Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

@frenchkiki I'm not a huge fan of "French fries", but it's true that the best fries I ever ate were in Brussels. There's a place (I don't remember the name) that's famous for it (among many others, so I can't remember its name - it's in a kind of kiosk on a square, that's all I remember :laugh:) and they're delicious.

Apparently, the Belgian fries are better because they fry the potatoes twice. :bounce:

16 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@frenchkiki I'm not a huge fan of "French fries", but it's true that the best fries I ever ate were in Brussels. There's a place (I don't remember the name) that's famous for it (among many others, so I can't remember its name - it's in a kind of kiosk on a square, that's all I remember :laugh:) and they're delicious.

Apparently, the Belgian fries are better because they fry the potatoes twice. :bounce:

Fried twice at different temperatures, first time they go in is to poach the potatoes. Second time is to actually make the fries nice and crispy.

And the type of potato used is also important. In Belgium it's mostly some variation of so-called "bintjes".

19 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

And !! They have to use beef/and or pork fat to fry them ! No vegetable oils ! Never !

@Matt!  

@SympathysSilhouette  @Enrico_sw

https://www.google.com/search?q=lend+lease+act+ukraine&oq=lend+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j69i65l2j69i60l3.1116j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Lend Lease act for Ukraine is the biggest arms deal so far in the war, self-propelled artillery pieces could be immediately delievered.  It might become decisive if the war continues after the battle for Donbass.  The previous gifts from NATO were trinkets compared to this.

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

@Matt!  

https://www.google.com/search?q=lend+lease+act+ukraine&oq=lend+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j69i65l2j69i60l3.1116j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Lend Lease act for Ukraine is the biggest arms deal so far in the war, self-propelled artillery pieces could be immediately delievered.  It might become decisive if the war continues after the battle for Donbass.  The previous gifts from NATO were trinkets compared to this.

I really hope you're right. The Ukrainians need tanks, fighter jets, artillery and missile defense systems, I hope NATO can deliver.  

On April 30th the Chechens sent another 10,000 National Guard/police forces to the Ukraine.

Now US "senior defense officials"/Pentagon are telling the press that the Russians have activated an additional 60,000 reservists for the Ukraine.

Also, as of 4/6 there are "40 battalion tactical groups" behind the frontline, preparing to attack.

Looks like creation of the Donets bridgehead with 3 armored divisions is an strategic offensive-preliminary.

19 hours ago, Matt! said:

I really hope you're right. The Ukrainians need tanks, fighter jets, artillery and missile defense systems, I hope NATO can deliver.  

I have been hoping that the war will be over after the Donbass but now, with the reservists activated it looks like Putin is escalating the war... He has not formly declared war on Ukraine yet so it is still illegal for Russia to use conscripts.

So the lend-lease will come into play later on.  

On 4/7/2022 at 11:51 PM, Cult Icon said:

@Matt!  

Putin's war objectives seem more and more blurry. I once thought it was only about Donbass and Ukraine neutrality, but I'm really not sure.

In any case, things are getting messy and the Ukrainians do need gear.

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Putin's war objectives seem more and more blurry. I once thought it was only about Donbass and Ukraine neutrality, but I'm really not sure.

In any case, things are getting messy and the Ukrainians do need gear.

Yes, a very weird war and their goals aren't clear.   Just limited territorial concessions or do they want the whole thing?  A critical aspect is how Russia didn't declare war on Ukraine, so they are using only a small army.  If they declare war it changes everything, it means that they will try to take over the whole country.  

It looks like Putin is dragging Russia and Ukraine to hell.  Everyone loses horribly.  The Russians are in the process of reducing the Donbass salient, and in the coming days/weeks will launch a big offensive.  Yesterday's news was that they replaced their theater commander with a Syria veteran (1st General of the Syrian campaign). 

Another possibility is that the Donbass offensive is another strategic deception and the real offensive will be coming from the South, which has low-tactical density and open/tank friendly terrain.

I remember from following this in the first weeks that the Russians seemed to have the easiest progress in the South, and they also committed relatively few forces than the North and East.

18 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

One theory now is that Putin has retreated behind the new front lines to lure the best Ukrainian units into an area where it will be easier to destroy them.

Once that is done, his earlier ambitions for Kiev will be restored.

They already lured some Ukrianian brigades into the Izyum bridgehead.  I suspect that if they intend on fighting this battle, it will be more like a grinding military operation with airpower/artillery leading than the armor/IFV/VDV led political coup/-police operation on Feb 24th.  Basically like Mariuopol. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:49 AM, Cult Icon said:

DRP Militamen in Mariupol.  As of April 7th the DRP has reported  979 KIA, 4,265 WIA.   Minimum 25% of DRP personnel is out of action.  The LPR has around 600 KIA.

The first man looks like the Punisher:

1yig0qtyvrs81.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&yub74rtyvrs81.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&27vwxnuyvrs81.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&jp255styvrs81.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

Mariupol%20Battle%20Map%20Draft%20April%Luhansk%20Battle%20Map%20Draft%20April%2

These look like scenes from Metro last light........