Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

2 minutes ago, Lyla said:

I think yes.

And now that I googled it, it would be quite an expensive trip :D. I'd take Brussels.... :p No,my next plan is Rome.

To bad, that's the mushroom season lol

Did you knew i'm able to talk Italian ? :p 

2 hours ago, jj3 said:

I find pretty funny to go in the US, in New England, to find a beautiful fall themed landscape, while we have the same all around here :D But yes, for some to simply go in the deep countryside around here is a way bigger travel than to take the taxi to go at the airport and to leave for another country ... 

I get what you are saying. :D If you already live in a place that gets all four seasons, then it might not be as special. But I was thinking in terms of where I would go to spend a honeymoon if I didn’t choose a typical location i.e. a beach or some famous city. And since they were already thinking of Boston as a place they would like to visit for their honeymoon…. :D

Personally, I would save a historical sightseeing tour for a vacation after the honeymoon or have it during the dating period. But people have different interests and most couples nowadays have lived together for a long time before getting married, so they might not really be in the honeymoon stage anymore. So, a vacation that has a lot of activities and places to see might be more for them rather than being loved up.

2 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

New England is so overrated!!! :laugh: 

Why is that? :D

4 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I get what you are saying. :D If you already live in a place that gets all four seasons, then it might not be as special. But I was thinking in terms of where I would go to spend a honeymoon if I didn’t choose a typical location i.e. a beach or some famous city. And since they were already thinking of Boston as a place they would like to visit for their honeymoon…. :D

Personally, I would save a historical sightseeing tour for a vacation after the honeymoon or have it during the dating period. But people have different interests and most couples nowadays have lived together for a long time before getting married, so they might not really be in the honeymoon stage anymore. So, a vacation that has a lot of activities and places to see might be more for them rather than being loved up.

Yes, true. 

54 minutes ago, Lyla said:

You just said : 

That's offensive. and the whole content is that. When i was only trying to chear up a friend of mine. Your reaction was the totally unnecessary one.

Well it wasn't my intention to hurt you or upset you, but I don't think your reaction to my post was necessary either. 

Like I already said I don't really think my post had a unkind tone to it.

3 hours ago, jj3 said:

I find pretty funny to go in the US, in New England, to find a beautiful fall themed landscape, while we have the same all around here :D But yes, for some to simply go in the deep countryside around here is a way bigger travel than to take the taxi to go at the airport and to leave for another country ... 

F New England, go eat some BBQ instead in the Southern states. :chicken:

42 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@jj3 Why are they going to Virginia? If I recall right, it’s a very wealthy place though...

Not sure if they went in Virginia in the end. They visited some Amish village, but not sure where it was, actually :D  

1 minute ago, jj3 said:

Not sure if they went in Virginia in the end. They visited some Amish village, but not sure where it was, actually :D  

Hah, Amish village! They have a weird thing going on… And apparently, they are into puppy mills so they are not as quaint and innocent as they seem!

18 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Hah, Amish village! They have a weird thing going on… And apparently, they are into puppy mills so they are not as quaint and innocent as they seem!

I know lol That's why i find the whole travel "???" :D 

31 minutes ago, jj3 said:

Pennsylvania?  I was in the Amish area for about a week in the summer.  There is a tourist area there.  It's fun for about a day.

Most of the touristy towns in New England are romantic, very scenic, and worth visiting for several hours.  They are a throwback to the past- some of them have not changed much in decades.    But they require a lot of driving in-between- not the most practical for a tour bus or whatever it is.

eg. Mystic seaport in CT,  and  Stowe, VT (lots of ski slopes)

15916_Mystic-spring-combo_LR_Page_3.jpgwaterfront.jpghqdefault.jpgPetrics_2011_StoweFromHollow-A.jpg?forma

Essex, CT.  Bar harbor is great

bar-harbor01.jpg74816903ee45fd942bfb903c5754808c.jpg

3 minutes ago, jj3 said:

I know lol That's why i find the whole travel "???" :D 

I probably would too :laugh: I remember seeing a couple on TV getting a honeymoon trip to Berlin and they visited Checkpoint Charlie. I’m sure all that is very interesting but for a honeymoon? No, that couldn’t be me.

31 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I probably would too :laugh: I remember seeing a couple on TV getting a honeymoon trip to Berlin and they visited Checkpoint Charlie. I’m sure all that is very interesting but for a honeymoon? No, that couldn’t be me.

Indeed LOLz But to each their own. I bet i would enjoy some weird stuff myself. It's hard to make match the desire and the budget too. 

18 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@Cult Icon What do you think of Nova Scotia in Canada? That’s another a bit atypical but possibly very romantic place I would consider for a honeymoon if I didn’t want to go to a resort somewhere warm. And that was before the royal couple spent their honeymoon in Nova Scotia! :D

I've never been there but it looks nice.  But TBH it looks too urbanized and populated.  I like areas with high elevation (mountains, rolling hills, etc.), islands,  or near the water.   I spent a lot of time in CT over the summer.  One of my favorite moments was sitting in a beautiful park near the water, and watching the boats move around.  The wind was blowing very brisk but it was summertime so it cooled us off in a perfect way.  And the air was so fresh, and scented with the sea.   We were surrounded by beautiful trees and there were dogs and children playing  behind us.  We could hear their laughter and it was all in all, perfect.

I think the key to a place is the unique character that it generates and the good feeling/memories.    what other places do you like?