Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

On 3/3/2022 at 9:25 AM, lucyford said:

could this secret project meeting with melissa (who i recall used to work with maybelline) be about her skincare brand? that's what i am thinking.

IDK but Melissa said it is something her agency involved on bornthisway_agency's stories. I think it is too early to looking for (or collaborating with) a marketing agency for a non-exist brand, it must be the last stage. Also it would not be a good idea to collaborate Frankfurt based small agency instead of a US based and more established agency.

It could be about Nikki_makeup's mysterious post.

7 minutes ago, laeteita said:

IDK but Melissa said it is something her agency involved on bornthisway_agency's stories. I think it is too early to looking for (or collaborating with) a marketing agency for a non-exist brand, it must be the last stage. Also it would not be a good idea to collaborate Frankfurt based small agency instead of a US based and more established agency.

It could be about Nikki_makeup's mysterious post.

I agree. If thats what its for, Adriana would probably be doing more marketing towards Melissa's agency than the agency to her brand...

• 3 weeks later...

I hope she comes back on social media as well. But I sadly would not surprise if she lets her social media die this entire pregnancy. She has a habit of doing that when pregnant. I think she sees pregnancy as a break, but its 2022. Its not a good idea to not post anything for 7 months. Its gonna make it harder for her to start work again because people will lose interest.

Before she got pregnant she kept saying and reminding people "yes I still model", she really going to have to remind people ALOT MORE if she isn't active on her social media for 7 months. Sadly, I don't think Adriana realize that its 2022 and not 2012 anymore. In 2012 social media was not important for modelling careers-so it was okay for her to disappear for months on social media. But in 2022 thats not gonna work and will hurt her chances of a come back, I wish that she was aware of this but sadly she probably is not. Her nor her team appear to be savvy enough to post throwback content of her atleast

1 hour ago, Souled-Out said:

I hope she comes back on social media as well. But I sadly would not surprise if she lets her social media die this entire pregnancy. She has a habit of doing that when pregnant. I think she sees pregnancy as a break, but its 2022. Its not a good idea to not post anything for 7 months. Its gonna make it harder for her to start work again because people will lose interest.

Before she got pregnant she kept saying and reminding people "yes I still model", she really going to have to remind people ALOT MORE if she isn't active on her social media for 7 months. Sadly, I don't think Adriana realize that its 2022 and not 2012 anymore. In 2012 social media was not important for modelling careers-so it was okay for her to disappear for months on social media. But in 2022 thats not gonna work and will hurt her chances of a come back, I wish that she was aware of this but sadly she probably is not. Her nor her team appear to be savvy enough to post throwback content of her atleast

@souled-out I agree. Her PR team would post some throwback photos from her previous works but they're so unprofessional.

She clearly hates to be calling as retired model but i see no effort from her to correct this mistake. 

36 minutes ago, patt said:

@souled-out I agree. Her PR team would post some throwback photos from her previous works but they're so unprofessional.

She clearly hates to be calling as retired model but i see no effort from her to correct this mistake. 

Right, my point exactly. She hates being taken as a retired model but does not do all that she should to ensure that people realize she isn't retired. She has SO many post from over the year and even this year that can be posted right now... Posting modelling photos on her social media more would 100% remind people of who she is. But she nor her team ever thinks to do this... its like she is still stuck in 2009. You can't just only depend on agencies and events. It does not hurt to post modelling content through out the years, even RETIRED model Yasmeen has started her instagram and has been posting alot of throwbacks and talking about it. Yasmeen is a model from the 90s, and even she sees how interesting it is to post this content. I don't get how everyone except for Adriana realizes how beneficial it is to post like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbsViLdlOP_/

All I know is, if Adriana is really gonna go 7 months without being active, she should not complain about people thinking she is retired again. Because she could have easily used her social media to fix that but didn't. It would be her fault people thinks she is retired or disappeared. Especially since she never announced she was pregnant on instagram for some reason. Instagram is her biggest platform. Some people probably still don't realize that she is pregnant because she never posted about it on her instagram. So take her never posting about her pregnancy on instagram + Her refusing to post while pregnant, people will surely think she is retired and disappeared off the face of this earth. Her followers would also go down. None of this is good for her career. If she is going to be like this, she may as well retire

I was just going to say it, but what I wanted to say you already said haha. I would like her to be more active on social media again, but I can't say I'm surprised that she's not being active during her pregnancy, at first I thought she was going to be a little more active this time, because of how she announced her pregnancy, with a video made especially for social networks, announcing her arrival on TikTok and all that, but then... she disappeared. I don't think it will be very different in the coming months, beyond some sporadic publication or one day that she wakes up wanting to post 5 stories singing in the car or showing some gifts.

Although I don't understand why she only posted the video on TikTok, I understand that she (or her PR team) wanted to reveal it on TikTok to get followers on her new TikTok account, but maybe 1 or 2 days after posting it on TikTok, she should have posted it on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, at least on Instagram for sure. In the end, she is a nobody on TikTok, it's sad to say so, but she has 56K followers after almost two months, not many followers for a model of her level on such a popular social network where many amateur influencers can get some more or less similar numbers of followers if they post with some regularity, the reach of the pregnant reveal video on that platform is not that big. In fact, the second video she posted on TikTok, the Mermaid-Erella one, doubled the views of her announcing her pregnancy.

2 hours ago, borg said:

I was just going to say it, but what I wanted to say you already said haha. I would like her to be more active on social media again, but I can't say I'm surprised that she's not being active during her pregnancy, at first I thought she was going to be a little more active this time, because of how she announced her pregnancy, with a video made especially for social networks, announcing her arrival on TikTok and all that, but then... she disappeared. I don't think it will be very different in the coming months, beyond some sporadic publication or one day that she wakes up wanting to post 5 stories singing in the car or showing some gifts.

Although I don't understand why she only posted the video on TikTok, I understand that she (or her PR team) wanted to reveal it on TikTok to get followers on her new TikTok account, but maybe 1 or 2 days after posting it on TikTok, she should have posted it on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, at least on Instagram for sure. In the end, she is a nobody on TikTok, it's sad to say so, but she has 56K followers after almost two months, not many followers for a model of her level on such a popular social network where many amateur influencers can get some more or less similar numbers of followers if they post with some regularity, the reach of the pregnant reveal video on that platform is not that big. In fact, the second video she posted on TikTok, the Mermaid-Erella one, doubled the views of her announcing her pregnancy.

Well, I hope that’s just a phase. But it’s pretty odd her not posting anything for such a long time 

44 minutes ago, A.B said:

Well, I hope that’s just a phase. But it’s pretty odd her not posting anything for such a long time 

She always did that when she was pregnant.

But the thing is she was pregnant in 2009 and 2012. Major changes has happened since then. 1. She is no longer a VS angel, so whenever she does try to come back she does not have something like VS to give her huge PR and remind people of her existence . 2. In 2009 and 2012, social media presence was not important to maintain a modelling career. But now it is, especially for Adriana because she no longer works with a big PR brand like Victoria's Secret. Her comeback is 100% on her own, she is only making it harder on herself and her career to bounce back by neglecting social media posts while pregnant. I just don't understand why her and her team are like this. It is not that hard to just post a random good picture of yourself, it can be old or new lol. It is literally the easiest aspect of her job, the way they neglect her social media they act like its so hard and such a drag. I don't get it

Perhaps the Savage x Fenty Show could be a good showcase to make her return, it's a bit like the show that has taken the torch from the VSFS, although due to the dates this year it would already be impossible (the show usually airs at the end of September and I suppose that it is recorded about a month before, dates in which I suppose that Adriana will have her child). The bad thing is that Rihanna could also be making her comeback on her show after her pregnancy and that would outshine everyone else.

54 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

She always did that when she was pregnant.

But the thing is she was pregnant in 2009 and 2012. Major changes has happened since then. 1. She is no longer a VS angel, so whenever she does try to come back she does not have something like VS to give her huge PR and remind people of her existence . 2. In 2009 and 2012, social media presence was not important to maintain a modelling career. But now it is, especially for Adriana because she no longer works with a big PR brand like Victoria's Secret. Her comeback is 100% on her own, she is only making it harder on herself and her career to bounce back by neglecting social media posts while pregnant. I just don't understand why her and her team are like this. It is not that hard to just post a random good picture of yourself, it can be old or new lol. It is literally the easiest aspect of her job, the way they neglect her social media they act like its so hard and such a drag. I don't get it

As a fan, it's pretty frustrating. It's frustrating to see how Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington, Natasha Poly and many other models managed their social networks during their respective pregnancies and then see how Adriana is doing it, they look like women from different centuries. Although it isn't really just during pregnancy, it is in general. For whatever reason, I could even understand that she doesn't want to post pregnant photos, but Adriana and her team should have hundreds of photos of her to remind people that she's still in business. It seems hypocritical to me that later she posts stories complaining that 20 years ago supermodels had more recognition and that now it is different, it really seems that she has not made the slightest effort to adapt to the new times. And yes, you are Adriana Lima, a legend, but that isn't enough now. The rules of the game have changed, either you accept them or you're going to be left out little by little.

Yeah she acts like its so hard to adapt and post her work through out the years. Its the easiest thing. And I agree complaining isn’t going to help her, but using her socials and all the modeling work she has done over the years will. Its not even hard to post that stuff. It literally takes just 3 damn clicks on your phone. Its incredibly odd.  Its like social media is the only aspect of her career she doesn’t understand. Even though it is actually the easiest part. 

8 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

Yeah she acts like its so hard to adapt and post her work through out the years. Its the easiest thing. And I agree complaining isn’t going to help her, but using her socials and all the modeling work she has done over the years will. Its not even hard to post that stuff. It literally takes just 3 damn clicks on your phone. Its incredibly odd.  Its like social media is the only aspect of her career she doesn’t understand. Even though it is actually the easiest part. 

Not every person is a social media person. If you grew  up without it, it’s not as important as it is to teenagers today, but still, I’d love to see more of her. She really knows how to keep an audience on their toes 

10 hours ago, A.B said:

Not every person is a social media person. If you grew  up without it, it’s not as important as it is to teenagers today, but still, I’d love to see more of her. She really knows how to keep an audience on their toes 

Its important for MODELING though. Like its literally essential to her job and getting booked. I wouldn't care if her career and relevance didn't also depend on it. And like others have been saying Adriana clearly complains about people thinking she is retired and all of that, people would remember she still likes to model if she actually posted about modelling more

11 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Its important for MODELING though. Like its literally essential to her job and getting booked. I wouldn't care if her career and relevance didn't also depend on it. And like others have been saying Adriana clearly complains about people thinking she is retired and all of that, people would remember she still likes to model if she actually posted about modelling more

Well, I hope she gets back soon. 

I mean, it's not that hard. Many models of her generation or older than her use social networks much more fluidly than her. She is 40 years old and has been living with social networks for about 10 years, it isn't like she is a 78-year-old woman. I mean, I get that she's not one of those models who likes to share her life on Instagram by posting 10 stories every day, but post a pic, new or old, of her every 4 or 5 days to remind people that she is still a model, she needs it.

This is why Adriana should have just announced on instagram, where she has the most followers that she is pregnant. Alot of people clearly don't realize the reason she probably wasn't asked to shoot this, everybody keeps asking this because they aren't aware

All you seeing are people wondering how she isn't there. Instagram is literally her biggest platform, not seeing why she wouldn't tell people on that app. Now people are surely gonna think she is retired now. This is exactly why we said what we did. At this point, Adriana is to blame for people thinking she stopped working after Victoria's Secret. She doesn't do enough to show that she still works. Like she will get a cover for a magazine, and ONLY post that cover on her feed. She doesn't post the editorials at all on her feed, thats more work to show but she decides not to. She doesn't do enough to show she has a passion/interest for modelling. She doesn't even use her platform to keep people in the loop about her pregnancy.

Adriana's lack of activity on her social media makes people less aware. THIS IS WHY people think she is retired and no longer models really. She needs to use social media to keep people in the loop, obviously its easy to assume about her career when things like this happens. The least she could have done is told people she is pregnant on her instagram, so that they wouldn't assume she stopped working for 9 months because she is retired.

@Souled-Out Unfortunately neither Adriana nor her PR team knows anything about crisis management or problem solving, all they do is complaining about problem or ignoring it. This misunderstanding  could have been avoided just by one pregnancy post on Instagram.

I have to admit that it was a good idea to post her pregnancy announcement to the TikTok to get recognition on the platform as a new user but i wasn't expecting that she will left her Instagram followers unaware about pregnancy.