Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Honestly who knows if Adriana could have gone if she wanted to or not. We saw she chose to skip NYFW and pretty much everyone was there. Her daughters birthday was yesterday too. I know Joan, Lily, etc are going and they aren't Ig/ nepo models. Sometimes Adriana just seems like she doesn't care that much. 

I, too think she doesn't care to be at MET gala that much otherwise she wouldn't have called racist to Anna Wintour and wouldn't have liked some anti-Anna posts on Instagram. I'm not saying she was right or wrong, just saw this will happen.

@patt Sometimes it seems like she doesn't care that much about the fashion industry in general tbh. And perhaps why her career has been more commercially centered. Like she was able to go to Venice for a film festival but not take a 3 hr flight to fashion week. Not complaining about her attending the festival, but the latter would have made more sense. Or actually could have attended both.

37 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@patt Sometimes it seems like she doesn't care that much about the fashion industry in general tbh. And perhaps why her career has been more commercially centered. Like she was able to go to Venice for a film festival but not take a 3 hr flight to fashion week. Not complaining about her attending the festival, but the latter would have made more sense. Or actually could have attended both.

I'm starting to think you're right but I don't get why she wouldn't care about the fashion industry, i mean, that's her job. And since she don't attend those events anymore she doesn't get a lot of jobs. Or maybe she wants to change the direction of her job 

@EsraLima Adriana is impossible to understand sometimes so who knows her reasonings. She says she wants to keep being a model but doesn't put in an effort to get more jobs by attending fashion events and being involved more in her industry. I don't think she is really trying to change the direction of her job cause I would imagine she would have like come out with a business or gotten into acting by now (things she had said she was interested in). 

5 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@EsraLima Adriana is impossible to understand sometimes so who knows her reasonings. She says she wants to keep being a model but doesn't put in an effort to get more jobs by attending fashion events and being involved more in her industry. I don't think she is really trying to change the direction of her job cause I would imagine she would have like come out with a business or gotten into acting by now (things she had said she was interested in). 

Exactly. Or maybe she's just 40 and want to slow down. Who knows..

@EsraLima Do we know who her team even is currently? Like we saw she was signed to CAA but who even is her agent? And I don't trust that publicist friend of her boyfriends to know much about the fashion industry. 

I agree that Anna doesn't seem to really like Adriana. Perhaps she turned down the invitation previously and now doesn't get invited because of it. But even then, there's more things like fashion weeks she could be going to, not just the Met.

I think its not always as easy as people think, especially as you get older. Like not even ALESSANDRA is going this year and she has attended some in the later years as Adriana did. She also was at nyfw and we all know Ale wouldn't pass the met up. But obviously she ain't on the list neither. I do think certain fashion directors bare more responsibility for some things

3 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@Souled-Out But Alessandra went to NYFW as you said. Adriana hasn't been involved in the fashion industry in a while.

And Gisele is still the only brazilian on the list for the met. Thats my point. Alessandra def would be there if she actually was invited. She is in the same state as Adriana when it comes to the met. The years she go is off and on, and she has went far less compared to someone like Gisele. I just don't think its always models choices. Just like its not their choices whether they get a Vogue US cover or not. Like I said, THIS is why people want someone like Ana out. Her decisions suck most of the time and trust me she has something to do with it as well.

@Souled-Out Personally, i was talking about how she doesn't involve herself in the fashion industry. Met or not. like how she skipped NYFW. Obviously I know not everyone gets invited to the Met. I just wouldn't be shocked if Adriana has previously chosen to not attend given her apparent lack of interest in the fashion industry. And honestly seeing people who have attended in the last couple, putting aside influencers with crazy amounts of followers, I find it hard to believe Adriana could not possibly get an invite 2018/2019. Especially if she had some established relationships with designers. 

@Souled-Out There are more braziliians there including that one new vs model. Ale's lack of appearance was more expected. She's only gone to two (2009 and 2016 because she is good friends with Olivier from Balmian). While Adriana started going in 2014 back to back years and stopped in 2018. (wouldnt be shocked if Adriana had been invited prior to 2014 but she never attended events then). No offense to Ale, but Adriana always had an edge over Ale.