Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

Actors and Photographers Wanted in Charlotte

Crowds on Demand, a Los Angeles-based Public Relations firm specializing in innovative events, is looking for enthusiastic actors and photographers in the Charlotte, NC area to participate in our events. Our events include everything from rallies to protests to corporate PR stunts to celebrity scenes. The biggest qualification is enthusiasm, a "can-do" spirit. Pay will vary by event but typically is $25+ per hour plus reimbursements for gas/parking/Uber/public transit.

For more information about us, please visit www.crowdsondemand.com

If you're interested in working with us, please reply to this posting with the following info:

• Full Name
  • Prior relevant experience (as an actor/performer, photographer, brand ambassador, political activist, etc)
  • When are you usually available for work?
  • Resume (optional)
  • If you're a photographer, what equipment do you use?
  • Are you ok with participating in peaceful protests (optional)?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-16/why-was-crowd-hire-company-recruiting-25-hour-political-activists-charlotte-last-wee

https://thehornnews.com/revealed-george-soros-linked-charlottesville-violence/

I have always hated hypersensitive social justice politics, even though I still feel like I'm relatively left leaning. I have no problem with transsexuals (actual transsexuals who from childhood on felt gender dysphoria, not people who wake up tomorrow and think they are male or female because they like pink or fast cars), I'm willing to use the pro-nouns people chose for themselves (if they don't annoy the hell out of me - mutual respect!), I have 0 problem with homosexuals and agree with many of the goals of the so-called "progressives". But I often disagree with the methods that they want to use to achieve them and with the scope of the issues. For example the idea that it should be legally prosecuted as violence if people don't treat you as the gender that you chose (out of hundreds) is just absurd and creepy. 

Of course there is sexism and misogyny in the western world. Of course sexual harassment is an issue worthy of serious attention.

But if CNN headlines read "71% of female scientists sexually harassed!", something stinks. Those social justice warriors and crazy feminists need to blow up every issue to gigantic dimensions. The study this claim is based on has been debunked by this great guy here.

The study is very dishonest and counted talking about cognitive differences between men and women as sexual(what??) harassment. And not just naughty things like "women are stupid" but - everything! If I would have said "there are more men on higher but also the lower end of the IQ scale" or "women are more interested in people and men are more interested in things" I would be guilty of sexual(??) harassment, according to this study. And this is among scientists! Scientists sometimes have to talk about such things! 

They also counted "comments about physical beauty" as sexual harassment. I mean, "nice ass baby" could be counted as sexual harassment, especially when stated repeatedly but comments about physical beauty could include the most innocuous remarks. Even things like "you look nice today" - and many of them could come from other women. Like "your hair looks always so fresh and glowing - do you have some tricks for that?". 

But we know that - feminists (not all - but it's a tendency) are beauty haters.

And this all is especially maddening because it could actually serve to keep women out of science. I mean - would you be happy to enter a field in which the chance that you are not being sexually harassed is 29%?

And recently someone working at Google has been fired for writing a memo,https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf suggesting that differences between men and women - especially differences of interest could be contributing (not are solely responsible but could be contributing - relatively mild suggestion) to the gender gap in tech fields. 

And he actually backed it up with science but... it's offensive so - just fire him, call him a misogynist by twisting his words around and be done with it. I wonder if I would get fired for suggesting that differences between men and women could contribute to the higher number of women working in psychology, primary education and as social workers? Probably not. 

Don't tell me shit about "the patriarchy" and the "rampant systemic misogyny" when a guy gets fired for writing a really mild memo suggesting that differences of interest between men and women may contribute to to the gender gap in tech but show-hosts in the CBS show The Talk can describe a wife cutting of her husbands penis after he filed the divorce (no evidence of him being an abuser or anything at that time) as "quite fabulous" and the show is still running and the hosts got away pretty much unscarred. Imagine male show-hosts would laugh about a women's breasts being cut of by a husband after she filed the divorce and the male audience laughs? Would they still have a job? Or would that be the biggest scandal in the history of TV and evidence of deeply ingrained and rampant misogyny?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/why-does-everyone-find-it-funny-when-men-almost-lose-their-genit/

There's undoubtedly an element of people who seem to treat outrage over anything, no matter how trivial, as their calling in life, but at the same time, there's going to have to come a point where the world finds a way to rationally discuss things without simply pointing the finger at the lunatic fringe of the opposite side. I would agree for example, that it's not racist for a white person to want to braid their hair, but I also think that only the very tiniest number of people ever thought it was or said so. The idea of all these overly sensitive people just being on one side of the argument is ludicrous and shows how easily offended the opposing side must be if they really think their skin isn't just as thin.

37 minutes ago, Michael* said:

There's undoubtedly an element of people who seem to treat outrage over anything, no matter how trivial, as their calling in life, but at the same time, there's going to have to come a point where the world finds a way to rationally discuss things without simply pointing the finger at the lunatic fringe of the opposite side. I would agree for example, that it's not racist for a white person to want to braid their hair, but I also think that only the very tiniest number of people ever thought it was or said so. The idea of all these overly sensitive people just being on one side of the argument is ludicrous and shows how easily offended the opposing side must be if they really think their skin isn't just as thin.

:thumbs_up:

(I rarely read this thread, so I'm not making a comment on the thread as a whole. I'm just agreeing, in general, with the post above)

41 minutes ago, Michael* said:

That is also true. I see that going on on both sides of the argument. The left-extreminists are calling dissenting voices misogynist and racist, the other side's extremists are calling dissenting voices manginas or SJW's (social justice warriors).

But the thing is - the people on the left, extremists and moderates have a far easier time spreading their ideas, even the most ludicrous ideas. There is a established liberal and leftist bias in academia (1,2,3) and the media (4). That is why the cencorious outrage culture on the left is much more concerning currently.

1. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-big-questions/201103/does-psychology-have-liberal-bias

4. http://www.restoring-america.com/Documents/MediaBias101.pdf

47 minutes ago, Super Identity said:

That is also true. I see that going on on both sides of the argument. The left-extreminists are calling dissenting voices misogynist and racist, the other side's extremists are calling dissenting voices manginas or SJW's (social justice warriors).

But the thing is - the people on the left, extremists and moderates have a far easier time spreading their ideas, even the most ludicrous ideas. There is a established liberal and leftist bias in academia (1,2,3) and the media. That is why the cencorious outrage culture on the left is much more concerning currently.

With regard to the media, there should be rigorous analysis of the statements made from both ends of the spectrum, and exposure of deceit. Most people though, no matter what political or social side of an issue they stand on, are more likely to start throwing ad hominem attacks and figuratively sticking their fingers in their ears like a seven-year-old, than trying and have frank and open dialogue with the other side. Everybody wants their turn on the soapbox, which is fine, but fewer and fewer people seem interested in actually discussing things.

Overall, my concern is that there's eventually going to come a point (if there hasn't already) where you can get away with anything simply by shouting "political correctness" and claiming oppression or bullying, when all that's actually happened is that someone has gotten a bit frustrated at the lack of factual evidence in an argument. We seem to have found ourselves in an age where people get to claim that facts don't tell the whole story, which is completely insane. The real question should be “how do we get people to trust in verifiable facts again?”

4 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Everybody wants their turn on the soapbox, which is fine, but fewer and fewer people seem interested in actually discussing things.

Yea, but they still keep discussing. They actually have no plan and aren't really interested in anything but keep discussing things - they just want to put themselves on moral highgrounds by being hyper progressive or deliberatly try to be offensive and controversial by being overtly right leaning.* I call this pop-politics.

2 hours ago, Super Identity said:

Yea, but they still keep discussing. They actually have no plan and aren't really interested in anything but keep discussing things - they just want to put themselves on moral highgrounds by being hyper progressive or deliberatly try to be offensive and controversial by being overtly right leaning.* I call this pop-politics.

A lot of people are overly touchy-feely, humourless or just plain grandstanding, but that's much easier than engaging on a case-by-case basis. Engagement means you actually have to think, and sadly, it's something too few people seem willing or able to do. Respect and empathy, even if it's grudging, is universally desirable. It binds society.

I play a game on Facebook -don't judge me or I will end you! :hang:- and you have to move on from quest to quest and one of the quest is to dig an ancient idol and then worship the idol to move on on the next quest. We!l, some girl posted on the official FB's game that she is feeling offended by this quest. She was feeling uncomfortable to worship a fake God and would highly consider to get up a petition for this particular quest to be removed from the game because of "forced paganism" :banghead: