Bellazon

Helena Christensen
Thumbnail

tootty86

Guys, I'm confused about this stuff

is it a supplement cover or just the inside picture ???

hehehe !!!

I think you're not the only one doing fake cover !!

this picture is from french elle 1993 ... nothing to deal with Vogue ! we know about reprinted stuff but intra edition !!!

I think it doesn't exist anywhere ! just fake stuff !

may I be wrong !

:wave:

Fake cover

Thats why I always suggest to add fake to fake covers... But we know its fake as its elle photo and not vogue if not we would be in trouble haaa!

Спасибо за изумительные фотографии !!! :drool:

Such great pictures of Helena in italian Vogue. What I can't dig is why Vogue Italia have never put her on the cover though they

made editorials with her almost in every issue !?! :blink:

Hi

Love Helena

1991 VALENTINO_HC_SS91_Vogue_IT_

http://www.flickr.com/photos/callmewanda/s...2628522/?page=7

I knooow... is not this insane? Shall I believe that Meisel does not like her that much? Now I really doubt she will ever get it... she never had US Vogue solo either but at least was a part of a great cover... but none of them put her on their annivrsary issues which is a big shame...

She did some great editorials and insane amount of catwalk work in Milan (esp. Versace) and all she got was just one Beauty Supplement cover, only after she retired from active modelling...

Hi

Love Helena

1991 VALENTINO_HC_SS91_Vogue_IT_

http://www.flickr.com/photos/callmewanda/s...2628522/?page=7

I knooow... is not this insane? Shall I believe that Meisel does not like her that much? Now I really doubt she will ever get it... she never had US Vogue solo either but at least was a part of a great cover... but none of them put her on their annivrsary issues which is a big shame...

She did some great editorials and insane amount of catwalk work in Milan (esp. Versace) and all she got was just one Beauty Supplement cover, only after she retired from active modelling...

It is insane and I thought about it a lot. Is it logic that the model which is so welcomed in the magazine edition and has been photographed for almost every issue had no covering ... What I can guess is that the chief editor or the one who's responsible for cover model disliked Helena and tried his best to put other models on the cover except her :blink: And the same is with american magazines, ELLE for example - just ONE cover !!! For that incredibly beautiful and amazing fashion queen ! One "W" cover, while about 15 for Kate Moss ... One COSMO.... One BAZAAR... One MADEMOISELLE... No single Vogue.. It makes you feel that they were doing a favour when printing her on their covers :evil: While they chose repeatedly ugly models to "grace" the magazines :yuckky: From that point of view I don't like like americans. The english knows where beauty lies, countless british magazines proove that. 17 ELLE and many other magazines. British editors felt happy having her on the cover and inside. Nation with a taste :)

Sorry for being speechful :blush:

....... but how can they be that :blink: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!!?

Well she did US Vogue but with other models...

I don't agree with u re- ugly models... there were many outstandingly beautiful models gracing covers these days... and Kate Moss is a truly iconic model even though she is not my favourite... but I understand that the favouritism towards her or even Linda was a bit irritating... but this is how fashion works...

Helena also did only one Vogue Paris... which is insane... her catwalk moments were insanely glorious... so I don't know how this works...

By the way re-UK, she never did UK HB either;-)))) even though I agree she had a lot of publicity here... I am still hoping for big UK Vogue comeback... but with Alexandra Shulman it is hardly possible...

Also let's not forget... in her recent interviews she keeps saying that she never considered modelling asa serious job... so I guess this has to do somethign with the whole situation... bcos for Linda fashion was her life... she lived with it... etc...

but at the end of the day, the good thing is that she is still doing things and makes us incredibly happy;-)))

By the way, did she ever work for YSL? I guess she did not even do catwalk... so we need to accept that some designers, thankfully very few did not like her... we may find it funny but YSL loved Leatitia Casta who to me is everything but not the fashion model... but she got Vogue Paris... in 2008 and in 2009 and Heidi Klum got more Vogue covers recently than Helena did... and she is as much Fashion models as I am a president of the US...

Well said, Vahito , on every point ! Model means being an actress, being able to suit every style of every culture.

There are a few models who can play roles with their faces and be so changeable and different. It's Helena, Nadja and Linda.

Many models are just posing as they are, showing pretty faces and legs but always the same, the image, the style, the expression.

And it's strange when they are picked to grace iconic stylish Vogue magazine (with repeatful poses and style) <_<

But it's a matter of favoritism and promotion of a model I think. Sometimes getting into intimate relationship with another famous person

or weird behaviour makes any model more known than for her professional work. It's pitty , but we can't change it :(

well !!

about the whole vogue thing !!

I remember I was so dissapointed when I saw that Helena never did any cover of italia vogue !

I was happy to discover the fashion iconography website but in the same time lot of my dreams were off !

I guess Vahito is right, Helena was not a friend of Steven Meisel, she's not a muse of him, they just did two works together ( as long as I know an editorial in italia vogue 07/95 + the campaign iceberg summer 95 ! ) funny is that in the editorial there were group of girls and I think Helena was shooted the most !

so no chance for Helena to get a cover in the future ! I think it will never happen ! Guess with Peter Lindbergh it won't have been the same !

Karen Mulder never had any cover of italia vogue neither ! don't know why ! maybe for the same reasons !

about us vogue I guess it's about America in general ... Helena didn't interest them that much ! I think the best time for Helena in us was spring 1993 ! when she did vogue, revlon campaign and Bloomingdale's !

Sexy Angel is right ! just one elle, bazaar, w ... at least we can be lucky to got one of each !! even if it's not enough for us !

did you ever see a us vogue with Yasmeen Ghauri ? ( except the birthday one ! by the way why the hell Helena wasn't in this cover ?? ) or any W or Bazaar ? the same with Carla Bruni !!

it's possible that the agency has something to do with !! look at Yasmeen Ghauri ! she was in every issue of italia vogue from 01/1991 to 12/1992 ! and since 1993 NOTHING !! when she changed her agency !

sometimes it has something to do with the look of the girls ... look at Nadja when she had platine hair ! she explosed ! look at her when she had dark hair ... she did nothing !!

now about Helena I really don't understand why she never got more Vogue cover,

one for french vogue

one for spanish vogue ( in 2002 )

one for german vogue ( in 2004 )

thanks to uk vogue we got some beautiful covers ! even if I wonder why in 91 there were any !

and about Italia ? no vogue no elle .... some marie claire ... and Linda ? did she any italia marie claire cover ?

I mean it's not because a girl is very known that she did everything ! I don't remember any marie claire italia cover with Claudia or Cindy or Naomi !

and some girls sell more than other ... it's all about business than beauty or fashion !!!

italia vogue 08/1995 ( and not 07/95 as in my previous post sorry !! :blink: )

the mood of black by steven meisel

and I guess everyone knows about this pic ... iceberg spring summer 1995 ( two versions I could find )

WOW!!! These are great, never seen all of those from the editorial!

Sorry I have been so quiet lately, been manic at work here.

Regarding the VOGUE covers - I actually think that she has done really well with the amount of covers she has done.

US VOGUE always loved her and regularly featured her on their style pages, when Carlyne Cerf de Dudzele was fashion editor she did her most editorials there. Helena was one of her favourite models at the time.

Not more covers for US VOGUE - only thing I would explain as reason is that her look is not relatable to the average person in America. If you had to imagine a middle american young woman going past the newstand it would be easier to have related to Nikki Taylor, Cindy Crawford and the Claudia Schiffer types.

Dont think it was ever anything personal from Anna/Grace/Andre etc. She got so many UK Vogue covers as Alexandra Shulman and Elizabeth Tilberis as editors understood the British fascination with multi cultural beauty, especially in the early 90's - so they could get away with using girls like Claudia Mason, Carla Bruni etc on covers.

I dont think that the photographers can be blamed either. Herb Ritts and Helena were very very close (he even introduced Michael Hutchence to her) and he did many of the covers in the early 1990's.

So basically think it comes down to an editors understanding of population demographics and their readership profile. At the end of the day the cover is about selling the magazine not about making an amazing picture, the editorial is for creating the magic - and Helena had an awesome editorial presence in all the magazines

XXX