Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, everyboulevard said:

Tarte Shape Tape

Shape Tape is soooooo full coverage, though, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone new to makeup. Definitely one of the best out there, but it's a lot to handle, to say the very least.

 

Adding to the concealer discussion:

I would recommend NARS Radiant Creamy over Shape Tape since that's what I began with (that shit makes me luminous, it is my foundation most days) but I don't know if I can in good faith recommend NARS products any more. If that doesn't bother you, I guess :idk: but it should

 

I like the Cover FX creamy concealer right now, I bought it when I got the Custom Enhancer drops and it's not amazing under my eyes (goddammit RIP my Touche Eclat) but it does well with blemishes.

 

It's so bloody hard being a cruelty free consumer, I'm using the last of my NARS right now and I'm sooooo sad to let go of this mfing concealer. My bank probably likes it because I have to spend so much less on makeup because every damn company is expanding to China, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cult Icon    0

Thanks so much for the help girls!!!!

 

are there specifically non-pore clogging (non-comedogenic) concealers?

 

I'm near a Shieshido/MAC.  Not sure if there's an Ultra nearby.  

 

I'm googling all the products you recommended and learning about them.

 

I think I will probably try to get a skin tone match by a representative and then experiment with the drugstore brands first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tania82    0

I love bathroom things: bath gels, soaps, parfums, bath salts, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cult Icon    0
On 7/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, everyboulevard said:

Non-comedogenic I'd have to say Clinique. I have no experience with their concealers though. 

 

 

I went to a Shisedo store and the makeup ladies helped me.  I bought one.  The concealers are apparently non-comedogenic but sometimes I don't fully trust labels!

 

Thanks everybody! s-l225.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katchitup    0

Can we talk about how Rihanna's foundation is just about the best thing to ever happen?! Tried a sample out today and it is amazing! Great finish, a little product goes a long way (you get a lot of product in the bottle too) and its only like $30! Recommend any makeup lovers here try it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toodarnhot    0

Everyboulevard has already heard me bitch about this several times, but I LOATHE the Fenty Foundation. It's literally the worst foundation I've ever put on my skin. :rofl:  And I generally gravitate towards matte foundations, but Fenty was terrible to blend out for me, oxidized horribly, didn't wear well throughout the day, and accentuated all the texture in my skin. I've tried it 4 or 5 different times, with brushes, sponges, with and without the Fenty primer, etc and it doesn't work for me no matter what I do with it. 

 

I also bought the gloss from her line, and it's pretty enough, but honestly, go buy a drugstore gloss and save your coins. It's nothing spectacular, and it smells like the Lipsmackers I would buy when I was nine. If you wanna splurge, get a Buxom gloss for the same price, and you'll be so much happier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katchitup    0

I love the foundation! I don't have much to cover and I think I just really like the finish on it. (Matte, with a hint of sheen/dewyness?). It definitely isn't full coverage I'll give you that. And the more you blend it out the patchier it gets. But you just have to continue to work it. 

 

I got several compliments on my skin the first day I wore it which was pretty cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toodarnhot    0

20% Off Sale started today- anyone have any products they're eyeing or planning to restock on during the sale? I bought a couple Bite lip products last night, and am planning on getting some cleanser and moisturizer once I do a little more research. Also planning on picking up some Colourpop now that Sephora is carrying it so I won't have to pay for international shipping, although I believe it's excluded from the 20% off. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scarlet    0
On 20/10/2017 at 6:21 AM, toodarnhot said:

Everyboulevard has already heard me bitch about this several times, but I LOATHE the Fenty Foundation. It's literally the worst foundation I've ever put on my skin. :rofl:  And I generally gravitate towards matte foundations, but Fenty was terrible to blend out for me, oxidized horribly, didn't wear well throughout the day, and accentuated all the texture in my skin. I've tried it 4 or 5 different times, with brushes, sponges, with and without the Fenty primer, etc and it doesn't work for me no matter what I do with it. 

 

I also bought the gloss from her line, and it's pretty enough, but honestly, go buy a drugstore gloss and save your coins. It's nothing spectacular, and it smells like the Lipsmackers I would buy when I was nine. If you wanna splurge, get a Buxom gloss for the same price, and you'll be so much happier. 

 

 

Fenty foundation feels the same as the Catrice's HD but worse. I have both but I never seem to blend fenty's well enough to cover, it always looks awfull. Also, the highlighters are kind of hard to work with. I have the Killawatt and the softest side doesn't even show up in my skin and the more intense one is always too much. I feel like when the hype dies, everybody will see how overrated it was to begin with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

toodarnhot    0
8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

 

 

Fenty foundation feels the same as the Catrice's HD but worse. I have both but I never seem to blend fenty's well enough to cover, it always looks awfull. Also, the highlighters are kind of hard to work with. I have the Killawatt and the softest side doesn't even show up in my skin and the more intense one is always too much. I feel like when the hype dies, everybody will see how overrated it was to begin with

Preach.

I’m so glad I got the deluxe sample from Sephora instead of spending my money on the full sized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scarlet    0
Just now, toodarnhot said:

Preach.

I’m so glad I got the deluxe sample from Sephora instead of spending my money on the full sized. 

 

Don't tell me about it :sad: I regret it a little. The lipgloss is actually really nice if you're into lipglosses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katchitup    0

I don't know why, but the Fenty Foundation just works hella good on my skin. I find it to be a really good deal for the amount of product you get too. 

 

My go to is the Lancome stick foundation, but it's pretty expensive and the product doesn't go a long way. If you go to Yonkers they are having some hella good deals on makeup purchases. My mom bought a Lancome gift set for $65 and it included 2 full size mascaras (pretty sure those are already $25 a piece) plus a full sized makeup remover, two lipsticks, two lip gloss's, 2 mini eye shadow pallet's (ehh) and a sample perfume. Plus it comes in a large black tote with a tassel and is super cute!

 

Pretty sure all the other brands in Yonkers like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, etc. are doing similar gift box's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×