Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

18 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ Honestly, the game's graphics are good, but it's not a revolution. The gameplay is lazy IMHO. I'm playing Remnant: from the ashes, at the moment, and that's what I call a good gameplay.

I think the art, motion capture, animation, and graphics are first class and appropriate to the game.  The gameplay has limited room to evolve, but yeah I can see it getting better.

The biggest issue I have is that the physical abilities and extreme killing abilities of a 110 pound crack addict is very repulsive to watch, giving it a "very fake" feel.  Abby of course is disgusting to look at- basically the game's story and characters are generally disgusting.

the most important resource in the world is TIME, not money, power, fame, property, externals.  The Stoics were right and public education, economics, business, political & popular culture sees TIME as a disposable resource to be used to get other things.  Modern man puts a far too low value on TIME.  

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/30/21307200/the-last-of-us-2-controversy-critics-press-naughty-dog-vice-review-leak-sony-ps4-playstation

While the vast majority of reviews have lavished The Last of Us Part 2 with all sorts of praise, a handful of outlets — Polygon included — have been slightly more critical of the blockbuster game. According to Zacny, Vice’s review prompted a Sony representative to reach out on behalf of Naughty Dog.

On behalf of Naughty dog, Sony is pressuring journalists that don't worship the Last of Us part 2. Lovely  :smoker:

7B4T.gif

Neil Druckmann is "the Rian Johnson of gaming". Every time he makes a mistake, he doubles down.:ninja:

The sales of the "Last Jedi of Us part 2" have already decreased by a lot. It's uncanny to see how history repeats itself.

Neil Druckmann is a folly-fallen zealot... he has completely lost it. He's willing to do anything to promote his game, like intimidating journalists that don't behave like brown-nosers, taking down youtubers that criticize him (even slightly), asking twitter to delete accounts, calling any critical gamer a "Russian trollbot".

It's Rian Johnson all over again. These guys know how to manipulate weak-minded journalists and play the media like a fiddle. :ermm:

This world is absolutely ridiculous. Now, it's forbidden to act.

BTW, I'm shocked that they didn't ask Churchill to play in his movie in 2017. Only Churchill can play Churchill. Well, the same goes for Ghandi, Freddie Mercury, Napoleon or Nicholas II. Why didn't they ask them? Gee, I really wonder why :rolleyes:  When people bow down before the bullies, things get ugly.

Being compassionate should not be incompatible with using brains... :ermm:

LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD tweeted that they were pleased (...) and urged other powerful people to do the same

Soo, it's all about power. :smoker:

^ also, I'm shocked that they didn't go to the galaxy far far away to find the actor that played Anakin..... Wookies should be played by wookies and E.T. should've been played by E.T. Dogs in cartoons should be dubbed by dogs. Ain't that dogphobia if they aren't?  :smoker:

On 6/10/2020 at 4:54 PM, Enrico_sw said:

The American "civilization" is the continuation of the European civilization in the new world. 

per my June 11th post, I was not referring at all to grand scale theories such as that.  McNamara was part of a wave of political leaders that was still riding high on American dominance, success, and a rather naive/religious faith in logic, technology, and superior weapons.  They were a product of the 1940s/1950s.  "The Next American century" was a cultural mantra of sorts, complete with visions of flying cars.  You know the game "Bioshock", Ayn Rand? Influenced by that time too.

McNamara managed the war in the way he knew best, with statistical analysis and analytical presentations- basically how he worked as a strategic planner in WW2.  As the schemes failed, he turned into an earlier Donald Rumsfeld as he overpromised and underdelivered.  

However the conflict in Vietnam required more than just firepower superiority, it required political will, appropriate organization, special ideas, expertise, etc., and a much more militarized society- aspects that the administration didn't have. 

The tragedy behind this, and Vietnam is how it dramatically changed the course of American culture/political history. The WHAT IF- to this is if America was as effective as the Roman Republic/Imperial Rome at war while at the same time retained its freedoms and cultural good-will.  My thinking is that one can't have both, they have to chose between liberty and militarism. 

If McNamara's schemes succeeded and the US won the war, it would have demonstrated the superiority of the American system in a profound way & changed the course of the Cold War and make-up of American society.

Overall, the "greatness" of America in the global overview will probably be considered somewhat brief.  I think future historians may put the US as a global superpower in the 1950s-1990s.  It ends in 2001 with 9-11 and the war on terror and comes full circle with the Great Recession.   The US had a 50-year run with a good economy and society.  The Roman empire had 200 good years.

• 2 weeks later...

@Stromboli1

I missed the indoctrination too, but I hold Libertarian views on it though. Nobody should be obligated to accept anyone's lifestyle and the government shouldn't be enforcing it.

I hate the indoctrination of this crap in schools and other governmental entities. The LGBT shilling by businesses, politicians, sports, corporations, etc is so transparently fake it's disgusting.

LGBT vs Feminism & LGBT vs Islam will be so delicious by them calculating the oppressive points each group has and claims they're the most oppressed."

Yes, it's bit like their interests have infiltrated society in a way that was not the case in the 1990s.  When I see super liberals and younger people talk about these things it comes across that they have been turned into pawns of groups that don't include them.  

However, that's the way life is and human history is.  It's random and the bad guys or, in this case, the queer guys :D can win for a very long time and pass away with a big legacy.  US political history is really also a competition of whose interests are heard/influence society and whose interests do not.   It is not really a logical process, it's which group can proliferate into influence structures.

Libertarianism is also an ideology/indoctrination system as well.  Have you heard of Ayn Rand and other libertarian philosophers/economists?  They created the foundation for its thinking, theories, and assumptions that has been driving a lot of the Alt Right and Right wing rhetoric ever since.  I find that the majority of clever but also bogus right wing rhetoric is often routed in old school theories, that proliferated through the flow of information through time.  

The left is the same thing, a lot of decades and even centuries old garbage gets recycled and presented as a new idea.

Ultimately all the "isms" in politics today have very serious flaws and don't really hold up well to the facts.  I have been very fatigued of national politics for a very long time and the past few years have been the final straw.

The more I learn about Hinduism and Buddhism-  the more impressive it is from the perspective of resilience building.  Billions of very poor Indians and Asians were adherents to it for 2,500+ years.  However it seems extremely anti-capitalistic, as people who reach high levels of enlightenment have mastered desire and have no need to chase phantoms- something absolutely essential for a capitalistic culture.

Signaling virtuous victimhood as indicators of Dark Triad personalities.

Link

According to new research by the University of British Columbia’s Ekin Ok and colleagues (2020), there are indeed fake “virtuous victims” who take advantage of the “resource extraction” strategies used by actual victims who deserve those resources. These self-proclaimed victims realize that they can make unreasonable demands of others, and not have to answer for their inexcusable behavior.

(...)

These individuals “guilelessly deploy a range of manipulative strategies for personal gain” through what the authors refer to as “victim signaling”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/fulfillment-any-age/202007/the-newest-way-narcissist-may-try-manipulate-you

Very interesting study.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, Cult Icon said:

Yes, it's bit like their interests have infiltrated society in a way that was not the case in the 1990s.  When I see super liberals and younger people talk about these things it comes across that they have been turned into pawns of groups that don't include them.  

However, that's the way life is and human history is.  It's random and the bad guys or, in this case, the queer guys :D can win for a very long time and pass away with a big legacy.  US political history is really also a competition of whose interests are heard/influence society and whose interests do not.   It is not really a logical process, it's which group can proliferate into influence structures.

Libertarianism is also an ideology/indoctrination system as well.  Have you heard of Ayn Rand and other libertarian philosophers/economists?  They created the foundation for its thinking, theories, and assumptions that has been driving a lot of the Alt Right and Right wing rhetoric ever since.  I find that the majority of clever but also bogus right wing rhetoric is often routed in old school theories, that proliferated through the flow of information through time.  

The left is the same thing, a lot of decades and even centuries old garbage gets recycled and presented as a new idea.

Ultimately all the "isms" in politics today have very serious flaws and don't really hold up well to the facts.  I have been very fatigued of national politics for a very long time and the past few years have been the final straw.

I've had it explained to me that G Mafia and other groups have been playing the long game while conservatives are playing the short game. Conservatives need to evolve and step up their game. Of course younger people are indoctrinated and used as pawns of greater interests. We've already seen this authoritarianism before in the 80s and early 90s which was from the right, but they never had control of all of the institutions. What's going on now is the left''s version of authoritarianism (moral authoritarianism) and they control all of the institutions too. We all know when the right goes too far, but not the left. 

I don't like big government at all which is basically like the Mafia. What incentive does the government have to become better and more efficient?

My only indoctrination with Libertarianism is from myself which is basically don't mess with me and I won't mess with you (govt and people). I've heard of Ayn Rand before, but don't read her or other libertarian philosophers/economists.

All political parties and factions are allergic to facts if it doesn't fit their agenda...................... I guess the truth must be really boring. :rofl: I think many people are sick of national politics right now, but those people have been replaced with indoctrinated newbies. I really do think the MSM is the main cause of the division in the country while also trying to incite a race war. I do not trust the MSM at all.