Bellazon

Mr. Mercedes

Prettyphile

7H18B6xdLDTosAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

One of the many Stephen King adaptations headed our way, we’ve just learned that AT&T Audience Network’s drama series “Mr. Mercedes, based on the same-named King novel that was published back in 2014, will be premiering this coming Summer. We’ve also gotten our hands on a few early images, giving us our first look at Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield.

Check ’em out below, via the official “Mr. Mercedes” Facebook page!

Brendan Gleeson leads as Detective Bill Hodges, along with Harry Treadaway (Penny Dreadful) as Brady Hartsfield. Jharrel Jerome (Moonlight) is cast as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence (Avatar) as Detective Peter Dixon, Robert Stanton (Mercury Rising) as Anthony “Robi” Frobisher, and Ann Cusack (Nightcrawler) as Olivia Trelawney, with Mary Louise-Parker (Weeds) as Janey Patterson, and Holland Taylor (The Truman Show) as Ida Silver. Kelly Lynch (Deborah Hartsfield), Justine Lupe (Holly Gibney) and Breeda Wool (Lou Linklatter) also star.

King himself will reportedly appear in a cameo role.

Based on Stephen King’s 2014 book, “Mr. Mercedes” follows demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Treadaway), who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.

David E. Kelley wrote adaptation, produced by Sonar Entertainment. Jack Bender directs. Both executive produce along with Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey.

9k=

2Q==

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able  to watch this over the  past week.   I can see why they did the changes,  because they had to 'set up' for the potential  second  season. 

I've not read this King story yet,  I did  find  the show riveting.   I like Mr.  Gleeson though, so that might be part of it. It was very dark  even in  the  humor, which is one of the reasons  I like  Steven  King.