Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

If you are wondering why so many models and celebrities flocked to Saudi-Arabia for that photo op this weekend, supposedly some of the attendees got up to eight figures for their presence. 🤯

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

The women dancing and having fun in this video would be imprisoned, tortured and possibly worse if they behaved the same way as Saudi women.

I shouldn't be surprised that celebs are so easily bought. I am still shocked by it.

They'll still go home to their countries and lecture us about this and that.

I wonder how many of them did a gift exchange over there to get into the festive mood. :nicole:

There's always been something improbable and fake about Dubai, a city that couldn't have grown to its level without oil revenues supporting its development and the way its works- flush with  cash- attracts an international labor supply flowing in.  Tacky and tasteless.  

Those middle Eastern princes and oil barons and so forth.. like Russian oligarchs they just don't deserve to be the richest and the most powerful people in the world.

I'm seeing a lot of hypocrisy in the body positivity movement's reaction to Adele's weight loss.

I've seen baseless claims of eating disorders, the notion that she only lost the weight through some form of self-hate...

Isn't the central belief of their entire movement that people should be allowed to feel good about their bodies regardless what shape or size it is? So shouldn't this apply just as much to the thinner Adele as it did to the fatter Adele?

On 12/24/2019 at 8:52 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

I'm seeing a lot of hypocrisy in the body positivity movement's reaction to Adele's weight loss.

I've seen baseless claims of eating disorders, the notion that she only lost the weight through some form of self-hate...

Isn't the central belief of their entire movement that people should be allowed to feel good about their bodies regardless what shape or size it is? So shouldn't this apply just as much to the thinner Adele as it did to the fatter Adele?

Hypocrisy is in everything these days. 

Adele has a youngling and I’ve see lots of women lose weight just keeping up with their kids. My mom did. 

Yes! Well said, and I agree completely!

On Monday, December 23, 2019 at 1:40 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

I've seen the presence confirmed of Alessandra Ambrosio, Olivia Culpo, Nadine Leopold, Cindy Bruna, Winnie Harlow, Stella Maxwell, Jourdan Dunn, Irina Shayk, Romee Strijd, Joan Smalls, Elsa Hosk and Rose Bertram for that music festival in Saudi-Arabia. Any models I missed who were also there?

https://fashionista.com/.amp/2019/12/mdl-beast-saudi-arabia-models-influencers-controversy

+

Halima Aden :cain:
Megan Williams
Yovanna Ventura
Lorena Rae
Imaan Hammam
Sanne Vloet
Isabeli Fontana
Hana Cross

Martha Hunt and Emily Ratajkowski both publicly stated they were invited to attend the trip but declined, with Hunt noting on her Instagram Story: "I stand in solidarity with the repressed people of Saudi Arabia and refuse to be used as a campaign to cover up those suffering from injustice. I encourage other influencers to make informed monetized decisions based on social conscience and integrity."

24 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

If money wasn't involved a lot of these corporations and companies wouldn't give a shit about social issues.

Do they really care or is it all about the Benjamin's?

I think some of the companies started out caring about issues, but once they became   corporations and conglomerates the caring of issues became the first thing that was dropped, for whatever reason they give. Because there is no profit in those. 

2 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I think some of the companies started out caring about issues, but once they became   corporations and conglomerates the caring of issues became the first thing that was dropped, for whatever reason they give. Because there is no profit in those. 

Yeah probably, but before the 80's because greed is good.