course of the year I've followed her, the showrunner is incredibly passionate about the Witcher world. Plus, they also have the author as a consultant for the show. 

As for Mads Mikkelsen, I could totally see him playing Leo Bonhart!