Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

1 hour ago, emerald7 said:

Wow thanks. I Still can't believe it was her last show.

she is leaving at a good time. Its sad but smart. I just can't get over the amount of love and respect. Its so funny because people used to be so negative about it when she stayed. Saying she was getting "old". And that she should have left "on top" like gisele did, so that, I don't even know lol. IDK why people felt she needed to leave that brand early. But anyway, clearly Adriana was smart to stay because she got alll the respect for staying with the brand no matter her age, no matter others leaving,no matter the fact that she has kids and it can be difficult to be with such a brand. Because what it did was made her one of a kind. This is just a lingerie brand, but Adriana doing what she did, turned it into more than that. This was inspiring and even people who don't care about VS can see why. I can't imagine how she must feel. Even as fans its overwhelming and beautiful

1 hour ago, Souled-Out said:

So, all of that does look weird. But, you can tell they never cared too much for eachother and if what people said was true about them when Candice first became an angel, I don't blame Adriana one bit for not being able to care about Candice. (IDK if its 100 percent true but rumors on here said Candice used to mock Adriana's accent when they first met, behind her back). Again, IDK how true that is, but if it is true it explains alot. But they are just two different people anyway. Adriana is the type of person who only likes to be with people that she has more in common with. Don't get me wrong, clearly she is kind to everyone and gives everyone a chance. But if they blow that chance, it seems like Adriana is done.

I heard about Candice mocking Adri's accent too.  Candice kind gives off major b*itch vibes to people who are more successful or better looking than her.  She was that way when she had to do events with Miranda too, who also had a huge fan gathering.  You could tell the chemistry with her and Miranda were just off.  I've seen videos of Candice giving major eyeroll and catty looks at Ale too, and I've never really been a fan of her since.  Candice seems to work better with people who don't compete with her for the limelight, or else the cattiness comes out.   I really like angels who are humble and genuine.  Among the new angels, I'm starting to like Taylor and Jo for that reason, even they do get a bit hyper sometimes.   

2 hours ago, Aurora Dawn said:

I heard about Candice mocking Adri's accent too.  Candice kind gives off major b*itch vibes to people who are more successful or better looking than her.  She was that way when she had to do events with Miranda too, who also had a huge fan gathering.  You could tell the chemistry with her and Miranda were just off.  I've seen videos of Candice giving major eyeroll and catty looks at Ale too, and I've never really been a fan of her since.  Candice seems to work better with people who don't compete with her for the limelight, or else the cattiness comes out.   I really like angels who are humble and genuine.  Among the new angels, I'm starting to like Taylor and Jo for that reason, even they do get a bit hyper sometimes.   

Exactly. I DO think Candice has matured and grown. But what always turned me off about her was that when she was younger and VS was giving her a push you can tell she got along BETTER with those who weren't a threat. I don't want to bash her at all, but thats honestly how I felt. I do think she is past that now, however I personally am very turned off by it.

I've yet to see any actual evidence of the rumored Candice making fun of Adriana's accent video. Candice has a lot of other model friends too so I doubt she used to be as bitchy as people are saying she was. I doubt there was any incident involved with them. What I'm speculating is that:

1. Candice was somewhat jealous at the amount of publicity Adriana gets and the bigger contract that Adriana has with VS. When VS was pushing Candice, she was being overworked and underpaid basically. She got nearly every catalog cover and the swim book was basically "Candice as friends." She did nearly every campaign yet her contract probably paid her half the money as they paid Adriana. So I think part of the resentment adds up.

2. Adriana has mentioned that she was insecure about her looks and worried all the time if she looked good enough. It became apparent in the early 2010s that VS started using Candice heavily and she was gonna become Adriana's successor. I'd imagine there would be some insecurity that comes with that.

There might not be a video of Candice mocking Adriana because nobody would post something like that and it was reported by a worker, but as they say, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.  I wouldn't be surprised though given how insecure and catty Candice was in her earlier years towards some of the other models.  Adriana has mentioned getting older and joked about being the grandma of the angels, but that is in relation to all the angels. I highly doubt she would be jealous of Candice, because to be honest, nobody in VS (except Gisele) had a career that has even come close to Adriana's and very few have had HF faces at her level (I can think of Doutzen, Taylor, maybe Lily in her late twenties).

But it sounds like someone is an Adriana hater, starting an account with nothing but posts just to bash her in her own subforum.  I guess hater's gonna hate, but at the end of the day, a queen is still a queen.

2 hours ago, Aurora Dawn said:

There might not be a video of Candice mocking Adriana because nobody would post something like that and it was reported by a worker, but as they say, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.  I wouldn't be surprised though given how insecure and catty Candice was in her earlier years towards some of the other models.  Adriana has mentioned getting older and joked about being the grandma of the angels, but that is in relation to all the angels. I highly doubt she would be jealous of Candice, because to be honest, nobody in VS (except Gisele) had a career that has even come close to Adriana's and very few have had HF faces at her level (I can think of Doutzen, Taylor, maybe Lily in her late twenties).

But it sounds like someone is an Adriana hater, starting an account with nothing but posts just to bash her in her own subforum.  I guess hater's gonna hate, but at the end of the day, a queen is still a queen.

That part. Talking about there has yet to be any evidence of Candice treating Adriana like that. There is no evidence of Adriana being jealous or insecure of Candice at all. As a matter of fact, I have never heard that. Its actually obvious that Adriana has become CONFIDENT during those years. Thats when she'd actually post selfies of her after a work out and people would complain and she didn't give a damn because she liked it. Somebody who was insecure, wouldn't do that, especially when people complained in the comments. When Candice was being pushed, thats what Adriana was doing. Posting selfies she knew most people didn't like and saw it but she didn't give a damn. There is actually a post on her IG where she said she knew the lightening on the photo sucked and basically it wasn't good picture and she says "But I like it". Adriana had enough confidence that it gets mistaken as arrogance by those who know nothing about her. The ONLY insecurity Adriana mentioned this day is her teeth. All she said about her body is that it changed  because she had children BUT she didn't say she was insecure about it. She also had no problem showing it off. And she said this around 2015-2016, VS was done pushing Candice. Before then, Adriana didn't talk about her insecurities. And she also mentioned while she hated her teeth, her face keeps getting better.  So I don't see Candice making Adriana insecure.

Like Aurora said, you sound more like a  hater who probably is mad because Adriana had a huge moment and it overshadowed everybody, especially with you jumping at another's model defense like that trying to make it seem like Adriana was insecure because of them.  Adriana has done so much more than her using her looks, I doubt it. And fuck all that underpaid shit, VS helped Candice career alot. You wouldn't have known Candice without VS, so she had better been grateful for being pushed. She didn't have to get paid like Adriana, they gave her massive exposure that lead her to getting more jobs and spotlight. If she had a problem with that, then she was just ungrateful. And none of that is Adriana's fault. Thats not even called resentment, thats called being an ungrateful bitch. Because you don't just start at a company and automatically get treated like the most valuable model. You gotta spend more time working for that, just like Adriana herself had to.

SO, you're better off sticking with the mean girl theory than that "resentment" shit.You see how big of a deal Adriana is seen to VS? What does a newbie look like having her status already?   So your theory is an even worse look, and it is not a reason to be rude to Adriana, if Candice ever was. Also, keep in mind like the user said, Adriana is NOT the only one Candice exhibited that behavior with. Makes it easier to believe when its not even the first time people have seen her be rude to others

@Aurora Dawn I am looking at this person's post and you are def right they seemed to have made it to talk shit about Adriana everywhere. WTF. I know when something great happens for others, people like that do come out of the woodwork but atleast try to hide the fact that you're hater. Jeez. Every single post about this person is malicious to Adriana and they made the account just for that purpose. Let the girl have her moment, why do they have to be THAT person.

Though I haven't seen any direct videos of Candice undermining Adriana, this is a forum. Not a court of law. It's not like there's not a boat of circumstantial details / happenings that point to Candice's not being so fond of Adriana. I'm not even necessarily saying anything derogatory about Candice. It's more of an observation. I too think she's matured. And in general being in such a cut throat business brings out the competitive side in some people. I didn't think about it before but it's true that within the brand Candice seems to be best buds with girls that aren't given nearly as much attention by VS (Behati, Lily, even Erin when she was around). She also seems to have an affinity for Gisele and views her as the supreme (nothing wrong with it -- I do too). But Gisele was not at VS when Candice was. I do think there was an element of direct competition with Adriana.

But like we acknowledged Adriana does her own thing too. She seems to bond with more like-minded people, namely some fellow Brazilian models or people that share a familiar element in terms of cultural backgrounds. She had also multiple times made comments implying that she believes that there's not a lot of people in the industry that are real. I'm sure she's had her share of experiences. 

Side bar, someone said Taylor seems humble and genuine. Taylor seems to be many things (she is down right gorgeous) but humble is not something I've ever associated with her. But I didn't see her comments about Adriana at PFW. Happy to hear it. And yeah even as Behati didn't reciprocate Candice's novel to her, she mentioned she could write a novel on Adriana. I've always appreciated Behati in general. 

6 hours ago, uberglasses said:

It's missing her 2005 Sexy Shadow Dreams outfit.

adrianalimafan.com-runway2005-0062.jpg

Good call. I completely missed that and thought emerald had them all included already. It's so crazy how many outfits adriana has had and how stunning she has looked in nearly every single show. I think that her walk in the 2005 sexy dreams outfit was one of my favorites. 

3 hours ago, EsraLima said:

Her video for Victoria's Secret has hit 10 millions views !

I knew it would get 10 million views but I sure didn’t think it was gonna happen this fast. This woman is on a freaking roll. 

I know she doesn’t care but she could get a big magazine cover or another big project from all this hype, but knowing her, she’d spend the coming months focusing on Puma and staying home.

The most amazing part is, she never forces things, I think she’s one of those people who believe, you don’t have to force things, whatever you’re supposed to get in this life will come to you.

I mean from that article about her being the only model to give interviews without makeup, how blase she is about social media and how she can basically disappear from the modeling scene for several months but still retain the love and admiration of millions is truly beyond!

This goes to show that kindness and hardwork has a more lasting effect on people than most things. I have never seen  a model receive this kind of attention on an international scale. This girl doesn’t even care about fashion but she remains upstaging your faves 😂

This is true star power right here folks

1 hour ago, uberglasses said:

Without her Victoria's Secret contract, but with Puma now on her payroll, what do you think her ranking will be on the World's Richest Models or whatever that annual Forbes ranking is called?

The VS contract would still count for this year, it just won't be next year. And by next year, who knows whats up next. She also still has her maybelline contract and her miu miu campaign and schultz from this year. Also that dudani ad

2 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

The VS contract would still count for this year, it just won't be next year. And by next year, who knows whats up next. She also still has her maybelline contract and her miu miu campaign and schultz from this year. Also that dudani ad

I don't think these last years her VS contract was that big anyway, bigger then any other Angels yes, specially the new Angels, their contracts are rumored to be not that special; but still, no swim, no makeup, no sport, a couple of events a year besides the show, it wasn't for sure even close to what she had before, when all thses things were covered by VS, to the point of paying her a fortune to go away from Maybelline in 2009-10 and have the exclusive for VS beauty products.

Wow! 10 millions.. that was fast! 

I agree, VS hasn't been such a huge contract these last years, she still has some good ones out there. 

I'm truly enjoying this new phase. I think the Puma contract really fits her, her MiuMiu campaign is gorgeous and she is looking like the young version Adriana on her Schultz ads. Dudalina ads are very elegant and her skin is amazing still perfect for Maybelline.