Bellazon

Makeup Wishlist

JazzyJas2.0

I personally boycott Kylie because I find her business practices awful, and her products vastly overrated. :idk: You can find equivalent products at lower prices imo. 

Just for a comparison- that particular palette is $42 for 12.6 grams, so $3.35/gram. Makeup Geek is the same cost per gram, but I’ve always heard the product is better. (Although you have the extra cost of a Z palette, but the trade off is getting exactly the colours you want rather than only liking 5 or 6 out of the 9.) 

Off topic from the purples but still on eyeshadow, I think my new palette will be from Juvia’s Place. They look like they have INSANE colour payoff, and are pretty affordable. (Around $2.25/gram.) 

Also, anyone have any recommendations for a good B.B. cream? 

I’m trying to move away from wearing foundation all the time but I still have a lot of discolouration and scarring that I’m not 100% comfortable with yet so I just want something light but will just even things out a little. 

On 12/8/2017 at 5:12 PM, toodarnhot said:

Also, anyone have any recommendations for a good B.B. cream? 

I’m trying to move away from wearing foundation all the time but I still have a lot of discolouration and scarring that I’m not 100% comfortable with yet so I just want something light but will just even things out a little. 

I always loved the Aveeno CC cream. Very moisturizing with a nice finish and coverage. Very comfortable too. That was always my go-to for the no makeup "makeup" look.

About Kylie I don't really like her or think she's passionate about what she does which is why I haven't bought anything from her yet. But from what I've tried the products are decent and are priced decent as well. I would compare her prices similar to Anastasia which I buy all the time. Besides the purples in that palette I do like the other shades too so I might just give it a whirl to see how Kylie's shadows compare to my holy grail Anastasia shadows. 

I also really want the new Kat Von D saint and sinner pallete but I don't think I can swing the $60 price point ?

Just got this Smashbox Holiday gift set. 15 large eyeshadow pans, contour, bronzer, highlight and blush. And for only $30! What an amazing deal. Never really swatched Smashbox eyeshadows but they feel pretty nice. A lot of great colors in this set too.

http://www.ulta.com/drawn-in-decked-out-shadow-contour-blush-palette?productId=xlsImpprod16781037

• 1 month later...

Damn, Anastasia Beverly Hills needs to slow down with how many new products they are releasing :laugh: 

Out of all the new launches from her brand, anything must haves for you guys? (Soft Glam Palette, new bronzers, highlighter, new liquid lipstick shades)

Not crazy about the Soft Glam palette, though I'm digging the color scheme more than Prism or Subculture. You just can't beat Modern Renaissance. :heart:  I'd be curious to see how their bronzers perform. I really like my Too Faced Chocolate soleil. 

This new liquid lipstick is calling my name though :cry:

For the sake of my wallet, I have honestly stopped paying attention to the make up world, and haven't bought anything in months, apart from restocking foundation/cleanser, and have found that I really already have more make up than I know what to do with. :rofl: Soft Glam looks pretty, but honestly doesn't look like anything I don't already have from ABH (between my Mario/MR/Couture palettes.) 

^I know I"ve really reeled it back too. Around Christmas I decided to clean out my makeup and I threw away sooo much and still had soo much :laugh: I swear I have thousands of liquid lips that are all pinkie mauve colors (but they have different undertones, I swear :laugh: ) @toodarnhot Not to mention, I think the Soft Glam pallet has three repeat shades, so it's a no from me. I really wanted the Mario Pallet, I hate that they don't sell it anymore :cry: 

I've gone to just re-buying my staple pieces.

I don't know if you guys have ever tried Gerard cosmetics (I know they are kind of an influencer brand) but I have this lip liner pencil in the shade "Cher" and it is the bomb! I just reordered another after I ordered my first last year.  Slightly darker than my natural lip color, perfect for lip contouring and making the lips look bigger than what they are. They are super creamy and pigmented, worth the money for sure. 

https://www.gerardcosmetics.com/lip-pencil.html

I haven’t tried any of Rosie’s line yet, but her IG story caught my eye this morning after the upset about Tarte’s lack of shade inclusion, and with companies like Fenty providing amazing shade ranges. 

Really Rosie? 8 shades, and 7 of them are off white? That’s honestly insanely disappointing. 

088C495F-BBCC-4C37-9F26-D7034E5E8909.png 861DD939-9E5A-4F94-8735-8C45C4E132FC.png

^Are people calling her out for it? Come on that's just stupid at this point. I'm white and pretty sure a majority of those shades are too light for me, how is anyone any darker or with different undertones supposed to find any shade match? It's ridiculous. I hope they get called out on it, it's a shame people of color are just an after thought. It's ignoring an entire market that spends tons of cash on makeup :cain: 

Like you guys I haven't been buying makeup either. Last thing I bought was a highlighter from e.l.f. around Christmas  and I for the life of me can't figure out using it best. 

Gerard Cosmetics gets a no from me after the owner was on snapchat calling a  youtuber who gave a negative review the ugliest person ever. The whole foundation shade range thing makes me roll my eyes because there are brands out there with large shade ranges (looking at you Fenty Beauty and MUFE) that not having even a quarter of those ranges just seems stupid. These limited launches from brands could do so much better. 

On 2/16/2018 at 11:56 AM, katchitup said:

^Are people calling her out for it? Come on that's just stupid at this point. I'm white and pretty sure a majority of those shades are too light for me, how is anyone any darker or with different undertones supposed to find any shade match? It's ridiculous. I hope they get called out on it, it's a shame people of color are just an after thought. It's ignoring an entire market that spends tons of cash on makeup :cain: 

I actually sent a tweet out to M&S support just to see if they would respond, and was utterly ignored. :cain: 

On 2/17/2018 at 10:51 AM, everyboulevard said:

Gerard Cosmetics gets a no from me after the owner was on snapchat calling a  youtuber who gave a negative review the ugliest person ever. 

OMG thats terrible. I had Immature makeup CEO's doing crap like this. Some of these brands have no respect.

@toodarnhot I have no idea why they would do something like this. It's just straight up dumb business. There are literally no shades for even medium complexion girls. Rosie herself may not even be able to find a shade like WTF. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the opportunity to try some Makeup Revolution here in the States for the first time! Some of my thoughts:

Brow Pomade- Pretty nice for $9. Really competes with Anastasia, even though Anastasia is still better. But for less than half the price? Worth it. The brush they give you to use with it is dinky though, use a different brow brush and you'll be fine.

Concealer- I know everyone raved this concealer was comparable to Shape Tape, but this stuff creased like no other in the undereyes :cry: I really wanted it to work. Then again the coverage is nice, and wouldn't be bad for covering up some spots. I mean it was also only $9, so I'm not too mad about it. Probably won't repurchase it though.

Liquid Highlighter - A little of this goes a looooonnngggg way. Has a little too much microglitter in it for me, but the glow is there. I would recommend this for sure. 

Anybody have any favorite Makeup Revolution products? They had tons of eyeshadow pallets that were blatant dupes for Anastasia ones.