Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

1 hour ago, Souled-Out said:

^ I think Madison is a big fan of Adriana. She has been following Adriana for years on IG. She is probably very happy to have met her.

Yes thats true she was always a fan of her. She looked very happy in pictures next to adriana.

Adrianas last selfie was reposted alot but she still doesn't gain alot followers lately even being enough active. Candice got many the last few weeks.

I hope she walks next week at the fashion show.

5 hours ago, emerald7 said:

Adrianas last selfie was reposted alot but she still doesn't gain alot followers lately even being enough active. Candice got many the last few weeks.

Because she went so long without posting anything, thats why I kept mentioning her ignoring posting... Candice has posted atleast once a day since the show, thats enough to keep things moving at a consistent pace.

Adriana went MIA as far as posting goes after Christmas. She was liking stuff but it was like she was ignoring posting. That's going to put a stall on things.  Thats why I was saying when it happpened, I hope it didn't effect anything. Because I remember when Candice did the EXACT same thing in 2016.Her career hasn't been the same, yet. And Candice is just now getting many followers back and gaining followers at a normal pace, even though she had been posting more all of 2017. But it literally took a year for her to regain that.

I know followers shouldn't really mean nothing. But we all the industry today. We all know people today. So this only alarmed me because, I felt being that way about social media also affected Candice's popularity (no offense to her) and things like that. Her stepping back put a stall on more than just her followers. These things can effect someone's career. But the thing is, Candice had a good reason for that, she was pregnant/a new mom. I understand somebody pregnant taking a step back from everything even if it will affect their career. Adriana wasn't pregnant. She isn't a new mom. And looking at Marko's IG, she wasn't with her kids on some of those days. But she couldn't even bother posting for new year. Even though for 2017 new year, she even went live. She didn't even want to post during the VS fashion, she only posted an old picture instead and it quoted you know who.

I know it SUCKS that social media is such a factor these days, especially in her career field, but it is what it is. I can only hope that her relevance and career aren't also impacted by the way she was being on social, like it has impacted others.

Adriana gets work now because of her face,skin,body and very long and popular career(especially in commercials).She is part of the golden era of VS which evrey millennial and generation x knows about.She will slow down when she wants to or when the industry will say no to her because of her age(they are not kind to models as they age beyond 35).She is not a instamodel,she doesn't rely on IG with her face and experience.Evrey model slows down after 35,she is no exception,especially in covers.She is still getting paid big $$$ ,so she is doing amazing.

Also she became famous before social media was even a thing,doesn't need it nearly as much as the newer models from today.

Popularity exactly, but that popularity does not come easy. She hasn't had many commercials so far, but things like social media makes up for that. But her lack of posting earlier on has already come in to affect.

Also, she is another year older, that alone makes it easier for her career to slow down. We know Adriana is stunning and aging well. Sadly, the industry is ageist, like you said. And thats the thing, She has been blessed so far to get where she has, Its rare for models her age to still be around anyway She is literally blessed. But what made those blessings was Adriana being the opposite of how she has been as of late. 1. Younger, because we all got older in time 2. She showed more interest and passion in her industry as well as fitness 3. Just being the Adriana that created a massive fanbase(The strong/feminist/religious stuff). 4. Consistent social media activity. These are the things that helped her maintain, but she has been lacking this lately.

The main point though, is don't give the industry another reason to push her to the side unless she is ready to retire. We have to remember the announcing ig post about taking clothes off is also another thing that could affect her. As well as her sudden change in attitude towards VS compared to 2016 and july of 2017 (In 2016 and early 2017 she expressed excitement and happiness about working with them, then she ended up having to give a PR statement because it looked like she was leaving and turning her back on them in November-December ).

Some of her actions since like November could all pile up and work against her, instead of for her. She can't afford that, because Its not like Adriana is at the start of career, she is closer to the end. To be real, its easier for the industry to not care about her these days because of the way it works. So, she has to be more careful than she has ever been.

^ I tend to agree with both of you. She was Adriana Lima years before social media so I don’t think not posting will affect her. Industry legends are set for life on their name alone. New girls, no, because designers aren’t going to let someone with barely a name and no following promote their stuff. Everyone knows Adriana Lima. They could post it themselves and garner hundreds of thousands of likes just because it’s her. That’s all the promo they need right there lol. I think not posting will only affect her relevance on social media alone, not her career.  Casual fans who only follow because she’s a model and pretty will probably lose interest and unfollow. 

But like Souled-Out says, I’m worried how that controversial post will affect her. That’s her BIGGEST obstacle. However, take that out and she’d still be at this point due to ageism. The REAL test of whether or not the industry is upset with her will be in April. If she gets invited to the MET, it blew over and everything is good. If she doesn’t, she’s over...and we may as well get ready for her “retiring from modeling to focus on ABS and acting” announcement. 

I think Candice is different. She was Candice before the social media era but she wasn’t as established or famous as Adriana was pre-Insta and her high fashion career was nearly nonexistent before she got pregnant with Anaca due to the rise of the Instagirls and her weight fluctuations(at one brief point she gained weight. She looked good to me but I’m not a casting director). Plus a lot of her IG popularity came from sexy pics/butt shots and after she had the baby those slowed down. She’s also out of her prime so I don’t expect her to have another major era outside of VS and her contracted stuff like Max Factor and Juicy Couture.  (No offense Candice fans.) 

3 hours ago, 4BWL said:

But like Souled-Out says, I’m worried how that controversial post will affect her. That’s her BIGGEST obstacle. However, take that out and she’d still be at this point due to ageism. The REAL test of whether or not the industry is upset with her will be in April. If she gets invited to the MET, it blew over and everything is good. If she doesn’t, she’s over...

Exactly, life is too short to act like that IG post wasn't controversial and like it wasn't everywhere. It was everywhere. She had to release a statement over it, thats not some "regular dumb post" that is a post that got alot of attention and everybody who knows her, knows about it. Take in what she said, and the fact that she literally wouldn't even post about the VS show last year until it aired (because she HAD to by then for the ratings). Those actions just makes people draw bad conclusions about her and they may not want to work with her anymore.

Like you said, because she is older now, she would be at a point where her career is getting slow. But Adriana shouldn't do anything that could make it completely stop. Being blackballed, does exist and it can happen no matter how old someone is

She CAN go on for a few more years greater. Some models her age and little older are. Ale already has a Vogue cover out this year. And other fellow models who are her age/older are also still getting signed for new campaigns and stuff. But this is all rare. And those few models who are still here and still getting success, they aren't saying/posting anything that is career and image threatening. They haven't made people think they changed for the worst. Thats the difference. And it should be obvious, thats the key to continued success. Just be true to yourself and never come off as ungrateful, even if its by mistake.I am not saying Adriana isn't grateful for VS and the industry, but in her statement she had to say that she was grateful. So that means, she found out it looked like she wasn't and like she was dissing an industry that gave so much to her.  I just feel like she is walking on thin ice every since this

If it wasn't for all the things that has happened since the end of last year, I wouldn't even be worried.

36 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

I didn't say she didn't go to the gym anymore. I said she doesn't express the same interest in fitness. There is a difference. You put questions marks for number 3 but how many fans have came in here saying they feel like she has changed but they aren't ready to admit it because that hurts to admit? Multiple. And it doesn't just stop here, I know a few fans feel that way.

And just as many that follow her for a long time don't feel that way and the people that actually met her recently say the same things about her,that she is beautifull ,sweet and full of energy.One post won't change my opinion about her,no matter how dumb it is and i don't know her and most likely never will so can't tell just on IG if she changed if i never knew her.And the only brand she takes her clothes off for is VS nowadays and she wasn't reffering to them and i doubt the industry doesn't know that since evreybody knows her and probably cleared it with her agent or her.Evrey other model her age except gisele doesn't make nearly as much as her.And she is shifting to television and acting allready which is normal for a model.She was allready at Berlin and Geneve and now Paris so apparently those brands didn't care about her post since she never reffered to any brand.She is posting less about her children which is good,way too many freaks on the internet and i saw some death threats recently on her posts so maybe she is more carefull when she is at home.

2 hours ago, morpheu said:

One post won't change my opinion about her,no matter how dumb it is and i don't know her and most likely never will so can't tell just on IG if she changed if i never knew her.And the only brand she takes her clothes off for is VS nowadays and she wasn't reffering to them and i doubt the industry doesn't know that since evreybody knows her and probably cleared it with her agent or her.Evrey other model her age except gisele doesn't make nearly as much as her.

Its not just one post. I said it was a combination of alot of things she has done since the end of last year that have caught people off guard. If a person changes their thoughts on something and they change the way they talk and some of the things they do, that means they have changed in some way. You don't know have to know someone personally to see that.

And I know I am not the only fan with my POV on those things. And as far as Gisele being the only model her age who makes as much as her, again, thats before all this stuff happened. Everything was fine until November of last year.  Literally before then, Adriana was saying things opposite of what she did at the end of last year (hello, thats called a change). So it doesn't matter. Adriana being on the Forbes list for 2017 is in the past. All her accomplishments that year, its in the past. Everything before November 2017 is in the past. But in December 2017 she said/did somethings that was crucial. But she did it while on a break, and she is just now getting back to work, so now we have to see what that will do to her.

We literally have to wait and see, but one of the things I figured was going to happen already did.  We all have to wait like @4BWL said.

33 minutes ago, morpheu said:

And just as many that follow her for a long time don't feel that way and the people that actually met her recently say the same things about her,that she is beautifull ,sweet and full of energy.One post won't change my opinion about her,no matter how dumb it is and i don't know her and most likely never will so can't tell just on IG if she changed if i never knew her.And the only brand she takes her clothes off for is VS nowadays and she wasn't reffering to them and i doubt the industry doesn't know that since evreybody knows her and probably cleared it with her agent or her.Evrey other model her age except gisele doesn't make nearly as much as her.And she is shifting to television and acting allready which is normal for a model.She was allready at Berlin and Geneve and now Paris so apparently those brands didn't care about her post since she never reffered to any brand.She is posting less about her children which is good,way too many freaks on the internet and i saw some death threats recently on her posts so maybe she is more carefull when she is at home.

Death threats? Really?

Well, there are freaks in real life too and she knows that very well unfortunaly.. I think she needs to be more careful with who she puts near her kids too

Idk what Adriana wants but she has an amazing carrear and that is it! Just hope she doesn't let anyone affect that

I agree and this is not me/us being selfish fans. We aren't saying this because we'd be angry if she made the decision to retire soon. If Adriana herself and only herself doesn't actually care as much for her career, then I respect that and accept it. If her career ended today, I would be very proud of her (I already am). Like Sophie said, Adriana has had a great career (it can be even better because why limit her? lol), but its iconic already.  But since she had to have a statement released clarifying her IG post, I doubt she wants her career to stop right now, and she didn't realize what her statements/action may look like to some people. Its about her unconsciously leading her career in a direction she didn't mean for it to go

On 1/20/2018 at 4:59 PM, emerald7 said:

Yes thats true she was always a fan of her. She looked very happy in pictures next to adriana.

I hope she walks next week at the fashion show.

aw

On 1/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, Sophie20 said:

Death threats? Really?

Well, there are freaks in real life too and she knows that very well unfortunaly.. I think she needs to be more careful with who she puts near her kids too

Idk what Adriana wants but she has an amazing carrear and that is it! Just hope she doesn't let anyone affect that

Looks like you have to start praying for those kids right now. They already literally looked uncomfortable around him, well Sienna did

^ Those are the last times you will see me expressing concern for Adriana over all of this. And I hope other fans who have, follow suit. I will remain scared for her kids because they are just kids and I know about the horrible things that Joe ended up saying about them after he and adriana broke up (not surprisingly because we also predicted something was not right about him), and how obviously either metin or someone in his family/friends made a page trying to blast their aunt and make adriana dislike her

But As far as Adriana herself goes with all of this

17 hours ago, emerald7 said:

So she wasnt in paris and they are on the way to miami.. no fashion week.

https://www.mememaker.net/api/bucket?path=static/img/memes/full/2014/May/29/0/dont-save-her-she-dont-wanna-be-saved.jpg 

No matter what, we should continue to make effort to being mute about him and honestly them. And even if we find something else concerning that he/his family did, like when he liked that comment about changing her. Or when him/someone in his family created that  page against tamera, the fans who noticed that and were scrambling trying to make sure she knew because we thought it was important for her to know, don't try that again. Because Adriana is someone who has this logic:

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_01/Screenshot_20180121-212944.thumb.jpg.6f9ba457a762da8005e9020b67ff595c.jpg

She liked this yesterday, it was written by I believe someone who is in his family, it translates to "Don't judge someone because of your past everybody is different". What that really says is no matter what happened to you, never learn the lesson and don't make someone work to prove things to you.  She clearly also has the logic of pressing "rewind" on things in her life that should have been "deleted" (like she did those photos of him). Lets be honest, Adriana is too grown for that. Too grown to be naive to think all the multiple bad things that happened in her relationships, just happened. Too grown to think she shouldn't use those bad things as examples and be more careful. She is never careful. The older she gets the more reckless she becomes with dating. Proof of that was the Matt  situation. You can't be that way when you have kids and stuff, You do have to have a guard, if not for yourself, atleast people around you

Adriana has alot at risk with this: her mental health, her kids (they have their own dad, they don't need to be around mommy's bf. The last time she did that he said horrible things about them to other people after Adriana broke up with him), her career, friendships and other relationships. However, she isn't acting like it, so I can't continue to worry about someone who refuse to worry about themselves.

The last time I will be talking about metin, them as a couple, and be concerned for her. I will still pray for her and her kids because thats just the right thing to do but thats literally it.

I will say, it looks like Lais was also in Paris for just one day... That doesn't really help with seeing Adriana remaining in a toxic relationship. But it helps in figuring out the "bonjour" stuff. Lais did the same thing and stayed just as long as Adriana..