Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

The American Press Is Destroying Itself

But police violence, and Trump’s daily assaults on the presidential competence standard, are only part of the disaster. On the other side of the political aisle, among self-described liberals, we’re watching an intellectual revolution. It feels liberating to say after years of tiptoeing around the fact, but the American left has lost its mind. It’s become a cowardly mob of upper-class social media addicts, Twitter Robespierres who move from discipline to discipline torching reputations and jobs with breathtaking casualness.

The leaders of this new movement are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry, and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats, and intimidation. They are counting on the guilt-ridden, self-flagellating nature of traditional American progressives, who will not stand up for themselves, and will walk to the Razor voluntarily.

They’ve conned organization after organization into empowering panels to search out thoughtcrime, and it’s established now that anything can be an offense, from a UCLA professor placed under investigation for reading Martin Luther King’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” out loud to a data scientist fired* from a research firm for — get this — retweeting an academic study suggesting nonviolent protests may be more politically effective than violent ones!

Now, this madness is coming for journalism. Beginning on Friday, June 5th, a series of controversies rocked the media. By my count, at least eight news organizations dealt with internal uprisings (it was likely more). Most involved groups of reporters and staffers demanding the firing or reprimand of colleagues who’d made politically “problematic” editorial or social media decisions.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-news-media-is-destroying-itself

Nintendo Marketing Representative and Partnered Twitch Streamer Sloane ‘Skipper’ Wolf Praises Shake Shack Because “They Poison Cops”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/06/17/nintendo-marketing-representative-and-partnered-twitch-streamer-sloane-skipper-wolf-praises-shake-shack-because-they-poison-cops/

Such a loooovely girl. Full of love and tolerance... :rolleyes:

:/

There is some swearing and very unpolitically correct in these dark times. 
If you are offended with such, you have been warned. 
George Carlin and his thoughts on soft language. 

It was true then, and I’d say it’s even more so today. 

His other routines could be applicable as well. 
Take the one about being politically correct was done in the 80’s. 

the part about context and that words in and of themselves are not bad words. It becomes bad when the context changes. 

To those of you who do not like swearing and using words today that were ok through to the last few years will probably be upset and all that. You have been warned! 

The Entertainment (Re-education) Industry taking a dump on Aliens, Forrest Gump, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Splash, Cowboy Bebop (and many more) is problematic. Or shall I put it this way?

That's what Disney and their vandal buddies look like now:

https://www.history.com/.image/t_share/MTU3ODc4NjAzNTIxNzMwMjcx/image-placeholder-title.jpg

Lincoln and US Grant statues now?? The president of the Union and the leader of the Union army.... I'm not even American and I know this.

What - in - the - actual - fuck - is - wrong - with - these - people? And then, nobody says anything. The USA is a self-destructing country and that's sad to watch.

11 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Lincoln and US Grant statues now?? The president of the Union and the leader of the Union army.... I'm not even American and I know this.

What - in - the - actual - fuck - is - wrong - with - these - people? And then, nobody says anything. The USA is a self-destructing country and that's sad to watch.

This is getting fucking bad.
This is getting more fucking ridiculous by the second! 

I’m offended by THE IDIOTS being offended just because someone might be offended, so THE IDIOTS are offended for them. 

I’m usually a liberal independent, and because I’m a “L” I don’t want to be lumped in with all this shit. 

Covid-19 infection rate in the US is rising again. We now have the most amount of infections. 

It has not been said in the media and government that this could be related to 1) the loosening of the shelter in place demands, and 2) all of the multi person gatherings and 3) not wearing masks when outside and in public spaces. 

I doubt that the above reasons will ever be admitted.

/rant off

22 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

This is getting fucking bad.
This is getting more fucking ridiculous by the second! 

I’m offended by THE IDIOTS being offended just because someone might be offended, so THE IDIOTS are offended for them.

I agree and the extremists are going to spawn extremists on the other side. If moderates don't call out extremist behaviours (wherever they come from), then the extremists of all kinds will reinforce themselves and shit's gonna become worse every day. :/

The Last of US II turns out to be a commercial success despite the story.  Not unsurprising as entertainment media has been successful despite LGBT reframing:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/26/the-last-of-us-part-ii-sells-more-than-4-million-copies/

"We’re delighted to report that The Last of Us Part II is now the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive ever with more than 4 million copies sold through as of June 21. This milestone would not have been reached without the support from our amazing fans, so on behalf of everyone at SIE, thank you! "