Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

On 7/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Cult Icon said:

Andy Kaufman is not funny and his act would be considered racist today

To put it cynically but honestly, I've a feeling, as would probably be the case with some of his peers as well, that Kaufman has a better reputation now than if he'd been alive and still working today.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Dude everything's racist nowadays. :laugh:

Hubs and I were watching the 1970 movie M*A*S*H and were talking about that topic. If you watched damn near everything I watched on TV growing up with today’s ideals and morals, you’d mostly not enjoy it and be severely uncomfortable and even angry.

You have to put things into perspective. The accepted culture of the day.

Like Mad Men; today, that office wouldn’t fly. 

On 7/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, Stromboli1 said:

It's like equating different generations of sports stars to each other.

Sport stars, Actors, Comedians, all that change with the times. 

Things are changing faster these days it seems. 

Or it it could be that I’m just an old broad. (Maybe):p

3 hours ago, Michael* said:

To put it cynically but honestly, I've a feeling, as would probably be the case with some of his peers as well, that Kaufman has a better reputation now than if he'd been alive and still working today.

Quite possibly true.

5 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Hubs and I were watching the 1970 movie M*A*S*H and were talking about that topic. If you watched damn near everything I watched on TV growing up with today’s ideals and morals, you’d mostly not enjoy it and be severely uncomfortable and even angry.

You have to put things into perspective. The accepted culture of the day.

Like Mad Men; today, that office wouldn’t fly.

The funny thing is that a lot of those shows and movies were progressive for the time. I don't think even The Office would even fly today. I would love to see Married with Children premiere in this day and age. :laugh:

5 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Sport stars, Actors, Comedians, all that change with the times. 

Things are changing faster these days it seems. 

Or it it could be that I’m just an old broad. (Maybe):p

Comedians have to write jokes now won't be offensive 10 years from now. I think that people in general are so confused with what's acceptable and what isn't. Then those things change from weeks to months too. I laugh at the circular firing squad culture now. Free speech is being suppressed when it doesn't fit the narrative. The worst of all is being labeled racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, etc when someone disagrees with you. That's dangerous rhetoric. Lastly you have these so called high profile progressives espousing "By any means necessary" now. It's building up like a powder keg and something really bad is going to happen. :no:

Just keep us Gen Xers out of it!! :blah:

But you are right about the rhetoric these days. Look at Kevin Hart, he made a tweet what, ten years ago? And how many times has it been brought back up, even after he’s made how many apologies? 

Paula Dean, and Bill Maher are two others that come to mind as well. Lily Reinhardt put a pic on IG that was to most, an innocent joke about a Halloween costume. “Finally found a costume that is as dark as my heart.” She posted and it was an all black nymph costume complete with black body paint. And she was jumped on about being racist and forced to issue an apology very soon after, because she “might have” offended someone. 

Politically incorrect, SJE, just too many out there just looking for an excuse to jump onto the SJW bandwagon to get attention. 

I think my eyes popped out from eye rolling so much. 

3 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Just keep us Gen Xers out of it!! :blah:

They'll be coming you guys too! :yes:

3 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

But you are right about the rhetoric these days. Look at Kevin Hart, he made a tweet what, ten years ago? And how many times has it been brought back up, even after he’s made how many apologies? 

Paula Dean, and Bill Maher are two others that come to mind as well. Lily Reinhardt put a pic on IG that was to most, an innocent joke about a Halloween costume. “Finally found a costume that is as dark as my heart.” She posted and it was an all black nymph costume complete with black body paint. And she was jumped on about being racist and forced to issue an apology very soon after, because she “might have” offended someone. 

Politically incorrect, SJE, just too many out there just looking for an excuse to jump onto the SJW bandwagon to get attention. 

I think my eyes popped out from eye rolling so much.

As if people can't change and grow. I really do think most of the SJWs are just bored while having no meaning in their life that want to fix everything without looking within first. Also a lot of them are hypocrites that become what they're fighting against which is hilarious. The worst part is the identity politics.