Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Watches and Wonders (formerly SIHH) 2021 will take place digital platform between 7-13 April, participant brands will be represented by their brand ambassadors as influential personalities. A few days later, there will be a physical event in Shangai with lesser brands but IWC will be there with some of their brand ambassadors.

Since this year will be completely different than usual, IWC and other brands have started to do promotional photoshoots and videos for online exhibition, i have no idea if Adriana has done anything yet but i saw other iwc ambassadors already started to promofion for exhibition and shared bts of shootings.

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en/shanghai

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en/geneva

4 hours ago, ekn said:

Watches and Wonders (formerly SIHH) 2021 will take place digital platform between 7-13 April, participant brands will be represented by their brand ambassadors as influential personalities. A few days later, there will be a physical event in Shangai with lesser brands but IWC will be there with some of their brand ambassadors.

Since this year will be completely different than usual, IWC and other brands have started to do promotional photoshoots and videos for online exhibition, i have no idea if Adriana has done anything yet but i saw other iwc ambassadors already started to promofion for exhibition and shared bts of shootings.

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en/shanghai

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en/geneva

It’s like Déjà vu. Same thing happened with Maybelline, even pregnant maybelline girl aka Gigi Hadid did promotional things but Adriana didn’t do anything. Now pregnant Karolina managed to work for IWC but no Adriana...

I seriously can’t wait.

Adriana's career fell off so hard. It is unacceptable! We can't even blame covid because Irina, for example, is booked and busy! I think it was a big mistake to work as her own representation because (as terrible as this sounds) Adriana is ageing, her looks have changed, and she needs to shift her focus dramatically. She did not capitalise on her social clout enough when she was active and so there is no "brand" to speak of for her. A shame. I just hope Irina maintains the strong relationships she has built with Tisci and Donatella and thinks to parlay it into something bigger once she starts to age out too. 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:12 AM, Bellezana said:

Saw a TikTok video about the top 10 highest paid models of 2020 and Adriana ranked 9th. But dont think it was true though. Do Forbes still release a list?

@bellezana I came accross the same news in december last year but i remember Forbes stopped doing the list. Even if they decided to do the list again i don’t think we would see Adriana’s in it. Not because she cannot make it, it is because she has no agency to provide her financial information to the forbes. I read forbes learns models contract information from their modeling agencies and Adriana let us know she is no longer working with any modeling agency.

So i believe that is why she wasn’t on the list in 2018. Forbes gathers the information at the end of the year but Adriana was already left her agency then according to her post.

9 hours ago, Iriana said:

Adriana's career fell off so hard. It is unacceptable! We can't even blame covid because Irina, for example, is booked and busy! I think it was a big mistake to work as her own representation because (as terrible as this sounds) Adriana is ageing, her looks have changed, and she needs to shift her focus dramatically. She did not capitalise on her social clout enough when she was active and so there is no "brand" to speak of for her. A shame. I just hope Irina maintains the strong relationships she has built with Tisci and Donatella and thinks to parlay it into something bigger once she starts to age out too. 

1. Fell Off and can't blame covid?... So you really forgot about all her early 2020 work and 2019 work. I will get to that later tho

2. You always come in her JUST to compare her to Irina.  Thats like putting Adriana down for bella hadid or Jenner. No matter how much work they get, nobody thinks they get it for good reasons. People know who is the superior model, its not them. Adriana has already made her mark, she doesn't have to compete with girls like that, she is 40 and had a long career, call me when they do that. She doesn't have to keep proving herself for the rest of her life because of younger NEO models. She is already a REAL supermodel, she is already Iconic. Thats why she is still being compared to them by FANS during these fashion weeks without even attending, because she has left her mark and is at a higher standard. Its the same case with Irina, Adriana's overall career is better and she did it on her own

I get that you are an Irina stan, but real people know no matter how much Irina utliizes her relationships with her men and friends in the industry, she doesn't book those jobs because she better than Adriana. The fact that Adriana BEEN did what Irina is just now doing, when they are only 5 years apart shows that. Everyone knows it. It will never be okay to try to drag Adriana in the name of someone who didn't get their first Vogue work until they were in their 30s years after dating one of the MOST famous men in the world. Thats not a coincidence. While Adriana has been doing that since she was a teenager, without VS and without a famous boyfriend. It will never make sense to drag her in the name of Irina, its like dragging her for the hadids. It is a new era, models today are NOT getting jobs because they are good. You can criticize Adriana's career without comparing her to someone who depended on men and connections to get where she is about 15 years AFTER Adriana already got hers. If you want to go and praise someone's career that is not built off of their talents and look the most, go to their forum and do that. But adriana BEEN made a name for herself, she has BEEN called a supermodel, and is already seen as an Icon in her industry. She can not be torn down by somebody who still has NOT done all of that yet, and should have been by now. Irina is getting there and JUST now making it happen. To me, if it took that long, when you can see in her work WHY it took that long, considering all of this- she is not worth putting Adriana down for. Adriana def has better stats and more iconic WORK, there is a reason why Adriana had been with maybelline for atleast 10 years, and Irina couldn't even keep her Lo'real contract, a contract that usually lasts just as long as Maybelline contract. So don't start that mess again,. Adriana still has the better career overall. Irina doesn't keep contracts long unless its a friend behind it, and she still hasn't been able to do with ONE brand what Adriana managed to do with VS and Maybelline. And most people find her work boring or cringy, thats not the case with Adriana. People actually feel Adriana is very talented and enjoy her work, which is probably why she didn't need famous men or friendships for her exceptional higher earning career.

That being said, Adriana DID have work at the start of 2020 and in 2019.  You don't forget to compare her to Irina, but you somehow forgot she was alongside Irina in that 2020 MaxMara campaign. She was with Irina on the Vogue Spain 2019 cover and then on Vogue Arabia November 2019. She was still a maybelline girl in 2019-2020, She had her Puma campaign in 2019-2020 and her items sold out constantly, and her sunglasses in 2020, again best seller there . And her last Vogue Cover was April 2020. Adriana has barely traveled since. So IDK what you're on about, You did this when Adriana had an agency, so don't act like its about her lack of one now. . Its been one year and one hard ass year for everybody, Adriana IS not defined by half of a year. The OTHER 20+ years of her career defines her, something else you should actually be hoping for Irina to achieve, that Adriana has already been able to do. Stay around and getting first rate work for THAT long.

1 hour ago, Souled-Out said:

1. Fell Off and can't blame covid?... So you really forgot about all her early 2020 work and 2019 work. I will get to that later tho

2. You always come in her JUST to compare her to Irina.  Thats like putting Adriana down for bella hadid or Jenner. No matter how much work they get, nobody thinks they get it for good reasons. People know who is the superior model, its not them. Adriana has already made her mark, she doesn't have to compete with girls like that, she is 40 and had a long career, call me when they do that. She doesn't have to keep proving herself for the rest of her life because of younger NEO models. She is already a REAL supermodel, she is already Iconic. Thats why she is still being compared to them by FANS during these fashion weeks without even attending, because she has left her mark and is at a higher standard. Its the same case with Irina, Adriana's overall career is better and she did it on her own

I get that you are an Irina stan, but real people know no matter how much Irina utliizes her relationships with her men and friends in the industry, she doesn't book those jobs because she better than Adriana. The fact that Adriana BEEN did what Irina is just now doing, when they are only 5 years apart shows that. Everyone knows it. It will never be okay to try to drag Adriana in the name of someone who didn't get their first Vogue work until they were in their 30s years after dating one of the MOST famous men in the world. Thats not a coincidence. While Adriana has been doing that since she was a teenager, without VS and without a famous boyfriend. It will never make sense to drag her in the name of Irina, its like dragging her for the hadids. It is a new era, models today are NOT getting jobs because they are good. You can criticize Adriana's career without comparing her to someone who depended on men and connections to get where she is about 15 years AFTER Adriana already got hers. If you want to go and praise someone's career that is not built off of their talents and look the most, go to their forum and do that. But adriana BEEN made a name for herself, she has BEEN called a supermodel, and is already seen as an Icon in her industry. She can not be torn down by somebody who still has NOT done all of that yet, and should have been by now. Irina is getting there and JUST now making it happen. To me, if it took that long, when you can see in her work WHY it took that long, considering all of this- she is not worth putting Adriana down for. Adriana def has better stats and more iconic WORK, there is a reason why Adriana had been with maybelline for atleast 10 years, and Irina couldn't even keep her Lo'real contract, a contract that usually lasts just as long as Maybelline contract. So don't start that mess again,. Adriana still has the better career overall. Irina doesn't keep contracts long unless its a friend behind it, and she still hasn't been able to do with ONE brand what Adriana managed to do with VS and Maybelline. And most people find her work boring or cringy, thats not the case with Adriana. People actually feel Adriana is very talented and enjoy her work, which is probably why she didn't need famous men or friendships for her exceptional higher earning career.

That being said, Adriana DID have work at the start of 2020 and in 2019.  You don't forget to compare her to Irina, but you somehow forgot she was alongside Irina in that 2020 MaxMara campaign. She was with Irina on the Vogue Arabia 2019 cover and back on it in November 2019. She was still a maybelline girl in 2019-2020, She had her Puma campaign in 2019-2020 and her items sold out constantly, and her sunglasses in 2020, again best seller there . And her last Vogue Cover was April 2020. Adriana has barely traveled since. So IDK what you're on about, You did this when Adriana had an agency, so don't act like its about her lack of one now. . Its been one year and one hard ass year for everybody, Adriana IS not defined by half of a year. The OTHER 20+ years of her career defines her, something else you should actually be hoping for Irina to achieve, that Adriana has already been able to do. Stay around and getting first rate work for THAT long.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:18 PM, Souled-Out said:

That being said, Adriana DID have work at the start of 2020 and in 2019.  You don't forget to compare her to Irina, but you somehow forgot she was alongside Irina in that 2020 MaxMara campaign. She was with Irina on the Vogue Spain 2019 cover and then on Vogue Arabia November 2019. She was still a maybelline girl in 2019-2020, She had her Puma campaign in 2019-2020 and her items sold out constantly, and her sunglasses in 2020, again best seller there . And her last Vogue Cover was April 2020. Adriana has barely traveled since. So IDK what you're on about, You did this when Adriana had an agency, so don't act like its about her lack of one now. . Its been one year and one hard ass year for everybody, Adriana IS not defined by half of a year. The OTHER 20+ years of her career defines her, something else you should actually be hoping for Irina to achieve, that Adriana has already been able to do. Stay around and getting first rate work for THAT long.

Um... did you really just type all that? Chile...

Adriana is the arguably the most sellable active model in terms of name recognition alone which is why the direction her career has been going of late has been irritating to watch. I have been a supporter of hers for many, many years. I am well within my rights to critique her career whenever I see fit - just as you feel the need to write a thesis on the very few comments I have made in her general discussion. It cannot be denied that Adriana was silly to create a GMAIL email address, posting it on her IG, and declaring herself as taking control of her career. Then later posting something about acceptance of older women in fashion etc. That is not a good look. It does not give the impression that work is coming in. 

At this stage of her career, as she ages out of the industry, she should be relying on whatever management relationships she has already established to move on to bigger and better things. It is not the best time to put things in her own hands. It goes without saying that she is a better model than Irina, however, Irina has capitalised on every single opportunity that has come her way. Whether you think she got it on her back or her knees, she did the damn thing. That doesn't take away from the fact that Adriana has not lived up to her full potential since leaving VS. She is not social media savvy and does not push herself out there as other high profile models do. If she did handle social media more effectively, I'm sure her career would be more active right now. There's a reason why so many are on this forum always asking what's next, what's she up to, where's she going... then nothing. I am well aware of Adriana's work alongside Irina. I am not an Irina stan - I do not stan models or celebrities. I am grown. I post on here sporadically and will continue to freely express my opinions, positive or negative. Have a good day! :)

Indeed, she kinda failed on social media part. But I think that just it. We dont know what's really happening around her. But as her fan, though she no longer needs to prove anything, I really wish to still see her very active especially she still has something to offer and she is still in her full potential. At this time, I am no longer setting my expectation so high regarding her works. Hopefully, one day we'll learn she got a new team for herself.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, Iriana said:

Um... did you really just type all that? Chile...

Adriana is the arguably the most sellable active model in terms of name recognition alone which is why the direction her career has been going of late has been irritating to watch. I have been a supporter of hers for many, many years. I am well within my rights to critique her career whenever I see fit - just as you feel the need to write a thesis on the very few comments I have made in her general discussion. It cannot be denied that Adriana was silly to create a GMAIL email address, posting it on her IG, and declaring herself as taking control of her career. Then later posting something about acceptance of older women in fashion etc. That is not a good look. It does not give the impression that work is coming in. 

At this stage of her career, as she ages out of the industry, she should be relying on whatever management relationships she has already established to move on to bigger and better things. It is not the best time to put things in her own hands. It goes without saying that she is a better model than Irina, however, Irina has capitalised on every single opportunity that has come her way. Whether you think she got it on her back or her knees, she did the damn thing. That doesn't take away from the fact that Adriana has not lived up to her full potential since leaving VS. She is not social media savvy and does not push herself out there as other high profile models do. If she did handle social media more effectively, I'm sure her career would be more active right now. There's a reason why so many are on this forum always asking what's next, what's she up to, where's she going... then nothing. I am well aware of Adriana's work alongside Irina. I am not an Irina stan - I do not stan models or celebrities. I am grown. I post on here sporadically and will continue to freely express my opinions, positive or negative. Have a good day! :)

Did you really just typed two large paragraphs yourself. Just like Irina did x, y and z to finally get where she is. Adriana also did what she had to, Adriana comes from fucking nothing. You're acting like she is lazy 25 year old. She is 40 and has nothing to prove and you don't know what she is doing or WANTS to do right now-she actually removed that email link. What you should know is that she has done too much and still did more than the others for you to talk like that, and she did it the harder way. Adriana BEEN talking about older models in Fashion AND overall representation,  she did in an interview in 2019 while promoting a campaign that she was in.  You keep ignoring that Adriana was doing work up until Covid. The fact that you are ignoring it makes you look like a hater, "grown"  or not. All that first work and the success she had up until covid and you're undermining it completely.

Everybody is tired of you coming in here comparing Adriana to models who couldn't even keep up with other models such as Adriana, at the time that she should have been. It is an oxymoron to try to drag Adriana in comparison. And you have done it whether or not Adriana had an agency. You have done it when Adriana was more active. You're not admitting the work Adriana has done between 2018-early 2020, that was without an agency anyway: Adriana has been without one since 2018 according to her post. Adriana had a campaign for MiuMiu in 2018, BCBG in 2019, and MaxMara in 2020, and Vogue Covers and puma and the glasses, her deal with Chopard's and Maybelline also in between those years. Who gives a shit about social media and what other social media era models do when you're already an iconic supermodel and has been working consistently from ages 16-39, she BEEN doing the damn thing. When Irina has that many years and broke records like her, then you can talk.

Irina and the rest of the models in this generation are NO type of standard for Adriana if anything its the reverse.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:33 PM, laeteita said:

It’s like Déjà vu. Same thing happened with Maybelline, even pregnant maybelline girl aka Gigi Hadid did promotional things but Adriana didn’t do anything. Now pregnant Karolina managed to work for IWC but no Adriana...

I seriously can’t wait.

Another brand deal SOME people forgot she has done since leaving VS was her deal with Chopard's in 2019, she had a campaign with them. Thats Jewelry and they sell watches. We haven't seen Adriana work with IWC since she worked with Chopard's in 2019. So that deal has been over with actually. Because they are both Jewelry and it would be a contradiction in terms of contract. I don't recall Karolina having another jewelry brand deal outside of IWC so it makes sense she was still there.

I think that was a good move on Adriana's part because she had been working with SWC since 2011. Chopard's is another brand under her belt. So IWC was crossed out when she got another deal

Bold of you to assume Adriana actually wants to be working that much, sis is nearly 40, has two children and is rich. Why would she go out of her way to do those jobs? I'm sorry but Adriana doesn't need to be working to stay relevant, she doesn't need to rely on social media or her private life to book jobs. I'm pretty sure she's prioritizing other things in her life now over flying to some place for two days for an editorial or a show, I think the fact that she moved to Miami instead of staying in NYC says a lot about what she wanted. And particularly during 2020 I can see why she decided to just stay put in Miami, expecting her to have been traveling for would be ridiculous. 

I'm sure she still wants to keep working, but she'll do it in her own terms, she already accomplished every modeling goal she had when she was in her 20s. I adore her and of course wish we'd see more of her but I can also understand that she's now taking exclusively the jobs she truly wants, instead of taking whatever she is offered. She doesn't need the PR, she doesn't need the money, she doesn't need more connections.

4 hours ago, Light72B said:

Why to defend Adriana you need to atack other models? I dont see that in other threads.

Why to praise other models like Irina, attack Adriana? This is Adriana's forum not Irina's, thats not gonna be okay here.  I don't see THAT in other threads. Nobody is going in Irina's thread and shooting her down for not having the career of Gisele , Adriana, or Naomi. SO ya'll don't come in Adriana's thread to shoot her down for not having 1 year, out of 20, like Irina. Don't be a hypocrite. A person can criticize Adriana without constantly comparing her and shooting her down for the same model. If you all don't want people being honest about Irina, don't bring her up here. WE did not bring up Irina here, fans are and that leaves open space for her to be criticized as well.

Also you are missing the point that the person basically wants her to behave like models of this generation, when Adriana herself is not from the generation, she is beyond that. It is important that its recognized

I think it is fair to say Adriana wants to work. Not like a model scrambling around all over the place trying to make a name for herself of course. But she had said during covid when she wasn't working that she missed working and was excited about working with people in her no agency post. Yes Adriana is a mom and already rich. But I don't think she wants to be sitting around home by herself sometimes since her time with her kids is split with Marko after all. Like currently they are vacationing without her. So I dont think that plays a big roll in her situation in terms of being able to travel for a couple days since she cant have them 24/7 either way. Also, Adriana has been living in Miami since like 2008, lets not act like she just made the move and it is supposed to be a sign of her taking a step back. Nor is it far from NY. This past year tho it is unfair to have expected Adriana to have been traveling much. She did a couple times and we still dont know what it was for. 

I do think it would benefit her most to go back to having a team. But it is also unfair to act as if Adriana literally did nothing before covid. Seems like some are forgetting that was one of her most busy years in a long time. 

Also, none of the usual users on here wanted to talk about other models here. But if you come in to talk down about Adriana by comparing her to another model, you should expect people to defend Adriana rightfully so.

I agree that AT THIS POINT we don't know what Adriana has going on or even planned.

Like we haven't even seen her at the gym because she hasn't even been sharing that. It was last year when she made that statement, and she actually removed that email from her bio. That is for a reason. So, at this point we don't know how people are going to be able to contact her for stuff. We do not know why this change was made but it has to mean something.

Clearly some things have changed and we do not know what. We do not know what she is up to or her next plans, or where she wants to head as of now. But I don't agree with anybody talking about her as if she is a half accomplished 25 year old model who is lazy and letting people down. She is allowed to do what she wants after 20+ years, she's grown too, let her figure it out and be more real with how great her career has been thus far as well as her impact. And yes, as I stated she had one of her most active years between 2018-early 2020 (before covid)

But Adriana's fans are the ones that bring other models name! Constantly! It's obvious someone else's success is bothering people in this thread whether you want to accept it or not. And Adriana deserves better than that.

@Light up it is not usual for people to ever talk down about other models here to lift up Adriana. Adriana does not need that, her own career can speak for itself. In this case tho, it is understandable why it happened. Because someone decided to bring down Adriana by comparing her to another model. It was not said for no reason. It isn't like Adriana fans went to another models thread to bring them down. It was the opposite. No reason to call out the person who was defending Adriana on her own thread. I think your comment would have been better suited for the user who came in here to "attack" Adriana in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Light72B said:

But Adriana's fans are the ones that bring other models name! Constantly! It's obvious someone else's success is bothering people in this thread whether you want to accept it or not. And Adriana deserves better than that.

You need to read again, someone ELSE came in here bring Adriana down in comparison to Irina-another model. You're literally acting as if we were talking badly about other models here. We were not. Stop lying, you need to accept that, if ya'll don't want people talking about your favorite models, DO NOT bring them up to try to attack Adriana in her own forum. That is how this started and YOU need to accept that. Wasn't nobody talking about other models until the other Irina stan came in. If you all don't want people talking about other models, don't try to use them to bring Adriana down, PERIOD.

Adriana deserves better than to be put down for other models who still aren't on her level and ya'll deserve to know that too 💖