Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

1 hour ago, EsraLima said:

They showed Candice, and she is barely most popular then Adriana from what I can see. But I really hope you're right 

Its not just popularity. Candice is not 37 and been an angel for like 18 years. Every single year since like 2015 people always wonder if Adriana is gonna walk again. Every year its more suspenseful for her because 1. Her fame 2. Her name in VS (she has the most successful VS career, 5 show openings, 3 fantasy bras, and only god knows how many segments she has opened since 2001). 3. She is the oldest. Everybody knows Candice has some more years on her, not everybody knows about that with Adriana. So the suspense its def different

1 hour ago, Miss Bathory said:

Well said. The fantas Bra it is a joke .. Even Adriana hasn't be doing campaign for them .. they all know Adriana it is the big name in the show .. it was just like last year when people got craz because some fake news saying Adriana didn't got the Visa for China , people was just crazy about it, thinking she wouldn't walk, every year it's just like this lol

Yeah I feel sorry for both Behati and Elsa. Behati because, she still ain't got it and whenever she does get it, clearly its gonna be more like Elsa's with the way VS is going. And Elsa because, she worked for this but its not the best bra. Adriana and Candice are soo lucky to be vet angels in that sense. Adriana got the chance 3 times. Candice got the second most expensive and a very beautiful one.

1 minute ago, Souled-Out said:

Yeah I feel sorry for both Behati and Elsa. Behati because, she still ain't got it and whenever she does get it, clearly its gonna be more like Elsa's with the way VS is going. And Elsa because, she worked for this but its not the best bra. Adriana and Candice are soo lucky to be vet angels in that sense. Adriana got the chance 3 times. Candice got the second most expensive and a very beautiful one.

Maybe Behati will be just like Doutzen lol .. I Have to say .. I would like to see Adriana got one more FB , since Her and Heidi are the only angels so far who got 3 FB... And with one more she would make more history .. I know she got everything and blabla .. but it don't cust anything dream a little lol

1 minute ago, Miss Bathory said:

Maybe Behati will be just like Doutzen lol .. I Have to say .. I would like to see Adriana got one more FB , since Her and Heidi are the only angels so far who got 3 FB... And with one more she would make more history .. I know she got everything and blabla .. but it don't cust anything dream a little lol

I am wishing the same thing lol ! And also one more show so she can have this record too 

58 minutes ago, Miss Bathory said:

Yeah, I am starting to feel as if VS just picks an angel that they will never give the fb to lol. Because at first it was just Doutzen, but now behati. But here is the thing, Behati did work alot and was pushed before her pregnancy. So, you can't even compare her to Doutzen because Behati still got to open the show twice. But its weird seeing someone come back from pregnancy with no Fb and no show opening. However, I guess thats what happens when you chose to take two years off. I guess VS cares more about dedication than I realized.

Adriana not getting anymore fbs lol. Just like she clearly isn't getting anymore openings lol. But I am cool with that since the FBs aren't the best these days. Now, if they looked like Lais's bra looked like then OK. But if not, Adriana has been blessed with the three she got. Especially since she got them back to back. I am surprised Candice doesn't have another already. Been 4 years. Adriana managed to get 3 in six years. And this is why I don't think we should continue to expect VS to give her more, the girl has had an amazing VS career. And she got all of this while VS was on top. As I said, she is LUCKY.

9 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Yeah, I am starting to feel as if VS just picks an angel that they will never give the fb to lol. Because at first it was just Doutzen, but now behati. But here is the thing, Behati did work alot and was pushed before her pregnancy. So, you can't even compare her to Doutzen because Behati still got to open the show twice. But its weird seeing someone come back from pregnancy with no Fb and no show opening. However, I guess thats what happens when you chose to take two years off. I guess VS cares more about dedication than I realized.

Adriana not getting anymore fbs lol. Just like she clearly isn't getting anymore openings lol. But I am cool with that since the FBs aren't the best these days. Now, if they looked like Lais's bra looked like then OK. But if not, Adriana has been blessed with the three she got. Especially since she got them back to back. I am surprised Candice doesn't have another already. Been 4 years. Adriana managed to get 3 in six years. And this is why I don't think we should continue to expect VS to give her more, the girl has had an amazing VS career. And she got all of this while VS was on top. As I said, she is LUCKY.

Yeh .. but like I Said it don't cust anything, dream about it lol. I Think since Behati got married with Adam, she stoped modeling a little .. I to be fair .. She didn't deserved .. it would be so unfair with thoses NA who has been working so hard 

58 minutes ago, Miss Bathory said:

Yeh .. but like I Said it don't cust anything, dream about it lol. I Think since Behati got married with Adam, she stoped modeling a little .. I to be fair .. She didn't deserved .. it would be so unfair with thoses NA who has been working so hard 

Yeah, I understand that factor, but she could have gotten it back when she was working with VS alot. Which she was. But they gave those bras to lily and Adriana/Alessandra (again)

3 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Yeah, I understand that factor, but she could have gotten it back when she was working with VS alot. Which she was. But they gave those bras to lily and Adriana/Alessandra (again)

It just like when Marissa got the fb .. in 2009 , that fb should had be for Alessandra and the 2013 should be for Doutzen and not for Candice .. I really would like to undestand how VS pick the angels who will wearing the fb

When she leaves VS, I really hope she gets a 4th too.  It would be well-deserved, since no other Angel in the history of VS has done or meant as much to the brand as Adriana.  Funny enough, the success of VS has always mirrored Adriana's own career.  She started walking for the fashion show very early in its infancy, both hit their peaks together, and it looks like both are slowly dwindling down together.  I can't imagine VS going on for very many more years after Adriana leaves; the company has not been doing well for a while now, and unless they make meaningful changes, it'll only be a matter of time until the company and the fashion show itself burns out of money.

Behati will get a FB if she can hang on long enough, but she may not even want to at this point.  Seniority still matters very much in terms of who gets the FB.  VS underused Doutzen when she was still an angel, but Doutzen definitely would have gotten the FB had she decided to stay longer.  Lily got it, and Doutzen was bigger than Lily. 

I really hope Adriana shows up soon.  I'm getting antsy not getting more recent confirmation, but I do believe she'll be there since VS will have a PR mess on their hands if she isn't.         

1 hour ago, Aurora Dawn said:

When she leaves VS, I really hope she gets a 4th too.  It would be well-deserved, since no other Angel in the history of VS has done or meant as much to the brand as Adriana.  Funny enough, the success of VS has always mirrored Adriana's own career.  She started walking for the fashion show very early in its infancy, both hit their peaks together, and it looks like both are slowly dwindling down together.  I can't imagine VS going on for very many more years after Adriana leaves; the company has not been doing well for a while now, and unless they make meaningful changes, it'll only be a matter of time until the company and the fashion show itself burns out of money.

Behati will get a FB if she can hang on long enough, but she may not even want to at this point.  Seniority still matters very much in terms of who gets the FB.  VS underused Doutzen when she was still an angel, but Doutzen definitely would have gotten the FB had she decided to stay longer.  Lily got it, and Doutzen was bigger than Lily. 

I really hope Adriana shows up soon.  I'm getting antsy not getting more recent confirmation, but I do believe she'll be there since VS will have a PR mess on their hands if she isn't.         

I don't think seniority matters that much. Doutzen had been walking since 2005 lol. I think the problem with doutzen was her special contract with VS. She talked about it. She was allowed an angel despite not having to work with VS as much. So, in a sense behati is like doutzen. Doutzen didn't get the fb because she was never that committed to VS. And behati missing three years of VS is basically the same ting. I think dedication to the brand plays the most term.

I do think seniority still matters somewhat.  VS undoubtedly plays favorites, and it may take some Angels a longer time to get a FB, but they do eventually get it if they can stick with the brand long enough and don't lose their contract.  Take Ale for example.  It took her over 10 years before she got her first one despite extreme dedication and being worked to the bone by them.  But it eventually happened.  Lily has never really been that big of a VS player like some of the other girls, but she got it.   The trick is to be liked well enough by the company for them to keep the Angel contract in first place, which would then lead to a chance with the FB, which not all angels have been able to do.

You can also see the seniority thing happening with the New Angels.  Unsurprisingly, the New Angels who have gotten the FB are also the ones who have walked and worked the longest with VS:  Elsa (including this year, 8 years), Lais (8), and Jasmine (7).  

Wow! I miss here for a day and you all have already been drinking the kool-aid again. :) How did we jump from yesterday's "she is leaving by the end of this year" to another FB? 

Sorry! I have love VS forever, but they have been in complete decline. This year's bra, looks like a costume for me. I'm very happy for Elsa. I find her stunning and I believe she is so great that she is going to make that bra look good, but i don't think it looks like jewelry.

After a stunning bra last year, they made something underwhelming.

About Adriana being part of the show, more than Barbara's message, the press release by the official VS site is what leaves me more confident that she will be a part of it.

Hopefully tomorrow we will have some pictures. Dying to see Adriana killing it again! 

Now, VS has another performer on the show. I really don't know how all this is going to happen this year. 

I think she is quiet for the show this year because she has contract with PUMA. PUMA and VS are competing with training wear, so it is difficult in various ways.

Even though she is training for the show she can't tag "VS" because she is wearing PUMA. VS also can't use her training videos for promotion because she is wearing PUMA.

Anyway, I think she should leave VS. VS continues to decline, and the value of being a VS Angel is also getting thinner.  (and there are many VS fans who don't like her. lol)

2 hours ago, jamiya said:

I think she is quiet for the show this year because she has contract with PUMA. PUMA and VS are competing with training wear, so it is difficult in various ways.

Even though she is training for the show she can't tag "VS" because she is wearing PUMA. VS also can't use her training videos for promotion because she is wearing PUMA.

Anyway, I think she should leave VS. VS continues to decline, and the value of being a VS Angel is also getting thinner.  (and there are many VS fans who don't like her. lol)

That plays a role but she could just post one of her many old VS photos and use that to talk about it. VS isn't just an active wear line, its not even primarily an active wear line. She could just do that, like everybody else but she isn't and so isn't VS. Thats for another reason I think. 

I wouldn't say many VS fans don't like her. Immature very young ones on instagram or maybe twitter don't. But GENERALLY clearly she is important and well loved, people are freaking out about the "no confirmation" of her attending. Even the haters are, so its clear she is very essential and important to VS. The fact that even the people who don't like her can't stop wondering what is going on with her, says alot. Thats why you call them haters lol. Adriana is like the beyonce of it. Older, seen as one of the best ever, is the most successful out the bunch (in terms of VS career) and still very well loved generally. And because of that these new fans they have are JEALOUS. First of all, they didn't follow the brand when she was used alot, so they are very sadly ignorant. But thats no excuse for them to discredit her the way they do.  Because its clear she is very important and they know deep down, none of the others that they do like, will come close to her career and impact in VS. Shit, they probably don't even realize half of the things Adriana has done while in VS. Its what happens when you are so successful, you get haters. And you can tell by the direction VS is going, that they will never do all they have done for Adriana, for another angel again.

They know that Adriana has the best VS career, she is globally respected as an angel and its rare that anybody else gets her praise, so they hate on her.  And they are very bothered by her. Even though, everything Adriana got she deserved. And every year she stays, is another year she makes history. Also, I will say since the new fans are so young, they are bothered by Adriana's social media activity. I mean, really they are just bothered by her, but you see how her fans hate her lack of social media training, ofcourse her haters got some shit to say. They think she does a very poor job at promoting VS on social media. Which is true but its nothing out of the ordinary. But since they hate her, they turn it into her being a "bad spokesperson", despite her doing promo for VS in interviews. They have no regard that Adriana is not from the social media age and so she just doesn't like using it much to talk about VS. But because they are haters and everything she does is offensive, they use it to make her look bad. Its annoying but at the end of the day those type of fans don't like her because they are jealous. They will deny it, but thats just delusion kicking in. Just like they are being delusional about her "not" walking LOL.  Its kinda obvious that no other angel will get 5 show openings and 3 fantasy bras like her again. And even though she has been around for so long, people care JUST as much about her in the show as they did in 2005 lol. Thats crushing for someone who doesn't like Adriana.

And like I said, there is the whole thing about her walk. I am not gonna lie, I would pay to see Adriana walk like she did in 2005. But fuck those VS fans that complain about it because they are the same ones who try to hype up models like bella hadid, who clearly has less talent. If nobody believes me, go back to secret angels compare Adriana's walk to bella's lol. I bet the same people right now, who don't even like her, are peeping in here just to see her status about the show. Knowing damn well, as people who claim not to like her, they shouldn't even care. But they do, because haters love to keep tabs on people they don't like. Adriana was never an "underdog" and those little kids like to root for the underdogs.

@Souled-Out  My thoughts exactly.  Here's a very similar post I was working on.  

It's quite natural that any angel will have people who don't like them. But in the case of Adriana, dealing with the hate comes with the territory of being VS's oldest, biggest, and most iconic Angel.   I actually think that Adriana is one of the best-loved angels.  Whenever I read the Comment sections of news outlets, all the other angels always seem to get ripped to shreds with comments that are way meaner and nastier than the things said about Adriana.   I get the sense that those who don't like her tend to be very young fans or those who don't have a strong understanding of the industry and her role in it, and they tend to be very vocal about it on places like Instagram or Bellazon.  While I do think there are many things she could do better or consider for constructive criticism (eg. how she handles social media), anybody who knows VS well or knows the modeling era of the last 2 decades, also knows Adriana's unshakeable position in it.   

She was unbelievably huge and unforgettable as a model when she was at her height, in ways that I haven't seen any later Angel be able to replicate as of yet.  Her influence is not to be underestimated; she has shaped the image of the VS angel more than anyone else.  All of the other current angels have followed in her footsteps or taken after her in some way.  At her peak, every girl friend I had was on the Adriana train.  She has amassed a huge following.  Don't be fooled by Instagram, which is a platform dominated by younger audiences.  A lot of Adriana's fans aren't as active or vocal on social media, but they sure as hell are still out there.

I think she should stay with VS and follow her heart; she clearly wants to be with VS for a few more years and she is always so excited for every show, even if she doesn't post about it (which she should!).  I'd personally like to see her stay for at least 3 more years until she hits 40, as that would break a glass ceiling.  It's a sad thing that the modeling industry too often views beauty as something only possible in teens and twenty-something year olds, as if women are suddenly worthless after a certain age and as if their fans themselves don't age.  I have a lot of respect for models like Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss, who kept working into their 40's and pushing against the ageism that sadly limits this industry.  Go Adriana.  She has always been the persistent one and the absolute hard-worker.  If anybody can push the limits, it'll be her.