Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

1 hour ago, lucyford said:

Intresting tweet. Adriana has mentioned people would call her too skinny and make fun and how she didn’t think she was beautiful. But honestly I didn’t think she was called ugly.

18F3F9AC-776E-43A7-8E5F-823925CDE76F.jpeg

uh adriana has never claimed to be bullied. She thought that SHE was too skinny to be a model. Watch the 2007 VS Fashion Show, when she talks about her career, she explains it. She didn't think this because people told her that she was too skinny. She felt personally that she was too skinny and wasn't good enough because it was the 90s, models were known to be curvy at that time, this was when she was 14. So, its like 1994 and she is super skinny and models at that time were not. This was before Gisele got discovered, so this was before models being pretty skinny was a thing, THATS why Adriana thought that.

Adriana has said the opposite. She said people always told her that she was so pretty and should model but she personally felt like she wasn't good enough at that time, because it was before the big brazilian model and skinny model take over. Adriana never said people complained about her looks, they always praised them. She just didn't believe it herself. Also, when Ale talked about being bullied because of her looks and it causing her to get her ears done at a young age, Adriana was mute. She didn't have anything to add because she didn't really experience things like that. Also, Adriana used to win beauty pageants right before she did modelling. There are photos of her doing so. What ugly duckling kid do you know win beauty pageants as a little girl lol.  So that tweet is VERY skeptical to me. They probably have her mistaken because Adriana has basically been using her looks every since elementary school

@Souled-Out Just cause Adriana has never claimed being bullied doesn’t mean that’s not true. Ale talking about being bullied for her ears was another thing. I remeber the interviewers kept asking Ale about it next to Adri cause they knew Ale had ear plastic surgery and Ale seemed uncomfortable. I don’t see why someone would need to make up that Adri was bullied in school. They said what school she went to too. Plus, maybe it was jealous mean girls who could’ve made fun of her. She’s said before she was very studious/nerdy.

14 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@Souled-Out Just cause Adriana has never claimed being bullied doesn’t mean that’s not true. Ale talking about being bullied for her ears was another thing. I remeber the interviewers kept asking Ale about it next to Adri cause they knew Ale had ear plastic surgery and Ale seemed uncomfortable. I don’t see why someone would need to make up that Adri was bullied in school. They said what school she went to too. Plus, maybe it was mean girls who could’ve made fun of her. She’s said before she was very studious/nerdy.

I would believe details about Adriana's life from Adriana more than a random person on twitter. People get adriana mistaken for alot of things on there, they mistake her personality, they upload photos of her thats not her, they misquote her. It happens alot.  And thats not something that is known to be apart of her story. Its not something she has said. Also, just looking at all those photos of Adriana from childhood, she looks the same and was always beautiful so, yes I will have a hard time believing what someone on twitter says. because Adriana never said that herself, and looking at her childhood photos and knowing her story, I can see why Adriana never said that. Like I said, Adriana was winning beauty pageants in elementry school and when she was 14, which is directly after elementary school, is when she started becoming successful at modelling. By 17 years old she is working for brands like VS. Somewhere in between then Adriana is supposed to be an ugly duckling. It does not add up

Also that interview with Adriana and Alessandra was not geared towards just alessandra. They were both getting interviewed and were both asked if they had ever been bullied and it was only Ale had something to say.

@Souled-Out Well obviously Adriana herslef is the more reliable source but she’s never said she was or wasn’t bullied/made fun of. But if someone went to school with her, there’s no mistaking things like that.

And in the interview with Ale, they didn’t ask them if they were bullied in their life or even if they had insecurity. The invterviewer just brought up how Ale used to pin her ears back cause it is known she had plastic surgery. 

But what Adriana did say was apart of her success story was people constantly telling her she SHOULD model because she was so pretty, she just didn't believe them because she felt other models were better looking. Thats the point, Adriana basically has been told her whole life she was good looking enough to be who she is today. And that tweet basically said the opposite, that she was being told that she was ugly. What Adriana said sounds believable because you could see in the photos why people said such things and thats why she was always able to use her looks.

Like I said, its just a random tweet. Its not something anybody has to believe. But you do have to take someone's word for what they tell you about their OWN life

25 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

But what Adriana did say was apart of her success story was people constantly telling her she SHOULD model because she was so pretty, she just didn't believe them because she felt other models were better looking. Thats the point, Adriana basically has been told her whole life she was good looking enough to be who she is today. And that tweet basically said the opposite, that she was being told that she was ugly. What Adriana said sounds believable because you could see in the photos why people said such things and thats why she was always able to use her looks.

Like I said, its just a random tweet. Its not something anybody has to believe. But you do have to take someone's word for what they tell you about their OWN life

There’s not even many photos of Adriana as a kid tho. And she said she never thought she was beautiful. Being told in school by people explains why she didn’t think she was beautiful. If everyone was always telling her she was, i think that’s what wouldnt add up. And again, Adriana has never said anything about that. So we wouldn’t know. It’s not like I’m not taking her word. She’s never said anything.

5 hours ago, lucyford said:

Refollowing Emir could mean something. Adriana never refollows a recent ex just cause. Once she stopped doing that with Metin/Joe, they never reappaeared again. I also doubt Adriana cares about what Edelman’s fans say. On another note, Marco Borielllo whom she just reposted on stories, has always followed Adriana. She recently followed him when in Spain and it’s possible she was hanging out with him yesterday looking at his stories. 

I am glad she followed that marco guy back, he has obviously been an admirer for YEARS. Literally since like 2014 I think. Also he is cute

2 hours ago, lucyford said:

There’s not even many photos of Adriana as a kid tho. And she said she never thought she was beautiful. Being told in school by people explains why she didn’t think she was beautiful. If everyone was always telling her she was, i think that’s what wouldnt add up. And again, Adriana has never said anything about that. So we wouldn’t know. It’s not like I’m not taking her word. She’s never said anything.

Another user remembers/knows what I am talking about, in one of her interviews she has talked about her experience more. Adriana still didn't think she was that beautiful when she first started working for VS. It took a long time for her to like her looks. Some people don't think they aren't beautiful just because of what people tell them. They don't because they compare themselves to other people and Adriana def admitted that. She used to not want to do casting for jobs and was pushed to, she didn't feel comfortable doing it because she felt the other models had something she didn't

http://adrianalima1.tripod.com/Interview2.htm

@Souled-Out All Im saying is I don’t think it is completely unbelievable to think Adriana may or may not have been made fun of in school for whatever reason. We know she’s shy and she’s said she was always in the books in her school days. 

On another note, can’t belive her VS runway video went viral again this year. It’s got like 5M views on Twitter and it’s not like she posted it or something. 

Adriana was always very pretty..alwaus won all the beauty contest at school... what she said once at a brazilian magazine was "in brazil they prefer short woman with big boot" and she is tall and skinny..nobody never said she was ugly but just very skinny

Who is marco borrielo?.. and i think she is talking to emir again

For the 100th time this has gone out of control. This is Adriana's thread, not Adriana's ex-boyfriends threads.  Imma start removing nonsense posts about Edelman, Emir and etc. If yall keep going this route this thread will be closed, we've handed way too many warnings over this.

I had to delete 20+ posts discussing the women her ex-boyfriends are dating, that is not related to Adriana at all, if you want to discuss general celebrity gossip, there's a thread dedicated to it and it is not this one, if there's no updates on Adriana then so be it, no need to bring up the same useless discussion about her personal life over and over again. This thread has had way too many warnings about the same thing and quite frankly I've had it. This is the last time I will post the same warning, next time I'll just bring it to the admins and close the thread.

Wow I've never seen such a rude response to posters than from you @Clauds Adriana's current lovers, interests, and  ex's are her personal life but so are so many other things which are discussed on here. On MANY general discussion threads posters talk about models interests, husbands, bfs, or past lovers. I think this should be brought to the admins attention. Adriana's love life has been discussed on here quite extensively in the past to no objection, and if you look through the thread you will see that. Additionally, has it ever occurred to you, and my guess is that it hasn't with your "FOR THE 100 time" exaggeration that some posters are new posters and may not have seen your 1000 so-called warnings. You may want to watch your tone to posters, it's not welcoming at all and comes off as very rude and condescending. Just saying. At any rate I will bring this to the admins attention as well for clarification, as there is nothing that was posted which was a violation as per the forum rules.

@miauhaus Right this is the first warning of such I have seen. I didn’t realize talking about Adriana’s boyfriends wasn’t allowed in a “general discussion” thread. It’s not like anyone was talking about someone completely irrelevant to Adriana nor was it interfering in other discussions about Adriana.

On 3/25/2005 at 12:29 PM, Neo52285 said:

Welcome to Adriana Lima's General Discussion thread.

This is where you talk about Adriana in general, including unverified gossip. Don't post news or fan-related items in this thread.

Please try not to post an image in this thread unless you feel it is necessary to make or prove a point.

I’m a new member too, i don’t remember any warning but i did read the thread rules. It says we’re allowed to. I didn’t write anything against the rules, i mean in every thread, members talk about bf’s and it must be ok unless it include direct insult to them.

I posted an online newspaper link that clarifies why Adriana broke up with her ex. That’s it. Didn’t even write any comment about it. 

I have been an active member of this forum for 5 years if I remember well, and the General Discussion thread here was closed for a short period of time thanks to annoying Edelman fans coming here from other forums. So it was closed before, even if shortly.

That being said, I am strongly against closing a thread just because some people can't respect the rules, so us other correct users get negatively affected too. Instead of limiting a function for all the forum users, why notsend a warning to  the ones who go against the rules, and if the violation gets repeated ban them? Sure it's more time consuming then closing everything, I get it, but the admins are here to help the forum, i.e. the correct members and contributors, not punish them because others can't respect the rules.

This is just my opinion, of course, and I respect the tremendous amount of work running a forum like this requires, but as a user that never got any kind of warning for my conduit here I don't like to get threats from the admins to loose access to some funcionalities because others didn't respect the rules.

@nhlovesadri But no one was disrespecting the rules. The board rules say we can talk about gossip concerning Adriana. And that’s what we were doing. People were talking about Emir because I had asked when she started following him again. And someone pointed out it was right before he was linked to another model. So we were talking about how the follow prob doesn’t mean anything. And the Edelman talk was cause we noticed her liking his stuff a lot and possibly having interest in him again. But it’s not like users were talking about Edelman in football or something completely unrelated to this forum. I would understand if it were a bunch of users from other boards that came here and started talking about someone else and aren’t Adriana fans as you are saying happened last time the thread was closed. 

Yeah it was good to see Adriana return to editorial work. I’m guessing Vogue Japan should be coming in January. She also has the Puma campaign coming from when she shot in Paris. I wonder what she was working on in NY and Miami last month I think it was. I hope she returns to walking fashion shows.