Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

• adrianalimaI am very proud of you, of your courage and strength to share this words with us. I want you to know that you where/are not alone on this. I always had been asking questions on where I belong on my work. Where your looks are constantly being “ inspected “...... I still question myself after 20 years of modeling career. It’s time for us to make that change, and show the world that Beauty it starts from within. I stand next to you! You have my full support. Much love, appreciation and light to you my sweet angel. ?✨?

Well, she just doesn't only "look" unhappy now.  It looks like she also feels it too. We have been hearing stories from people who met her recently about how nice she has been to them and all. But thats honestly probably just her, not taking out her own personal feelings on other people. She probably knows that the fans and strangers she meet doesn't deserve her taking out anything on them. After all she is Brazilian, have you ever met a depressed/non-joyousness brazilian? Its in their nature I think to try to come off warm and happy when they meet people, but it doesn't mean they aren't capable of feeling upset or not happy. I'll stick by my assumption that something is wrong with her.

Only god knows whom or what that post was about.

2 hours ago, Sophie20 said:

Love this post that Luca posted...Adriana started to use a lot this word "path".... she liked the photo, hope she thinks about it and real meaning of path

20180125_194148.png

And real meaning of destruction also, the most important to realize out of all

Did Jourdan D respond to her comment? Also, what’s becoming of her career? She seems to be regressing in both her personal and professional lives. Models are out there getting big jobs more than ever yet here she is having a quarter life crisis with no one to guide her. It’s genuinely pathetic and this industry waits for no one,

3 hours ago, Corner said:

Did Jourdan D respond to her comment? Also, what’s becoming of her career? She seems to be regressing in both her personal and professional lives. Models are out there getting big jobs more than ever yet here she is having a quarter life crisis with no one to guide her. It’s genuinely pathetic and this industry waits for no one,

About her career, thats what we mentioned on the last page. For one, she is at the age where her career starts to slow down. However, I personally do think Adriana herself is making this process quicker, not just her age. I think she has the ability to keep going just a little more.... I agree, it feels like so far she is taking two steps back in her career and her personal life(judging how upset and angst she comes across right now). I understood it later year because 1. VS asked her to work for them more than usual last year. We all know, when VS starts calling, everything ends up on hold. 2. She had that new show, she had to film it and then promote it. So, last year, I understood why she didn't do as well career wise.

But Right now...She is contracted with maybelline so ofc there was that one event. But VS hasn't asked her to do anything. The show hasn't started season 2 yet. She has been home more. There is no reason for her not to be working more.  I am not sure if its the industry itself that is slowing down on her now, or did her IG post affect her, or if its her own personal life and feelings getting in the way. Because like you said, it seems her professional life and personal life is in the same state, they are starting to intertwine (which is why alot of fans talk about her, beyond her career now). Like, take in what she said in her ig post AND the comment she wrote to jourdan. It seems like for whatever reason Adriana is uncertain with her career as a model now and herself.

I also agree its like she is in a life crisis. We know SOMEBODY has attempted to guide her, but to be honest, every since they came in, that's when all this negative stuff happened. But, i'm trying to leave that alone!

But anyways,  She clearly isn't happy. She isn't looking happy. She isn't doing anything (from what we can see). I don't know whats wrong with her, but something is. But its not only the industry that doesn't wait for anybody, LIFE doesn't. Her career is not the only thing that she is potentially ruining sadly. Like I said before, her mental health and her family are other factors. she should save and reclaim all those aspects in her life while she still can before time, her life and her career pass her by...These things can all pass her by

IDK what she has going on and what exactly is causing her to be this way but its really starting to take over. Its even hard just still trying to be a fan of her and support her like we usually do these days. This is why I found her IG post, about being pushed not to give a damn,very ironic. Alot of her fans feel like that right now, thats why I said as much as we want to care and worry for her, it seems like she doesn't herself, so that's makes fans feel like we shouldn't neither and we have to sit back and shake our heads. But we know regardless of how she is being, we know we actually should be concerned. Because we can all see that something isn't right as of now.

However, we aren't her, she has to do the things to improve her life and her mood. All we can do is hope and pray

Of course she’s been in the industry for so long and she not 20 anymore but models her age who she is far more established than are getting selective but great jobs consistently. Even the the ones who are a few years younger but still in their 30s who you wouldn’t expect to be landing jobs are! It boggles my mind that she’s regressing at such a high rate! In 2018, if you’re already an established famous model, your career is still alive in your 30s.Even the ones that aren’t famous outside the industry like Natasha Poly, and the ones that are famous like Irina. The age argument isn’t really strong.

1 hour ago, Corner said:

Of course she’s been in the industry for so long and she not 20 anymore but models her age who she is far more established than are getting selective but great jobs consistently. Even the the ones who are a few years younger but still in their 30s who you wouldn’t expect to be landing jobs are! It boggles my mind that she’s regressing at such a high rate! In 2018, if you’re already an established famous model, your career is still alive in your 30s.Even the ones that aren’t famous outside the industry like Natasha Poly, and the ones that are famous like Irina. The age argument isn’t really strong.

So what do you think it is? You think she no longer has the ambition to continue her job anymore? Obviously I can see that too.With the way she has been acting and saying towards anything that has to do with her job (The VS fashion Show Last year, Fashion Week, Social media, even staying fit like she usually does for her job. She only worked out before going to Berlin, but you can still tell she gained weight and lost muscle)

she has been acting unusual towards everything.We can fairly conclude she is not the happiest right now, so that could be affecting her, slowing her down indirectly. But we have to be honest and say since around November is when it really started. In the start of December she was better. Then in the middle of December, she caught the world off guard, and then towards the end of the December to now it has gotten worse. I just want to know if she realizes all this or not? Like does she not see how she has come across? Does she not have a clue how all of this looks in other's eyes, thats not her own. Has she even attempted to see that, has anyone attempted to tell her?  Because its important when you are a public figure. I wonder if she knows this but brushes it off. Or does she just not realize

Even members who defended her alot here said something about her is now rubbing them the wrong way. That's why I still consider: maybe her career has been like this because some people in the industry could be turned off by her now. For Adriana her personality and who she was on the inside, was everything. Its what people in the industry highlight. It was always apart of her charm. Its funny seeing what she said to jourdan, as if her inner beauty never got credit. It has, always does. Her fans always talked about how they loved her inner beauty. So has VS and designers like Marc Jacobs. Adriana already is a model who had proven her inner beauty. So IDK what "change" she is talking about, maybe with Jourdan its different but who Adriana was on the inside has always been known and you can tell it helped her. But she has slowly been tarnishing that reputation because she has been different

If she is gonna do this,I hope she is atleast spending that time trying to actually focus on making herself great.I saw last week, she has been liking and looking into stuff about self love. And I guess thats what she was trying to do while her She had space. But, it takes more than 2 weeks alone, to regain self love and getting better. It also takes more than 2 months (she stayed married to herself for just a month or two). Anyways, I am dwindling back into her personal life sorry, I just can't help but feel like her professional and personal life are clashing alot right now

5 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

So what do you think it is? You think she no longer has the ambition to continue her job anymore? Obviously I can see that too.With the way she has been acting and saying towards anything that has to do with her job (The VS fashion Show Last year, Fashion Week, Social media, even staying fit like she usually does for her job. She only worked out before going to Berlin, but you can still tell she gained weight and lost muscle)

she has been acting unusual towards everything.We can fairly conclude she is not the happiest right now, so that could be affecting her, slowing her down indirectly. But we have to be honest and say since around November is when it really started. In the start of December she was better. Then in the middle of December, she caught the world off guard, and then towards the end of the December to now it has gotten worse. I just want to know if she realizes all this or not? Like does she not see how she has come across? Does she not have a clue how all of this looks in other's eyes, thats not her own. Has she even attempted to see that, has anyone attempted to tell her?  Because its important when you are a public figure. I wonder if she knows this but brushes it off. Or does she just not realize

Even members who defended her alot here said something about her is now rubbing them the wrong way. That's why I still consider: maybe her career has been like this because some people in the industry could be turned off by her now. For Adriana her personality and who she was on the inside, was everything. Its what people in the industry highlight. It was always apart of her charm. Its funny seeing what she said to jourdan, as if her inner beauty never got credit. It has, always does. Her fans always talked about how they loved her inner beauty. So has VS and designers like Marc Jacobs. Adriana already is a model who had proven her inner beauty. So IDK what "change" she is talking about, maybe with Jourdan its different but who Adriana was on the inside has always been known and you can tell it helped her. But she has slowly been tarnishing that reputation because she has been different

If she is gonna do this,I hope she is atleast spending that time trying to actually focus on making herself great.I saw last week, she has been liking and looking into stuff about self love. And I guess thats what she was trying to do while her She had space. But, it takes more than 2 weeks alone, to regain self love and getting better. It also takes more than 2 months (she stayed married to herself for just a month or two). Anyways, I am dwindling back into her personal life sorry, I just can't help but feel like her professional and personal life are clashing alot right now

That’s what I think, that she’s lost the passion to go on with her job, but for all the wrong reasons ( I don’t wanna get into because I did say I don’t talk about that anymore).

Tbh she’s rubbing ppl off the wrong way a lot and is coming off as an ingrate. If you look into Adriana’s career, you could say that most models worked way more harder than she did. I mean, physically, she works hard and of course she has/had good work ethics but what I mean is, she wasn’t overly ambitious or working overtime like other models did/do. She had VS from the very beginning and they started  paying her millions and priotizing her from the beginning, she had Maybelline at a very early age as well. She wasn’t working 125646515 shows at fashion week but she had a small but solid place at the fashion industry where she was guaranteed covers and campaigns. Some models can’t afford to be that relaxed about their careers and still be relevant, she was doing charity work and made long lasting friends due to her personality. She is a famous woman who has the platform to make a great difference in the world instead of ranting. Why can’t she be like Gisele and a dozen others in the industry who know how fortunate they are and are using their power for real change? Idk what’s going on with her but she will start to lose fans no doubt. There are thousands of girls willing to take her place if she doesn’t know how fortunate she is and wants to quit. 

I mean, she could have taken a year off and unplug and go find herself if she felt this level of uncertainty, I just don’t understand why she’s using the method she’s using. She has zero PR training and it’s very obvious.

Sad to see this great woman who is loved by millions reduced to this. I was first drawn to Adriana due to her looks of course but a huge part had to do with her personality and how she really didn’t care about being a fashion icon. I used to even make jokes to my friends how you’d see everyone looking killer on the red carpet and then Adriana would come and we’d laugh about it. 

Sigh

5 hours ago, Corner said:

Why can’t she be like Gisele and a dozen others in the industry who know how fortunate they are and are using their power for real change? Idk what’s going on with her but she will start to lose fans no doubt.

She was though. Working with St.Luke and that boxing place for kids in Brazil. She used to work with those orphanages and other things she has done. It's just that recently we haven't seen her do or talk about any of that anymore. But are we really surprised that NOW she isn't doing this?  I agree, all she seems to do now is rant/ramble against her job or about someone in her life who makes her unhappy. I think thats why she lost alot of followers (and probably fans) after posting that quote, all she has done lately is complain and come off as miserable instead of empowering, nobody wants to see that from somebody as fortunate as her. Nobody wants to see that when they aren't used to from her. I am sure whatever is making her miserable is actually removable from her life. If she doesn't make that choice to put an end to it, then that's her fault. Whether its a person or her job, she can do something about it. She shouldn't throw all the negative energy out there to others, because its going to do nothing but come back to her.

I sadly agree basically.Except, if Adriana just wants to RETIRE. Thats fine. Nobody can make her continue to work. The problem is how she handles it. She should just do it. Make an announcement or something.  Leave with Grace and warning. Be professional. Its the right thing to do. She shouldn't just allow herself to decline. Nor should she start playing games with the industry: one day she wants to leave, another day she doesn't. That just isn't fair to the people she works with and for.

I never thought I would see the day where Adriana comes off as so unambitious, ungrateful (despite her claiming that she is in a late PR statement), and honestly miserable. That's never been her. Like you said the regression is amazing, she spent her earlier years coming off as a by far better person, doing and focusing on the right things. She waits until she is almost 40 to undo all of that. To let her personal demons and relationships take over areas of her life that they shouldn't.

But we shouldn't be surprised at this point, we already concluded that something caused a negative switch. Its just a shame.

Even though someone or multiple people may have an influence on Adriana, the fact that she allows it and allows to be changed says a lot about her character and who she truly she is as well.

If she really was the strong, empowered, independent woman or in her words, “QUEEN” she sometimes claims to be, she wouldn’t let anyone or anything change her. As beautiful as she is, her personality (atleast now) leaves a lot to be desired... Even though she seemed to be a much better person years ago, we will never truly know what kind of person she really is when there isn’t a whole team of photographers, makeup artists and stylists yelling her name and worshipping her when she’s parading on some beach promoting the latest swimwear. Fact is that she had to maintain an image and make people believe into “a fantasy”. After her weird behavior the past couple of months, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the negative things that have been written over the years about her are actually true or atleast partially true.

And also, she’s biting the hand that fed her for 20+ years and it’s not a good look at all. 

7 hours ago, *Luna* said:

Even though someone or multiple people may have an influence on Adriana, the fact that she allows it and allows to be changed says a lot about her character and who she truly she is as well.

If she really was the strong, empowered, independent woman or in her words, “QUEEN” she sometimes claims to be, she wouldn’t let anyone or anything change her. As beautiful as she is, her personality (atleast now) leaves a lot to be desired... Even though she seemed to be a much better person years ago, we will never truly know what kind of person she really is when there isn’t a whole team of photographers, makeup artists and stylists yelling her name and worshipping her when she’s parading on some beach promoting the latest swimwear. Fact is that she had to maintain an image and make people believe into “a fantasy”. After her weird behavior the past couple of months, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the negative things that have been written over the years about her are actually true or atleast partially true.

And also, she’s biting the hand that fed her for 20+ years and it’s not a good look at all. 

+1. I think what you said, makes it easier right now to talk about this in the context of just her. At this point we have no choice but to say in the end its her life, her chances, her fault. Nobody is putting a gun to her head and telling her to be this way.

That's another reason why her comment to jourdan was off-putting. Saying, quote " It’s time for us to make that change, and show the world that Beauty it starts from within". It's like, Adriana, you already did that, years ago. But what makes it even more ironic is that she is now putting a stop to it. Actions speak louder than words, Adriana did also preach about inner beauty in the past, yes. But what validated it the things she did. From Charities she worked with to acts of kindness to fans/people. Remember when she gave a little girl a necklace off of her own neck, the same day she got it ? (skip to 4:55)

This is why it makes me so bitter as a fan to realize, I may not like her anymore. Because I remember her as this person. And its not just me, on IG, I have seen models who idolized her  having to unfollow her after it seemed like she bit the hands that feed her and unintentionally threw shade/shame at the kind of work they still do (that she once did herself). Calling it empty. Some models may have liked it but I can see why other models would be offended. Especially since she unfollowed alot of models after saying that. That was just bad taste to do all at once. She looked like a bad person. And people have been calling her names they NEVER did, after she did that. Her own mom didn't like that post.

That wasn't inspiration for some people. Its not inspirational to look ungrateful and seemingly shame other women who still did the work you once did. Its not inspiration nor is it empowering posting things like this

I don't care if she thinks fans like us, are just being silly or we are just being mean/hateful.  We aren't, it hurts like hell to be this disappointed.  Like I said, the fact that she lost followers after this^ shows that general people are catching on to the bad vibes she has been giving and sending, not just "super fans"

That PR statement she had to release to deny that she wasn't talking about VS and saying she was grateful to them, wasn't fake news. And its obvious she was slamming a part of the industry, one she worked for, she just never named it. But it was to directed to something.

I am talking about how the things she has said and done may look to other people. Because not everybody saw that post the same, and everyone here knows that. The same person telling "stop it with the fake news" its the same person that called that post she made "dumb". You thought it was dumb for a reason.  So you know what my real point is. Alot of people saw what she said as bad, hypocritical and ungrateful. She had to say she was grateful in the PR statement for a reason.

Her losing followers after her last negative non-inspiring post is not "fake news" neither. I don't lie here, and I wouldn't lie about that

5a6badcc6e8d0_fakenews.thumb.png.f6f910c5d873a07c5693c98da454e207.png

@Corner I don't know about huge models, as I said before, they are models who clearly liked her and always followed her until her post.  Julianna herz is one, she just started for SI. And there is another I forgot her name, she is getting popular.

I didn't expect for Jourdan to ignore her. What Adriana said wasn't bad objectively. It rubs you the wrong way  if you actually followed how she has been lately. I doubt jourdan has.

Also, I am discussing my own thoughts, observations, and feelings, about all this. I understand some of you all are still, trying to support her really hard and all that. And I respect that, but I don't share the same exact view.Like I said before, I am bothered by it because the only model I looked up to disappointed me. Adriana is the first and mainly the only person, I had ever been a big fan of. So this is taking me time to get over, and clearly I am not the only one. So, if I don't see something the same way and feel the same way, I just don't.  I can talk about it here, it deals alot about her career, and because thats what this section is for anyway.  Anybody that feels the opposite,I respect that. You can say it like @emerald7 and I will still respect that and I won't tell you to stop, just because I don't feel the same. So, please do the same

Its hard to see things in a positive way when literally everything has been negative. Her activity for modelling has been a negative. I am not gonna get specific but her personal life, is a negative I think, her last post confirms it. Her last post itself was negative. Those follower counts are in the negatives lol. Everything has been negative, so when there is a discussion its gonna be negative right now. I mean, there is literally nothing to look up to, nothing to be happy about. Literally nothing. And this is coming from an optimist, I have nothing this time around. But I am trying to remain a fan atleast.