Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

21 hours ago, adamama said:

I had a crazy guess before that she is no longer an ambassador. I was just thinking that the deal was good for 5 years. She signed up on 2014 and probably ended on 2019. But I remembered Maybelline donated to BR foundation on behalf of adriana, so i was thinking it was just a grateful act, you know, just being thankful to adriana for the years she spent with them. But maybe i was just overthinking😅

Yeh, but in the makeup challenge, she Tagged Maybelline. But during the quarantine, they did a instalive with Josephine, Emily ( more than 1) and Gigi, but no one with Adriana. So it's kinda weird, and now everyone was in the shoots beside Gigi for obvious reasons. So I really don't know.

37 minutes ago, ekn said:

@laeteita we already knew she signed with CAA for her brand not for her fashion career. With this post she announced it to whole world.

She changed her e-mail adress on her social media accounts to this: [email protected].

Wow! That was why we were all worried because CAA, as far as we know, is for mainly brand marketing. It is good that she finally shared her status with the agency. I would now understand her more if she is lacking work. It is hard to hustle this time especially with no agency or agent. 

She is Adriana Lima, one of the most successful models of this century, surely she has made many contacts and has learned a lot about how the industry works, but I don't know if this of not having the help of an important agency added to the fact that she seems not knowing how to use her RRSS quite well to promote herself like all models do... I don't know, her decision creates doubts, I just hope that she has more jobs than in recent times.

It's not like it's very relevant, but that her professional email is a gmail with her last name and her age... it seems somewhat amateur considering that we are talking about such a successful model.

30 minutes ago, borg said:

She is Adriana Lima, one of the most successful models of this century, surely she has made many contacts and has learned a lot about how the industry works, but I don't know if this of not having the help of an important agency added to the fact that she seems not knowing how to use her RRSS quite well to promote herself like all models do... I don't know, her decision creates doubts, I just hope that she has more jobs than in recent times.

It's not like it's very relevant, but that her professional email is a gmail with her last name and her age... it seems somewhat amateur considering that we are talking about such a successful model.

I unfortunately agree...

But to me it sounds like she left CAA??? Why would she be making this kind on announcement just now when she has been with CAA and left The Society for like 2 years now?

Agree with you @borg very unprofessional for her. Very sad.

In the post’s caption she says she didn’t have any agency or agent after 2018. And got works by herself @lucyford maybe she planned to announce it earlier but for some reasons she had to delayed. 
But i must say i don’t think she’ll get any good campaign.

6 minutes ago, patt said:

Agree with you @borg very unprofessional for her. Very sad.

In the post’s caption she says she didn’t have any agency or agent after 2018. And got works by herself @lucyford maybe she planned to announce it earlier but for some reasons she had to delayed. 
But i must say i don’t think she’ll get any good campaign.

But CAA is an agency???? And has an expanding fashion section 

13 minutes ago, lucyford said:

But CAA is an agency???? And has an expanding fashion section 

Yes lucyford but it seems it is true that she works with them not for modeling business but for brand managing branch for her kosmetic brand or whatever it will be. It all make sense she didn’t involve CAA this post since this post is all about her model business. Which CAA isn’t.

6 minutes ago, patt said:

Yes lucyford but it seems it is true that she works with them not for modeling business but for brand managing branch for her kosmetic brand or whatever it will be. It all make sense she didn’t involve CAA this post since this post is all about her model business. Which CAA isn’t.

I guess I’m confused as to what CAA does exactly then. They have a decent group of models signed looking at that CAA fashion page

3 hours ago, ekn said:

@laeteita we already knew she signed with CAA for her brand not for her fashion career. With this post she announced it to whole world.

She changed her e-mail adress on her social media accounts to this: [email protected]

Yes i know these details.
Adriana has never listed as a ‘Talent’ by Caa but as a ‘client’ unlike models who collobrate with them. 

And i received a Facebook notification that says Adriana Lima changed her contact info as well.
That wasn’t what i asked actually. I can’t believe she is refusing to sign with any model agency. Why? Why did she decided to do this. She couldn’t manage to get any Vogue US or UK while having the most influential agencies behind her, now it is impossible. I would understand if she wants to slow down but she implied she wants Vogue covers and walk for more runway show on her recent ig post. I hope i’m wrong but if she insists on not signing with a decent modeling agency, i can’t see her survive in this industry. She doesn’t even care her repution judging by her controversial stories. But i wish good luck to her...

I won't probably miss her agency's management because it wasn't that present to be honest, I mean they never promoted her a tenth of what she deserved (too busy with Kendall and other new models I guess...), and if this change lets her do what she likes best, why not? People will still call her, she's Adriana Lima, one of the most popular names in fashion and behiond. She survived with the terible marketing strategy they had these years just fine, so worst than that it can't go lol.

CAA is not a modeling agency per se, they are indeed more focused in business and brands, I am sure if Adriana is planning to launch her own skin care/make up line, that's what she needs CAA for. But to book editorials, shows or campaigns? She's damn right she doesn't need an agency, she's is one of the biggest names in the industry from the past two decades, I'm sure she already knows everyone she needs to know and brands/editors have their made up their mind about Adriana already, it's not like she needs to get her name out there anymore.

If Adriana was a newer, no-name girl then I'd be more worried and convinced this was a huge mistake, but considering where she is in her career, I honestly think it's fine but we'll see.

21 minutes ago, Clauds said:

CAA is not a modeling agency per se, they are indeed more focused in business and brands, I am sure if Adriana is planning to launch her own skin care/make up line, that's what she needs CAA for. But to book editorials, shows or campaigns? She's damn right she doesn't need an agency, she's is one of the biggest names in the industry from the past two decades, I'm sure she already knows everyone she needs to know and brands/editors have their made up their mind about Adriana already, it's not like she needs to get her name out there anymore.

If Adriana was a newer, no-name girl then I'd be more worried and convinced this was a huge mistake, but considering where she is in her career, I honestly think it's fine but we'll see.

I agree. And even if it doesn't go as planned, she can always just go back and sign up to another agency guys. This something completely reversible if need be. Not like she did something permanent, its something that can be fixed if it needs to be 

Also, in her caption she mentioned the work she has gotten from 2018 up to this point, was actually by HERSELF. And thats good because thats more than 2 Vogue covers and campaigns with miu miu, BCBG, and MaxMara. So its not like it hasn't worked out before. Lets hope it continues to. And even if not, it takes nothing for her to sign up to another agency again as I said.

She is Adriana Lima and can work it with an agency or without it. 

About CAA 

CAA is a modeling agency. They were building the fashion department for 2 years and official launch it this year. All the models left their other main modeling agency when the singed with CAA. In Adrianas model.com page you can see that she is singed with them in the model AND talent department.

47 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

I agree. And even if it doesn't go as planned, she can always just go back and sign up to another agency guys. This something completely reversible if need be. Not like she did something permanent, its something that can be fixed if it needs to be 

Also, in her caption she mentioned the work she has gotten from 2018 up to this point, was actually by HERSELF. And thats good because thats more than 2 Vogue covers and campaigns with miu miu, BCBG, and MaxMara. So its not like it hasn't worked out before. Lets hope it continues to. And even if not, it takes nothing for her to sign up to another agency again as I said.

I think she didn’t leave The Society tho until towards the end of 2018. I think Miu Miu was through The Society. I’m not worried that she left The Society since yes they were not doing much for her. We were all saying last year that CAA was doing more for her but it turns out that was just her. I just think maybe she could still benefit more from being with another agency.   

@adamama exactly. 100% agree with you. That’s what i mentioned on candid thread last month. She cares quality of the work not quantity but she wouldn’t guess there will be a pandemic and it will be 10 times harder to get work.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:06 PM, ekn said:

I want to see her working too but in this Pandemic and without having any modeling agency to support her, it must be hard.

2 hours ago, lucyford said:

I think she didn’t leave The Society tho until towards the end of 2018. I think Miu Miu was through The Society. I’m not worried that she left The Society since yes they were not doing much for her. We were all saying last year that CAA was doing more for her but it turns out that was just her. I just think maybe she could still benefit more from being with another agency.   

No I feel like they have been gone for awhile. And adriana told the full story of how she got with miu miu it was def more personal and through kegrand, and kegrand actually commeneted under her post out of support