Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

24 minutes ago, laeteita said:

Did she stop working with FullPicture/Andrea too? I can't access their client list on their website, it asks for password.  

Prob not if it’s true she’s been doing this since 2018. Andrea was the one accompanying her to most things since Chris stopped. 

So this is where I'm lost.

A modeling agency's job is supposed to be to book jobs for a model for which they receive some commission.  For a new model, they do all the prep work (i.e. test shoots, assembling a portfolio, sending them to castings, etc.) but certainly for a model as big as Adriana (who clients would ask for directly) they don't need to get her name out there.  I imagine at a regular modeling agency, the bookers are not hustling for these girls.  They're devoting a lot more time and energy to the girls super in-demand right now (Bella, etc.) and new faces.  I imagine the older girls get less attention and the bookers/agents take it kinda easy since those girls are more established.  I think a modeling agency is beneficial in negotiating deals for model groups.  Example, Vogue wants a cover with 5 models so an agency might package the group together and throw in faces they're trying to promote.  But are you telling me that if Vogue Italia went to The Society and said, "we want to book Adriana," that The Society wouldn't check with Adriana and if she's available then just book it?  I find it hard to believe that Adriana who is kinda reclusive is schmoozing and networking with the casting directors and hustling to promote herself.  If it's true then power to her, but it seems a little beneath her for a model of her caliber which is why I'm assuming the agents/bookers are necessary.

Now the whole point of CAA is that they are supposedly charging less commission and exposing their fashion clients to a broader range of opportunities (i.e. industries the previous modeling agencies had no exposure to like television, etc.) Also the KCDxCAA joint venture was interesting because it basically allowed them to offer a complete range of services to a client.  For example, they could go to Versace and say, "hey we will design and produce your runway show and we can even fill in part of your casting with our models" so it's a complete solution that would perhaps be more streamlined, could be cheaper, etc.  So from this perspective, it allows the models more exposure to certain clients, seems like win-win to me.  

Adriana is still following Cristian Carino, for whatever that means.  But I find it difficult to believe that she would have more success without an agency.  The only model I know without agencies (or who started agencies for themselves) are Coco Rocha and Kate Moss.  Kate does fantastic, but she's at a different level, and Coco's bookings are pretty mediocre.  I just don't understand why a model like her wouldn't shop around until they found an agency willing to hustle for her.  Basically go around and say, who wants my business, book me a Vogue Paris cover then.  I find it hard to believe she's taking that on herself.  But just my two cents.  

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/caa-kcd-fashion-services-agency-joint-venture-1234748333/

30 minutes ago, Marsnoop said:

So this is where I'm lost.

A modeling agency's job is supposed to be to book jobs for a model for which they receive some commission.  For a new model, they do all the prep work (i.e. test shoots, assembling a portfolio, sending them to castings, etc.) but certainly for a model as big as Adriana (who clients would ask for directly) they don't need to get her name out there.  I imagine at a regular modeling agency, the bookers are not hustling for these girls.  They're devoting a lot more time and energy to the girls super in-demand right now (Bella, etc.) and new faces.  I imagine the older girls get less attention and the bookers/agents take it kinda easy since those girls are more established.  I think a modeling agency is beneficial in negotiating deals for model groups.  Example, Vogue wants a cover with 5 models so an agency might package the group together and throw in faces they're trying to promote.  But are you telling me that if Vogue Italia went to The Society and said, "we want to book Adriana," that The Society wouldn't check with Adriana and if she's available then just book it?  I find it hard to believe that Adriana who is kinda reclusive is schmoozing and networking with the casting directors and hustling to promote herself.  If it's true then power to her, but it seems a little beneath her for a model of her caliber which is why I'm assuming the agents/bookers are necessary.

Now the whole point of CAA is that they are supposedly charging less commission and exposing their fashion clients to a broader range of opportunities (i.e. industries the previous modeling agencies had no exposure to like television, etc.) Also the KCDxCAA joint venture was interesting because it basically allowed them to offer a complete range of services to a client.  For example, they could go to Versace and say, "hey we will design and produce your runway show and we can even fill in part of your casting with our models" so it's a complete solution that would perhaps be more streamlined, could be cheaper, etc.  So from this perspective, it allows the models more exposure to certain clients, seems like win-win to me.  

Adriana is still following Cristian Carino, for whatever that means.  But I find it difficult to believe that she would have more success without an agency.  The only model I know without agencies (or who started agencies for themselves) are Coco Rocha and Kate Moss.  Kate does fantastic, but she's at a different level, and Coco's bookings are pretty mediocre.  I just don't understand why a model like her wouldn't shop around until they found an agency willing to hustle for her.  Basically go around and say, who wants my business, book me a Vogue Paris cover then.  I find it hard to believe she's taking that on herself.  But just my two cents.  

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/caa-kcd-fashion-services-agency-joint-venture-1234748333/

Yup see that’s the thing, Adriana yes she’s an established model who knows a lot of people in the business. But Adriana doesn’t really have many friendships with people in the industry. She’s the type to show up to work and go home and never see any of those people again until she got another job with them or ran into them at an event. While other models are frankly kissing ass to get jobs. I don’t want to be negative because she did get decent work last year if she did do that on her own, but Adriana doesn’t seem to have it all figured out. I mean she just now made that new business email? Just now got rid of the society’s email and put hers? Not to mention the email sounds pretty unprofessional. Is it gonna be [email protected] next year?

But like someone said, this is reversible. She could go back to an agency later. But Adriana has always seemed stubborn to the point where she would be having to book nothing for her to realize she needs an agency. 

Im however not too certain she left CAA. She had just recently 2 posts ago said she was signed with CAA on a comment. And according to her caption, she’s been on her own since 2018. CAA she signed with in 2019. And I believe it was CAA pushing her to more events than usual last year (VMAs, movie premier, etc)

Completely agree with what you comment, @Marsnoop @lucyford. Adriana is not Irina Shayk, in the sense that Irina (for example) is always hanging out with designers, editors and other important people in the industry, and I LOVE Irina, she is an amazing model, but surely she wouldn't have so much success and so much work if it weren't because she knows how to win and keep the important contacts in the industry. Adriana's circle of friends is very small and highly concentrated in Miami, which is normal because she has lived in Miami for many years, but Miami isn't an important city in the fashion industry. Her friends from the gym aren't going to get her a Vogue cover. It's something that fans have always commented a lot about Adriana, that we miss seeing her surrounded by people from the industry, but that is a personal decision and I respect that she did not want to get involved beyond what is strictly necessary. Plus, she's the mother of two little girls, and if she's also working on launching her own makeup and skincare line, it might be too much work for her.

I am positive that Adriana is still affiliated with CAA as her agency. However, it could be for her business only (depending on the contract) . Maybe, for the last 2 years, since she has no agent, she has to deal with the client directly and herself alone. 

And so, she has decided to just do it on her own completely. It could also be that CAA was not really there to support her modeling career when she signed with them (as for business only) so she didnt think of getting them to be her "modelling" agency. 

By the way, if this is the case, she really has no team. So, our call out to Adriana's "team" for not telling her not post or say this, blah blah was nothing. Lol. 

Now, im thinking if Adriana would level up her social medial skill. I still believe social media marketing/networking would definitely help her continue climb up with this social media era now. 

1 hour ago, adamama said:

By the way, if this is the case, she really has no team. So, our call out to Adriana's "team" for not telling her not post or say this, blah blah was nothing. Lol. 

Andrea I believe is still her publicist. Notice how all last year when we didn’t know about Adriana’s status regarding an agency, Andrea was always there with her on shoots/events. I believe Andrea still works for her. Before covid happened, Andrea accompanied Adriana to Vanity Fair and her trip to Qatar with Dogpound

3 hours ago, borg said:

Completely agree with what you comment, @Marsnoop @lucyford. Adriana is not Irina Shayk, in the sense that Irina (for example) is always hanging out with designers, editors and other important people in the industry, and I LOVE Irina, she is an amazing model, but surely she wouldn't have so much success and so much work if it weren't because she knows how to win and keep the important contacts in the industry. Adriana's circle of friends is very small and highly concentrated in Miami, which is normal because she has lived in Miami for many years, but Miami isn't an important city in the fashion industry. Her friends from the gym aren't going to get her a Vogue cover. It's something that fans have always commented a lot about Adriana, that we miss seeing her surrounded by people from the industry, but that is a personal decision and I respect that she did not want to get involved beyond what is strictly necessary. Plus, she's the mother of two little girls, and if she's also working on launching her own makeup and skincare line, it might be too much work for her.

Agree. If Adriana doesn’t want to sorround herself around people in the industry and live in Miami where no one important in fashion really is, great she can live as she pleases. But this only seeing people from the industry thing expect while working/events, is not going to work to get her jobs. And now that you mention her working on her own line, I agree it could be too much work for her managing everything. 

21 hours ago, lucyford said:

Prob not if it’s true she’s been doing this since 2018. Andrea was the one accompanying her to most things since Chris stopped. 

To be honest i didn’t even understand what she meant by not having an agent/agency since 2018. We all saw Chris with her in 2019 March at Daily Front Row awards. But anyway i’m not gonna focus on that,

My only concern is how she manage her PR. 
Do we know did she signed contract with Full Picture?, i mean PR Agencies usually don’t work with contract system but if she was under contract, this explain why she waited until yesterday to announce. Maybe her contract recently ended and she waited to be totally free to share her business info.

50 minutes ago, laeteita said:

To be honest i didn’t even understand what she meant by not having an agent/agency since 2018. We all saw Chris with her in 2019 March at Daily Front Row awards. But anyway i’m not gonna focus on that,

My only concern is how she manage her PR. 
Do we know did she signed contract with Full Picture, i mean PR Agencies usually don’t work with contract system but if she was under contract, this explain why she waited until yesterday to announce. Maybe her contract recently ended and she waited to be totally free share business info.

Well if she doesn’t even have a PR team anymore then that’s completely a wrong move. Adriana clearly has a lot to learn still about promoting herself when she can’t even figure social media. All during quarantine, Adriana looked like she kept trying to cancel herself. 

2 hours ago, lucyford said:

Well if she doesn’t even have a PR team anymore then that’s completely a wrong move. Adriana clearly has a lot to learn still about promoting herself when she can’t even figure social media. All during quarantine, Adriana looked like she kept trying to cancel herself. 

Yeh  She need a GREAT PR Team, because they have to teatch her how to do things. She need to learn how to use her social midia for her won benefith. And during the quarantine, I was very surprise people didnt went harsh on her.. I mean, during this whole pandemic thing, she was always doing a party with a lot of people, she didn't went to the whole #stayhome thing, If she do that in Brazil people will cancel her very fast. 

And about her e-mail adress OMG, this is look like thoses e-mail we start to creat in the begin of 00's era lol

3 hours ago, Miss Bathory said:

Yeh  She need a GREAT PR Team, because they have to teatch her how to do things. She need to learn how to use her social midia for her won benefith. And during the quarantine, I was very surprise people didnt went harsh on her.. I mean, during this whole pandemic thing, she was always doing a party with a lot of people, she didn't went to the whole #stayhome thing, If she do that in Brazil people will cancel her very fast. 

And about her e-mail adress OMG, this is look like thoses e-mail we start to creat in the begin of 00's era lol

Well I wouldn’t say she was having parties during the pandemic other than her birthday. Which was wrong and prob why she didn’t post about it. But other things she was just hanging out at her house with the same couple friends. What I meant by her appearing to want to cancel herself, was all the idiotic conspiracy things. And that repost making people believe she’s a trump supporter. She doesn’t seem to think about how people will interpret things. 

Yeah the email... she needs to change. No one should put their age on their business email. But who knows when she’ll figure it out. I wanted to be positive about her deciding to manage her own career. But if she can’t figure out things as small as an email, then I’m not sure I can see her figuring all that out.

4 minutes ago, lucyford said:

Well I wouldn’t say she was having parties during the pandemic other than her birthday. Which was wrong and prob why she didn’t post about it. But other things she was just hanging out at her house with the same couple friends. What I meant by her appearing to want to cancel herself, was all the idiotic conspiracy things. And that repost making people believe she’s a trump supporter. She doesn’t seem to think about how people will interpret things. 

Yeah the email... she needs to change. No one should put their age on their business email. But who knows when she’ll figure it out. I wanted to be positive about her deciding to manage her own career. But if she can’t figure out things as small as an email, then I’m not sure I can see her figuring all that out.

Yeh, but her friends was a lot of friends. I even tought they were  spending the quarantine time together you know? About the conspiracy I think she stop a little, maybe someone say to her. It can bbe worst than Madonna and AJ Kapa lol.

I think she creat the email in a little rush and it was without ideias, you know? Maybe some personal Assistent say anything to her about this. If she has been all by herself without angency since 2018, so I think she's good. I hope she do the right think,

1 hour ago, Miss Bathory said:

Yeh, but her friends was a lot of friends. I even tought they were  spending the quarantine time together you know? About the conspiracy I think she stop a little, maybe someone say to her. It can bbe worst than Madonna and AJ Kapa lol.

I think she creat the email in a little rush and it was without ideias, you know? Maybe some personal Assistent say anything to her about this. If she has been all by herself without angency since 2018, so I think she's good. I hope she do the right think,

I think it was really just the same like 3 friends she was always with in their house or her house. But we never saw her not practicing social distancing out in public before things opened up.The only thing I thought was wrong was her bday party.

I like others don’t understand what she means by been on her own since 2018. Because Chris was still accompanying her to things in 2018, like that Puma class thing she did for influencers in Miami in Decemberish. Chris was also at that fashion awards thing with her in 2019 as someone mentioned. She signed with CAA in 2019. And Andrea was still working with her up until most recently going with her to Vanity Fair and Qatar. So I really don’t understand this been by herself since 2018 thing. Maybe she just meant that she didn’t have a modeling agency since then because it appears she left The Society late 2018 or early 2019. I would have a hard time believing she got a Puma contract on her own because that’s a big contract. I actually think she was trying to say the period between 2019 and currently. 

5 minutes ago, Sophie20 said:

I'm lost here...It was a letter of presentation? She was asking for a job?! I don't get the point

She announced that she doesn’t have a modeling agency anymore. That it’s been that way since like 2018. And that things she did last year she got on her own like Vogue Spain/Arabia. That she plans to continue to manage her own career. And she added at the end that she’s looking forward to working with more people and that they know how to find her.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sophie20 said:

Lais was in Miami with Adriana in her birthday?

I believe yes. Marko’s recent instagram post got me think Lais was with Adriana. Lais’ bf and her son are together with Marko and girls on Marko’s boat  apparently.