Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I just realized that Adriana's rate is probably super high esp with her status and name recognition. I think it would be hard to book her considering all her campaigns are long contracts. Also when you think about it, what hasn't she done at this point...she has had fragrance, jewelry/watch, sports, and cosmetic campaigns amongst many others. It's crazy how illustrious her career is

8 hours ago, secretlife2000 said:

I just realized that Adriana's rate is probably super high esp with her status and name recognition. I think it would be hard to book her considering all her campaigns are long contracts. Also when you think about it, what hasn't she done at this point...she has had fragrance, jewelry/watch, sports, and cosmetic campaigns amongst many others. It's crazy how illustrious her career is

Exactly. Adriana has not only reached a great supermodel status, but she actually has one helluva OVERALL career. Sure, she doesn't have the most Vogue covers because she was rising at a time where it truly was hard to get one, even Tyra had to retire with only one Vogue cover and Heidi only has like 4, it was hard. But outside of that Adriana def has an exceptional career, the only thing she hasn't done is a hair campaign and skincare. But she did basically everything else, and was highly successful at it too. Even when she sold cellphones, everybody remembered her for doing that. Anytime she does something its actually remarkable

It seemed Adriana wanted to do more hf when she left VS. We saw her back doing editorials during that time. It is prob where she lacks most in her career. But only because her commercial career was that successful. So it is unfortunate when people downplay her supermodel status because she doesn't walk the most shows or doesn't have the big 4 Vogue covers. 

4 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

Exactly. Adriana has not only reached a great supermodel status, but she actually has one helluva OVERALL career. Sure, she doesn't have the most Vogue covers because she was rising at a time where it truly was hard to get one, even Tyra had to retire with only one Vogue cover and Heidi only has like 4, it was hard. But outside of that Adriana def has an exceptional career, the only thing she hasn't done is a hair campaign and skincare. But she did basically everything else, and was highly successful at it too. Even when she sold cellphones, everybody remembered her for doing that. Anytime she does something its actually remarkable

Can confirm about the TIM commercials here in Italy, those around my generation (90s) all remember the 2004-05 commercials with her even if they don't know who she is, just Adriana from the TIM spots. Basically the two famous Adrianas in poular culture here are the one from Rocky and her from TIM lol I discovered her this way myself

Also, watched a Gisele interview yesterday and she talked about how at that time it was very risky to even accept a VS contract if you cared about wanting to be a Vogue kind of model. She said she had a long talk with agent before accepting VS  contract because they warned her, signing a contract like that is basically like committing to commercial modelling and not Vogue. Clearly someone like Gisele made it happen, but it explains the careers of Tyra, Heidi, etc and to an extent Adriana's. Adriana STILL did well enough, she has alot of HF campaigns actually and 2/4 of the Big Four. But yeah, it wasn't easy getting that alone and the Vogue covers she does have because Adriana def committed herself more to commercial, but she still has a better hf career than most other VS angels. But yeah overall, her career is rare and in a good way . She has alot of bragging rights and thats what gave her the supermodel title.

6 hours ago, Souled-Out said:

Also, watched a Gisele interview yesterday and she talked about how at that time it was very risky to even accept a VS contract if you cared about wanting to be a Vogue kind of model. She said she had a long talk with agent before accepting VS  contract because they warned her, signing a contract like that is basically like committing to commercial modelling and not Vogue. Clearly someone like Gisele made it happen, but it explains the careers of Tyra, Heidi, etc and to an extent Adriana's. Adriana STILL did well enough, she has alot of HF campaigns actually and 2/4 of the Big Four. But yeah, it wasn't easy getting that alone and the Vogue covers she does have because Adriana def committed herself more to commercial, but she still has a better hf career than most other VS angels. But yeah overall, her career is rare and in a good way . She has alot of bragging rights and thats what gave her the supermodel title.

I love how versatile her generation of supers is. You have doutzen, adriana, liu wen, joan ++, so professional, they make everything classy; I think Adriana did well in HF considering she was literally the face of VS. She can pull off sultry and mature which serves her really well, unlike the new crop of VS girls that look very "girl next door". I particularly love her Marc Jacobs campaign...it was so Adri. Also, I think people tend to forget that she started in HF...she did a lot of runway before she started doing commercial jobs

15 hours ago, secretlife2000 said:

I love how versatile her generation of supers is. You have doutzen, adriana, liu wen, joan ++, so professional, they make everything classy; I think Adriana did well in HF considering she was literally the face of VS. She can pull off sultry and mature which serves her really well, unlike the new crop of VS girls that look very "girl next door". I particularly love her Marc Jacobs campaign...it was so Adri. Also, I think people tend to forget that she started in HF...she did a lot of runway before she started doing commercial jobs

Exactly, Adriana already started working in Vogue and had HF campaigns BEFORE becoming a VS angel. It was further proof that being with the brand can stall things more for you in HF. But the fact that she was already granted first rate work before he contract hit, says something

OMG. Every time i come here to check if there is any update related to her fashion works, i learn she lost another contract. Why didn't she renew her Maybelline contract, it was important. 

What happened Egyptian guy's Prieve Revaux campaign launch event, it canceled too? It supposed to come out by now.

I can't believe i have to wait some Arab guy to launch a collection to see some Adriana pictures or interwiev. 

37 minutes ago, lucyford said:

where did you see that? was she like on someone's story? It just seems too good to be true now lol. 

I noticed she followed Marcio AMaral 3 or 4 days ago. I guessed it was for a reason.  And thanks god it is.

3 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@ekn Thank you for posting. Looks like an editorial. Possibly marie claire based on that one guy working for them?

I seriously don’t mind what it is for, i’m in tears right now.

I just hope it won’t take too much to release.

11 minutes ago, laeteita said:

I seriously don’t mind what it is for, i’m in tears right now.

I just hope it won’t take too much to release.

yeah now we gotta wait to actually see it. But now i see she was posing with an alcoholic beverage in one video posted? sooo maybe not an editorial. but agreed, just glad to see her back